New microtransaction videos, short interview and 0.10.8 recipe news

"
Welp, I know what micro transaction I am getting next. If only my Templar had more badass armor to go with that cleave instead of the garbage in the dumpster. Armor skins, yes? GGG? Please?

You'll need that better armour when you meet that kiwi you mentioned in that other thread :)
In our quest to conquer the world ... allies are just future enemies that don't realise it yet MAWHAHA !!!
Last edited by Illysio_Nightstar on May 7, 2013, 7:04:00 AM
Can we have gear appearance customization? Like the glorious plate looks very... unglorious. Look like a wizard armour. Can't stand looking at it on a marauder. Skin swaps!
"
haplessG00N wrote:
Can we have gear appearance customization? Like the glorious plate looks very... unglorious. Look like a wizard armour. Can't stand looking at it on a marauder. Skin swaps!

Would be in general nice to have more new 2D and 3D itemarts for high tier gear.
I'll definitely keep leveling my elemental cleave build up for that new effect. I'm pretty sure the default cleave name from now on will be 'The Bad Touch'.

That being said, the one thing I really, really want to know is if/how map rewards are changing. I'm at the point where several times I've spent days running all my 66=67's, then run all the 68's, then used a pile of alchemist's orbs on every 69-70 I had... only to go on streaks of 5-8 maps without seeing a single even-level-or-better map drop, and by halfway through the evening be back on 66's. In general, 68+ I spend more on the maps than I get out of them, and it's always frustrating and depressing to watch map drops just disappear the moment I start 69+. That's a LOOOONG way from 77. Hopefully something can be done to make maps feel more rewarding and less like I have to farm trivial content endlessly for half a second of decently interesting gameplay.
"
Russell wrote:
"
cronus wrote:

demon claw cleave looks great but i would appreciate a shorter display, more transparency or a smaller scaling of the hand as the effect is so much visually emphasized at least in the video.

The hand lingers around for ages because once you get around 100-300+ attack speed it becomes very hard to see. So we were trying to tune it more around the later part of the game. At level 1-30 (unless you have cool man Sam gear) itll kinda look like a bitch slap : P. We found the more animation we added to it the less it looked like a cleaving claw effect at fast attack speeds. It started to look more like a punch as it curled up at the end : P.

punch. punch? facebreaker!

but yeah, it's my the impression from the video. and sadly you can't test mt on alpha. can imagine the scaling is kind of difficult to sync with attack speed.

another point:
i liked the blood trail i saw which followed the hand alot and could imagine this effect, maybe a bit stronger drawn, would be nice as another mt. of course it's not as cool as the demon hand :) but i'm personally more into small and subtle but impressive effects.
"
Finnien wrote:
I'll definitely keep leveling my elemental cleave build up for that new effect. I'm pretty sure the default cleave name from now on will be 'The Bad Touch'.

That being said, the one thing I really, really want to know is if/how map rewards are changing. I'm at the point where several times I've spent days running all my 66=67's, then run all the 68's, then used a pile of alchemist's orbs on every 69-70 I had... only to go on streaks of 5-8 maps without seeing a single even-level-or-better map drop, and by halfway through the evening be back on 66's. In general, 68+ I spend more on the maps than I get out of them, and it's always frustrating and depressing to watch map drops just disappear the moment I start 69+. That's a LOOOONG way from 77. Hopefully something can be done to make maps feel more rewarding and less like I have to farm trivial content endlessly for half a second of decently interesting gameplay.

Yeah, I just levelled an alt (ranger) to run lvl 66-67 maps, as they gave my lvl 82 witch almost no XP and pose no challenge. I did all my 68+ maps (investing alchemy orbs and chisels) and run out of them. There should be a bit more chance of getting maps one-two leveles higher than the map one is currently doing.

If not, Piety-running is the way to go, which would be sad, boring and remind me of Diablo 3. Millions of dollars of investment, countless hours of development, and in the final product is most efficient to farm 3 locations out of hundreds of environments and locations on the lowest difficulty setting. That just broke that game for me, made it an abomination in comparison to its great predecessor - D2.
IGN Kinnat (S) / Sihaam (S) / Aedhammair (S) / Ranulfr (S)
☄ 1.0.0 The Butchery of Mages Patch
Last edited by entropus on May 7, 2013, 7:57:46 AM
> Chris: We’re pretty happy with class balance right now

i personally agree with that statement from the interview but i expected more melee players raging about it here.
One item with 4 unlinked sockets = 1 fusing orb ! It s the only new recipe i know so far :)
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Very tasty patch, btw that Claw Effect reminds me of "Black & White" PC game when You turned out to be evil your hand (cursor) became just as creepy as this one ;)
IGN: ProjectPaffix

You wouldn't even think how exciting might be exile, unless You choose the "wrong turn".
"
Kagari wrote:
One item with 4 unlinked sockets = 1 fusing orb ! It s the only new recipe i know so far :)

Really ?
To crit or not to crit ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info