New microtransaction videos, short interview and 0.10.8 recipe news

anyone else want the hand to go the opposite way?
"
Chris wrote:
"
exorzist wrote:
since kripp made the ele cleave build popular GGG immediately reacted ... its somewhat a shame that marauder melee attacks didnt see any love to this day ... i hate to say it but GGG's recently released item effects pretty much show exactly what GGG thinks about melee. they just ignore it ...very sad.

The reason why we didn't have melee effects until now is because we only just got support for the technology needed to add this type of effect. Spells are easy because you just replace the projectile, but having alternate Cleave or Rain of Arrows art took some work. Because we're giving microtransactions low priority (so that we can focus on core issues), it took this many months to get support for this type of microtransaction. I'd have loved to have had it available in January, but server stability and such have come first.

Extremely well played response :)
Casually casual.

GGG, it would be better if you'll do this demon hand effect not only for Cleave, bot also for Sweep skill. It's simply just alittle tweak of speed and radius change for Sweep. But that would be awesome!
I hope the recipes include changing the augmentation recipe. I hate trying to harvest alterations and I get one that will sell for a lot of them and it ends up giving me an aug because it has 6 affixes.
"
Marquoz wrote:
I hope the recipes include changing the augmentation recipe. I hate trying to harvest alterations and I get one that will sell for a lot of them and it ends up giving me an aug because it has 6 affixes.

4 augmentations = 1 alteration you know ;)
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
"
cronus wrote:
> Chris: We’re pretty happy with class balance right now

i personally agree with that statement from the interview but i expected more melee players raging about it here.

Melee isn't a class though, it's a play style. Class balance consists mainly of the skill tree starting areas.
"
Zebrus wrote:
GGG, it would be better if you'll do this demon hand effect not only for Cleave, bot also for Sweep skill. It's simply just alittle tweak of speed and radius change for Sweep. But that would be awesome!

LOVE the demon hand effect. For sweep just do demon foot.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
the hand cleave looks purely commercial and not very realistic,the hands animation hides the blade,should be something like blade turns into hand and after animation converts back to blade

and did you ever considered something like unarmed cleave?
They had mentioned giving us uses for unused gems... I hope that is still in the works.
"
so0le wrote:
"
cronus wrote:
> Chris: We’re pretty happy with class balance right now

i personally agree with that statement from the interview but i expected more melee players raging about it here.

Melee isn't a class though, it's a play style. Class balance consists mainly of the skill tree starting areas.

Melee aside, I think that the classes need some tweaking again.

Here is what I'd like to see:

Make the melee-starting-area of both marauder, and Templar more attractive. Right now you always only go Life (Marauder), Manaregen (Templar).

Though that's not really that big of a deal.

Much worse is the witch. Her entire Starting area isn't really worth it.
You are better off starting as a Templar or Shadow and grabbing whatever you need from the Witchtree by passing by. Since the best Witch nodes are outside of her starting area anyways.
Only if you go summoner you really are better off as a Witch.

But speaking of Shadow. He could use some mananodes close to him.

Ranger also is kinda meh. Though I have no idea what to change.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info