New microtransaction videos, short interview and 0.10.8 recipe news

A german Path of Exile fansite, www.exiled.eu, has posted a short interview that they did with me over the weekend. It doesn't contain a lot of new information, but it's certainly worth checking out their site if you're a German player looking for news about the game.

If you run a fansite that you'd like mentioned in the news, please let me know! We really appreciate all the effort that fans put in promoting Path of Exile.

One other small announcement that I can make is that the 0.10.8 patch (to be released later this week) contains some new vendor recipes. We don't talk about the details of recipes or unique items (because finding them and choosing whether to tell other people is half the fun), but I can comment that these are relatively specific recipes for niche purposes, rather than general currency item ones. We're looking at adding more general recipes in future patches, of course.

Thanks for all the emails yesterday. Talk to you guys tomorrow!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Slagmaur wrote:
I'm just looking forward for the overall patch and the new vendor recipes.
Although I'm with the minority who doesn't like these level changes I'd like
to see how they'll affect our gameplay.

That's a good attitude :) We're keen for feedback once you've had a chance to play with them and are happy to make further changes if required.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
exorzist wrote:
since kripp made the ele cleave build popular GGG immediately reacted ... its somewhat a shame that marauder melee attacks didnt see any love to this day ... i hate to say it but GGG's recently released item effects pretty much show exactly what GGG thinks about melee. they just ignore it ...very sad.

The reason why we didn't have melee effects until now is because we only just got support for the technology needed to add this type of effect. Spells are easy because you just replace the projectile, but having alternate Cleave or Rain of Arrows art took some work. Because we're giving microtransactions low priority (so that we can focus on core issues), it took this many months to get support for this type of microtransaction. I'd have loved to have had it available in January, but server stability and such have come first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info