/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

"
Dreggon wrote:
"
FrostTiger wrote:

The reason people buy the crown, especially the Ice Crown, which is the most popular head gear by far, is that it helps identify the player avatar on crowded party play screen. Ice crown is one of the most distinctive headgear available.

Ice Crown is cool and an excellent headpiece - fits the art direction and isn't overbearing. I think more options for different equipment slots would go down very well - a lot of people want something for their Facebreaker builds, so stuff like Frost Gauntlets would be great. Or even fiery ones. Molten Gauntlets. That's the ticket.

"
OldeSchool wrote:

Oh, I get that...I just think that a "dark, gritty" ARPG should be just that. I strongly disagreed with the aura nerf, but bought the official explanation that they were modifying the "disco ball" look in favour of an appearance more in keeping with the game's theme and to help players with underpowered systems. I thought the auras needed a tweak, not a blow-up, but, again...dark...gritty...I can't really see them in the water or tall grass anymore...but okay.

Then, we are presented with six straight weapon effects (counting OB Supporter Packs) which are Roman Candles, arc welders and Tesla coils. Combine that with the aforementioned cartoonish crown, and you have a confusing mishmash of design styles. Happily, I only have to deal with it in town, so not a big deal. I just wish we traditionalists had more options insofar as mtx fx. Easy enough in my unlearned opinion; just depixelate some of the newer weapon fx to be subtle rather than overpowering. Call the muted "Arctic" effect "Frost Blade", and the more subtle "Lightning" effect "Charged Blade" or some such.

I like the horns myself, and the new Iron Maiden is nice. The wings look cool on a Marauder but a bit goofy on anything else.

It's always a tough decision as to how far outside your theme to stray when offering mtx options; I just hope that GGG draws a line before we see stovepipe hats, clown shoes and glowing wings on our "Exiles".

- And yes, I firmly believe that GGG reads this thread. Thanks for changing the title btw.

Wings are way, way too far off to ever be included, and do not belong in the game at all. The elemental weapon effects are heavily overbearing. It's late at night so I dun think too gud but less glow, more subtle detail.

Just remember, this is all "in your opinion."

I love the direction GGG is going with microtransactions.
Black Cat pet 36% off - 95 points.
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:

Excellent pet; a shame we can't have more than one pet out at a time. Still don't understand that decision; more pets = more mtx $$$.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
"
OldeSchool wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:

Excellent pet; a shame we can't have more than one pet out at a time. Still don't understand that decision; more pets = more mtx $$$.

i love my divine rhoa and this black cat, multiple pets walking would be awesome
Master 8: All
CyclERa 93 TS/Puncture, CyclEWS 89 LL-ST
thread /463641 GMT+8
"
Cycl3 wrote:
"
OldeSchool wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:

i love my divine rhoa and this black cat, multiple pets walking would be awesome

I've posted it in several different threads, but have yet to see anything "official" from GGG on the topic. I don't see a downside honestly, but there is plenty of potential up$ide for the GGG coffers.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
"
OldeSchool wrote:
"
Cycl3 wrote:

I've posted it in several different threads, but have yet to see anything "official" from GGG on the topic. I don't see a downside honestly, but there is plenty of potential up$ide for the GGG coffers.

Did you make a thread in the Suggestion Sub-Forum?
If so, link please, I would sign it immediately.

To decide between my Rhoa, my Weta and my Cat is the hardest thing to do.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Aug 12, 2013, 7:04:06 AM
Stormcloud Arctic Armour 37% off - 25 points.

Is Arctic Armour widely used? I want to do a few gimmick builds, but it seems a rare skill.
IRON MAN
Please be demon king horns.

Please be.

Or stash/char slots.
"
Dreggon wrote:
Stormcloud Arctic Armour 37% off - 25 points.

Is Arctic Armour widely used? I want to do a few gimmick builds, but it seems a rare skill.

ibought it.

I use it with EB
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
"
Please be demon king horns.

Please be.

Or stash/char slots.

Ya, this would be the ideal time to put Demon King Horns on sale, with the new helmet MTX coming out at some point this week. *wink wink nudge nuedge @ GGG* ;)

But really, it would be a good way to make some extra money. Put Demon King Horns on sale then bring out the new hood. I'd buy both if that happened.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info