3.23.1c Patch Notes

Such a heavy handed policy on mutes that is only going to serve to kill the social aspect of this game. Players targeting competitors with mass reports to trigger mutes and as a result completely kill their ability to trade is 100% going to be something that people do.

Yes I'm aware that GGG's stance is that Humans handle the mutes, but I don't believe it. Either you actually have players being flagged for mutes automatically or the mods are displaying extremely questionable judgement on what things should be muted.

"
reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1aphrqy/gggs_mute_system_in_all_its_glory_96_hour_mute/

I honestly can't believe someone approved this change, and then doubled down.

Maybe soon enough everyone will be afraid to talk at all or risk getting trade locked.
Last edited by Heyitspars on Feb 13, 2024, 11:25:32 PM
Oh good, I was worried the game populated almost exclusively by men in their 30s wasn't enough of a hugbox. I guess enforced SSF is part of the VISION(tm). Maybe after the standard 6month mute you can just lock our accounts to only play Ruthless SSFHC characters?

I once got a mute after insulting a 0 challenge account asking about RMT prices - I called them goofy. (horrifying, I know). While that was rectified, I wonder if the moderation team would still consider reversing that. I understand a lot of this stems from cultural differences, but for those of us outside the commonwealth of guilt it seems absurd.

<(o)
..( >).
small toucan
"
Heyitspars wrote:
Such a heavy handed policy on mutes that is only going to serve to kill the social aspect of this game. Players targeting competitors with mass reports to trigger mutes and as a result completely kill their ability to trade is 100% going to be something that people do.

Yes I'm aware that GGG's stance is that Humans handle the mutes, but I don't believe it. Either you actually have players being flagged for mutes automatically or the mods are displaying extremely questionable judgement on what things should be muted.

"
reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1aphrqy/gggs_mute_system_in_all_its_glory_96_hour_mute/

Maybe soon enough everyone will be afraid to talk at all or risk getting trade locked.

You don't understand, these changes are needed, this is how GGG will deal with RMT hordes and heroically drive them back forever :)

A few automatic mutes for having words "credit card" in your joke post (since joke context was not recognized, either mutes are non-human or humans have long stopped reading mute prompts they are asked to confirm by the system) is a small price to pay for such decisive victory.
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
Heyitspars wrote:

"

You don't understand, these changes are needed, this is how GGG will deal with RMT hordes and heroically drive them back forever :)

A few automatic mutes for having words "credit card" in your joke post (since joke context was not recognized, either mutes are non-human or humans have long stopped reading mute prompts they are asked to confirm by the system) is a small price to pay for such decisive victory.

they can ban the accounts, mute power is redundant.
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
where is bear trap/impaler bug fixing?

2M since launched
L patch
I feels like this company is becoming like epic games. Look what they did to fortnite? all they cared was ONLY money. They losing player's because they don't give a fck about their comminity.
GGG's could fix come bugs or asked what we want maybe some vote for next league or something?

They cant still fix this?
https://clips.twitch.tv/PrettySpicyTarsierHumbleLife-yDo4ejyP02kqtynf

Every league start we prob have like 70k+ players and then after a month we down to like 20k? players, i wonder why?

I dont want to put this or say it as a hate to ggg's but i dont like imo when a company only cares about the money.
Im forever greatful for this game but keep it as it is. do not destroy it please.
Well, the bug on Maven was fixed, but the fact that these balls continue to fly after her death, does anyone give a shit?
Well, I guess it's time to forget global chat and try to avoid talking to people in general when it isn't necessary.

Couldn't care less about mute since I barely talk in global anyways. But this trade bullshit is another level garbage.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Feb 14, 2024, 6:29:03 AM
"
maxtraxv3 wrote:

they can ban the accounts, mute power is redundant.

Jokes aside, banning accounts is also only secondary measure against RMT.

As it seems this sudden moderation initiative started when GGG discovered people using valdo's map global messages to broadcast RMT advertisements or display funny character names.

Thing is, the most GGG can achieve by doubling down on mutes and bans is that no one will talk about RMT in-game. As long as native trade system remains painstakingly outdated, people will drift towards 3rd party tools and communities like TFT, where they will meet much more RMT advertisement than valdo maps offered :)

This whole situation looks like someone high and mighty in GGG ranks suddenly looked what happens in their chats "on the ground", and had everyone rush and do something about it. What kind of players will be harmed most by this "something" remains to be seen, as upgrading trade system first and making 3rd party communities obsolete is big no-no...
Last edited by Echothesis on Feb 14, 2024, 6:38:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info