How To Dunk Like Jordan! (Physical CI Melee for Dummies!)(Ridiculous Survivability and Damage)

"
Bumblebutt wrote:

I call BS. Granites don't stack.
Pure ES gear = 15k armor top

Not 3-4 granites at once, 3-4 granites in your potion belt meaning you can keep a granite on at all times. He runs determination which is a multiplicative armor addition on top of all the extra armor nodes he has, I personally haven't got enough mana to run the evasion aura yet or iron reflexes so I can't personally vouch for having that much armor but I could see it being possible and have no reason to doubt him
"
warbeak1245 wrote:
"
Bumblebutt wrote:

I call BS. Granites don't stack.
Pure ES gear = 15k armor top

Not 3-4 granites at once, 3-4 granites in your potion belt meaning you can keep a granite on at all times. He runs determination which is a multiplicative armor addition on top of all the extra armor nodes he has, I personally haven't got enough mana to run the evasion aura yet or iron reflexes so I can't personally vouch for having that much armor but I could see it being possible and have no reason to doubt him

Post patch its about 55k armor now, I have about 14? armor buffing nodes or more, plus determination and grace and a little armor on belt. Also Molten Shell. With just Determination and Grace it is 15k armor, granite goes to 43k, shell to 55k. Granite used to take me to 55k and Shell to 70k. Then granite got the nerf button. I need to track down my streamer buddy but I have a video of me just facetanking Map Piety with a damage mod and shit. Pretty much solo'd her, and did similar to every other boss, except Map Vaal (I can stun him once every three hits or so, but his laser does too much for my paltry ES (5.5k) to handle, which is why I am trying to land a 800-1000 ES chest to wear along with a 4-5L Marohi (6L is kindve bad because I don't think I can handle the mana cost).
Ign: TheMidgetCow (Level 88.8 CI Leapslam Templar --- Default)
TheMidgetCowAmbush (Level 91.7 Buzzsaw Ranger --- Ambush)
TheMidgetCowBurns (Level X LowLife RF Scion --- Ambush)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348309/page/1 --- Legacy Guide to CI Leapslam Templar
a video would be great
i have more armor nodes, my base armor is 2000, higher than Grace evasion and I only have 7k armor. Not that I'm trying to convince people he's lying but I refuse to believe without further proof
Standard IGN: WTFNamesAllTaken.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
using build summary i noticed i improved your build by a LOT.. and thats at first glance.. im sure my improved build just sucks, because i havent played it and i have no idea what are most important things to achieve in build..
My build can be compared to yours using: http://www.exilepro.com/build-summary

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBe4whAir2IVU5Dtw9MfvBBBLZGj7xrGDEITQ7OzboWK94DalutfKukyo4erhBh4LHlSBGcbQMkycc3H_GwcUsv4auFdfXhlZj7BjDbY_62-dHBl9qwuy0xSsKwQDbGhB79Uu-OmSjGlVhIRLhourvTii1YIhhUp_LMglVtZ7NpzD3vtIhVw2RztlhGS4n7ayqcql82fPdUea0L0E_xPY9DySLfLuePIFvBLMUTYM473ypaA9UinREcoTEGeneweStwBpmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxA==

yours has: 160str 140dex 210int
mine have: 330str 40dex 160int

physical damage(increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons,increased Physical Damage with Maces,increased Melee Physical Damage)

yours has: 24% + 65% + 22%
mine has: 48% + 48% + 85%

resistances:

yous has: +30% to all
mine has: +20% to all +5% to maximum

attack speed:

yours: 15% att
mine: 15% + 2% + 4%

armor:

yours: 104% increased Armour
mine: 106% increased Armour

energy shield:

yours: 273% + 20% to max
mine: 165% + 20% to max

P.S. Some questions:
1. i didnt took EVASION TO ARMOR skillpoint in tree because i dont think i will get a lot of evasion... i may oneshot myself with too much damage and too less es?
2. what you think about kaoms sign rings? they would give endurance charges..

Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Last edited by webas on Jun 24, 2013, 6:46:13 AM
"
webas wrote:

P.S. Some questions:
1. i didnt took EVASION TO ARMOR skillpoint in tree because i dont think i will get a lot of evasion...
Grace alone without any bonuses gives flat 1,344 evasion @L20. Thats before multiplying it with any bonuses. Also I think its easier to get good ES/evasion combination than armor/ES from gear.
Again, I can't really handle making a video or streaming on my computer (I think), but I am trying to figure out an alternative, although it is a bit weird if it isn't from the perspective of my character itself.

"
webas wrote:
using build summary i noticed i improved your build by a LOT.. and thats at first glance.. im sure my improved build just sucks, because i havent played it and i have no idea what are most important things to achieve in build..
My build can be compared to yours using: http://www.exilepro.com/build-summary

P.S. Some questions:
1. i didnt took EVASION TO ARMOR skillpoint in tree because i dont think i will get a lot of evasion... i may oneshot myself with too much damage and too less es?
2. what you think about kaoms sign rings? they would give endurance charges..

Sorry I didn't quote your numbers, but seriously, the most important part is stacking energy shield, and you dropped about 100% increased ES... which in perspective for the best gear ingame atm, would drop this build from around 15k ES, to around 8k ES.

Furthermore, Iron Reflexes is necessary, regardless of the amount of points it takes. I get about 12k Armor from Grace alone.

Also, your amount of Dex poitns is WAY too low, you would need around 120 Dex from gear in order to run a level 20 Haste.

Not sure how you are getting +5% to maximum as Elemental Adaptation is only +2%...

So overall, your build has very strict gear requirements (must have 120 dex in total, and must have huge amounts of ES to have enough to survive. Near perfect on every piece.), and it gains about 40% Increased Physical Damage (maybe 1000 Dps), and 6% Increased Attack Speed (maybe 200 Dps), and also sacrifices about 3000 Armor from Grace, as well as about 100% increased armor from Nullification nodes. Thus making it extremely unefficient and just overall... bad...

"
juzz wrote:
Grace alone without any bonuses gives flat 1,344 evasion @L20. Thats before multiplying it with any bonuses. Also I think its easier to get good ES/evasion combination than armor/ES from gear.

This is true in some cases.

"
Bumblebutt wrote:

a video would be great
i have more armor nodes, my base armor is 2000, higher than Grace evasion and I only have 7k armor. Not that I'm trying to convince people he's lying but I refuse to believe without further proof

You probably overlooked the fact that I not only have the two Body & Soul clusters, but also the Nullification cluster. Also, you probably aren't factoring in the fact that as CI, I have 4 Granite Flasks, and can Permanently maintain these, due to the duration increase from Inner Force, and kill speed/strength. And, you probably don't have a level 20 Molten Shell, since that is already about 1100 flat Armor, which multiplies with Determination to be about 10000.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348309/page/1 --- Legacy Guide to CI Leapslam Templar
So maybe this build needs amrmor/es chest? Not just es chest?

Will you do some comments on gear? You already wrote that this build works with average/good gear.. but what would be that "very good" gear? Would that change skilltree a bit?
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
When you don't have a 5L weapon to roll RRRBG very easily then you must rely on your
armor to get those colours.I'm talking about LS+MPD+MDOFL+FA+Conce.
Having AR/ES or EV/ES one will have less ES but way more armor since this build
has only ES and Armor as defences.
To crit or not to crit ?
"
webas wrote:
So maybe this build needs amrmor/es chest? Not just es chest?

Will you do some comments on gear? You already wrote that this build works with average/good gear.. but what would be that "very good" gear? Would that change skilltree a bit?

I am working on the guide during my off hours of work, I don't want to post changes until the whole revamp is done :)

Will definitely take this into consideration though, but average gear is a 400 ES chest, 200 ES helm, 100 ES gloves, and 80 ES boots, with about 40 ES combined on rings. That's 820 total base ES, which you can get on a chest alone in very good gear.

Yes, a Hybrid Chest is much, much stronger than a Pure ES chest, but I currently need the 5L on my chest and do not have the currency to buy a good 5L Hybrid chest (side note: I also need the resistances on my current chest, as it is a high tri-res)

Edit: Hit 20k Views overnight :D
Last edited by Midnightgem on Jun 25, 2013, 5:21:50 PM
"
Midnightgem wrote:

You probably overlooked the fact that I not only have the two Body & Soul clusters, but also the Nullification cluster. Also, you probably aren't factoring in the fact that as CI, I have 4 Granite Flasks, and can Permanently maintain these, due to the duration increase from Inner Force, and kill speed/strength. And, you probably don't have a level 20 Molten Shell, since that is already about 1100 flat Armor, which multiplies with Determination to be about 10000.

These are very basic nodes that almost every Templar/Witch will take, CI or not. What I don't understand is how do you, wearing pure ES gear can have higher armor than anything I've known/seen. Your skill tree isn't anything particularly innovative and it doesn't explain the defense stats that you claim to have.
Your armor nodes total to about 110% more armor, 1100 (molten shell) + 350 (belt) = 1450 base armor. 110% of that is 1600.
1344 evasion + 50% more from nullification nodes + 35% (I assume you have 175 Dex) = 2486
1600 + 2486 = 4086 armor. + 55% more from Determination = 6334 Armor. Please enlighten me on how do you get 15k armor before granite.
Until you post a video showing your armor, I'll assume you lie about it. Once I've seen it with my own eyes, I will apologize.
Standard IGN: WTFNamesAllTaken.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
Last edited by Bumblebutt on Jun 25, 2013, 6:41:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info