How To Dunk Like Jordan! (Physical CI Melee for Dummies!)(Ridiculous Survivability and Damage)

"
PRlDE wrote:
Just stick around and I'm sure we'll be theory crafting this build again. I've switched to a leap slam/flicker strike build. (12k leap/17k flicker)

The nerfs really shouldn't effect us, rather only make us greater.

Passives and equip please ? Or are passives the same as the OP's ?

"
Midnightgem wrote:
EDIT:
Also, that witch build looks solid at first glance, except takeout the nodes (starting with the life ones) in the templar starting area, and use those to pick up Inner Force, as it is quite strong still, and provides a lot of life leech, armor, and other stats.

Yeah I'll twink it a bit.I think I'm not going to take the outer AR/ES cluster and going to take the second EV/ES cluster at the shadow area to get mind drinker and that frenzy charge also and probably going to take on of the two charges at the duelist tree.Probably the frenzy charge there and the Endurance at the templararea.Don't know.I'm still 48 level and just turned to melee and RT.

P.S. Witch looks awesome waving a two handed maul !
To crit or not to crit ?
Last edited by Slagmaur on Jun 11, 2013, 10:13:30 AM
BRO BUMP
IGN:Littlehank // PM me if I am offline
"
Slagmaur wrote:
"
PRlDE wrote:
Just stick around and I'm sure we'll be theory crafting this build again. I've switched to a leap slam/flicker strike build. (12k leap/17k flicker)

The nerfs really shouldn't effect us, rather only make us greater.

Passives and equip please ? Or are passives the same as the OP's ?

"
Midnightgem wrote:
EDIT:
Also, that witch build looks solid at first glance, except takeout the nodes (starting with the life ones) in the templar starting area, and use those to pick up Inner Force, as it is quite strong still, and provides a lot of life leech, armor, and other stats.

Yeah I'll twink it a bit.I think I'm not going to take the outer AR/ES cluster and going to take the second EV/ES cluster at the shadow area to get mind drinker and that frenzy charge also and probably going to take on of the two charges at the duelist tree.Probably the frenzy charge there and the Endurance at the templararea.Don't know.I'm still 48 level and just turned to melee and RT.

P.S. Witch looks awesome waving a two handed maul !

I am going for Mind Drinker at the moment ;D and afterwards the charge and Nullification nodes. But currently more focused on Anarachy sadly :/
Ign: TheMidgetCow (Level 88.8 CI Leapslam Templar --- Default)
TheMidgetCowAmbush (Level 91.7 Buzzsaw Ranger --- Ambush)
TheMidgetCowBurns (Level X LowLife RF Scion --- Ambush)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348309/page/1 --- Legacy Guide to CI Leapslam Templar
Your gears are pure ES, how do you get 67k armor?
Standard IGN: WTFNamesAllTaken.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
Iron Reflexes + Grace + Determination and 3-4 granite flasks means he can have
that kind of armor every time.Oh and molten shell.

I have a 59 lvl ES armor but I don't know how many chromatics I'll have to spend
to get 3 red sockets.I got 2R3B but that won't do for a 5L Leap Slam.
I also played a little with my witch yesterday I'm now 50 and changed to CI 'cause I
couldn't wait (I love standard league).

The build is powerful from now actually.If you play as you should everything goes smoothly.
BR and with one Leap Slam mobs die.I saw in your first post you haven't linked to Leap Slam
Faster Attacks.I was changing skill gems and support gems with heavy strike and without
FA Leap Slam is way too slow,but as soon as my damage goes up more I don't think that'll be
a problem right ?

I also tried Flicker Strike + Melee Physical + Melee On Full Life = Pure Awesomeness !
But awful to play also.Wow that desync!
To crit or not to crit ?
Last edited by Slagmaur on Jun 15, 2013, 9:54:27 AM
"
Slagmaur wrote:
Iron Reflexes + Grace + Determination and 3-4 granite flasks means he can have
that kind of armor every time.Oh and molten shell.

I have a 59 lvl ES armor but I don't know how many chromatics I'll have to spend
to get 3 red sockets.I got 2R3B but that won't do for a 5L Leap Slam.
I also played a little with my witch yesterday I'm now 50 and changed to CI 'cause I
couldn't wait (I love standard league).

The build is powerful from now actually.If you play as you should everything goes smoothly.
BR and with one Leap Slam mobs die.I saw in your first post you haven't linked to Leap Slam
Faster Attacks.I was changing skill gems and support gems with heavy strike and without
FA Leap Slam is way too slow,but as soon as my damage goes up more I don't think that'll be
a problem right ?

I also tried Flicker Strike + Melee Physical + Melee On Full Life = Pure Awesomeness !
But awful to play also.Wow that desync!

Exactly right on the armor point, its pretty awesome... although post patch its more like 50k armor, I need to update this still... finals are done this Friday and than I am free to spend time on games ^_^

Furthermore, on a 5L I think the best option may be to drop Increased Area and get RRRGB, but that is extremely hard on a pure ES. ATM I am trying to get a good hybrid to swap to, but not many exist :/

Rolling RRRBB is about 150 chromes I think. Not too terribly bad, considering it took me 237 for my brand new upgrade:

Spoiler

:)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348309/page/1 --- Legacy Guide to CI Leapslam Templar
Nice one !
Good luck completing your gear.
To crit or not to crit ?
"
Slagmaur wrote:
Nice one !
Good luck completing your gear.

The gear is complete with the 'Strides, but I am looking for a super cheap Marohi to 4L and try it out, if it is better than current then I will get a nice 1k+ ES chest, and then some sort of dual leech ias gloves...
I am trying this build. Having a hard time of it. Found a half decent Maul, but you said the rest can be shit gear. Well, I am trying to get ES up, but can not get any elemental resists. Dead all the time against elem damage. Pretty strong as all shit against physical damage.
The Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMFWwx9Dq0PVBB_FE0VIBjbGekc3B0UJIso-imlKjgqTSsKLL8s6T8nQT9Bh0NjQ5xEckZxRwZN2FHmWPVZ81uvX2pmnm6qcU1yqXTxerh8u3zZf8aBb4LHhMSKdIx2j0aP-pMnlSCaz53EnjyeuacIqWisqq6TtAy0L7TFtzG4k8AawQDBxcLsw23Gntvn3Q3eweSt6-7sGPrS

My Shit Gear

Suggestions on build appreciated.
"
Culblade wrote:
I am trying this build. Having a hard time of it. Found a half decent Maul, but you said the rest can be shit gear. Well, I am trying to get ES up, but can not get any elemental resists. Dead all the time against elem damage. Pretty strong as all shit against physical damage.
The Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMFWwx9Dq0PVBB_FE0VIBjbGekc3B0UJIso-imlKjgqTSsKLL8s6T8nQT9Bh0NjQ5xEckZxRwZN2FHmWPVZ81uvX2pmnm6qcU1yqXTxerh8u3zZf8aBb4LHhMSKdIx2j0aP-pMnlSCaz53EnjyeuacIqWisqq6TtAy0L7TFtzG4k8AawQDBxcLsw23Gntvn3Q3eweSt6-7sGPrS

My Shit Gear

Suggestions on build appreciated.

First of all your tree looks as it should although you could spent some points to take the
'tumor' after CI which is a great boost to your ES and maybe go to Unwavering Stance
and then get some more AR/ES nodes ?

As for your problems with elemental damage you have horrible resists on your gear mate.
You can get double resists and triple at rings pretty easily.

To crit or not to crit ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info