How To Dunk Like Jordan! (Physical CI Melee for Dummies!)(Ridiculous Survivability and Damage)

Changes incoming tomorrow.
Ign: TheMidgetCow (Level 88.8 CI Leapslam Templar --- Default)
TheMidgetCowAmbush (Level 91.7 Buzzsaw Ranger --- Ambush)
TheMidgetCowBurns (Level X LowLife RF Scion --- Ambush)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348309/page/1 --- Legacy Guide to CI Leapslam Templar
u dont have a single piece of ev or arm to begin conversion
so all ur %%% armor is comming from what?flask alone?
Question.

I am on the last lap of this build, finishing up soon.

but my mana will be far too low to run 4 auras. I have around 570 mana at level 71.
Should I just look for rings and things with mana? I find getting to 800ish mana will be difficult without sacrificing something, but I want the 4 auras. I'm not sure where else to look for mana though.
Hi!

a few questions about passive tree when leveling..

after resolute technique, should i instantly go for vaal pact, unwavering stance and iron reflexes or should i take the armor nodes on the top left 1st? then should i level ci instantly or level until i can take ghost reaver and ci together? whats your preferred way?
"
Smurf wrote:
Question.

I am on the last lap of this build, finishing up soon.

but my mana will be far too low to run 4 auras. I have around 570 mana at level 71.
Should I just look for rings and things with mana? I find getting to 800ish mana will be difficult without sacrificing something, but I want the 4 auras. I'm not sure where else to look for mana though.

I have a witch right now at 61 playing my own version of this build and I took 40 mana
as the bandit's quest at normal.My mana is now nearly 700.I really don't know why people
don't get this reward when going CI.I took the skill point in cruel because my witch
was a caster then but still I oneshot white packs and she was my first char to clear act1
side areas at the same level without a problem.Pretty fun doing fetid pool at 58 with granites
and crushing those rhoas.

I have to agree though with someone who said that after a while Leap slam tends to desync.
I haven't had any problems until now and it's a pretty fun build but I don't know if I'll
stick to Leap Slam for AoE or use Sweep or Ground Slam.I'm leveling all of them in my swap
weapons.Heavy strike + FA and the two melee gems and the same for the AoE destroy everything.
I had some good map drops so my two best items are these :

and my rest is pretty mediocre.

I'd suggest this build to everyone who wants to try it.If you switch to CI when you should
you won't have any problems.I switched at 48 'cause I couldn't wait.
No problems with shocking until now although the duration is 6! seconds,but man that freeze
is completely annoying even with 75 cold resist.I'll have to gear up for that.

Edit : Just bought my Carnage Heart.You even don't need blood rage with this awesome amulet!
To crit or not to crit ?
Last edited by Slagmaur on Jun 29, 2013, 11:31:48 AM
Do you think that this build could be viable without the Carnage Heart? (I'm thinking Onslaught)
IGN: DeadLoss
Armor comes from Grace/Determination/Molten Shell/Belt/Flask.

Look for Mana on Rings and Gear.

This build is viable without a Carnage Heart, but I would not recommend it for Onslaught. Although it is viable in Hardcore, in Onslaught, with the increased mob speed, you are more prone to desync then in any other league currently available, and in maps with the "Fleet" mod, it is very easy to desync and die.

As per the usual for rsponding to leveling commnents, that part of the guide is a WIP, but I believe Vaal Pact is best saved for last, after CI, and that Unwavering Stance and Iron Reflexes are the most important to get as soon as possible.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348309/page/1 --- Legacy Guide to CI Leapslam Templar
Looking for feedback! Finally came out with the leveling guide and many other changes for visibility/readability, and many other awesome additions!
wish i would have read this before i started hah.

I would like to see a bit more detail about single target / boss / soloing. I get the impression this is basicly for farming huge groups of mobs?
Heavy Strike + Faster Attacks + the 2 melee physical damage support gems.
I have done all of act3 merciless at level 61 and now I'm farming docks to get to
66-67 to go to lunaris.Bosses are easy.Since you deal a crapload of physical damage
you mostly cancel their attack/spell.
To crit or not to crit ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info