Regal Orb Petition

Regal and Exalted, these extra rare currencies that can roll +12 accuracy... I'd take chaos orbs any day thank you !

/signed
lol.. I thought this petition would be changing regal orb recipe or something. The reason the value is dropping is because some people have 40+ stash tabs so its not hard to match rares for regals. I seriously think the alchemy/regal recipes need to be reconsidered before open beta. Right now they are pretty pay 2 win for stash tabs. I doubt any person who has not bought stash tabs has ever even made a match for an alchemy orb.

About regal orb itself needing buffs dunno.. but if they were buffed then even more so the recipe needs to be changed.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Regal matches are made by matching with friends. I have 67 pages, and I promise you, even only collecting certain items I rarely get any matches unless I match with someone else.
"
Powster wrote:
lol.. I thought this petition would be changing regal orb recipe or something. The reason the value is dropping is because some people have 40+ stash tabs so its not hard to match rares for regals. I seriously think the alchemy/regal recipes need to be reconsidered before open beta. Right now they are pretty pay 2 win for stash tabs. I doubt any person who has not bought stash tabs has ever even made a match for an alchemy orb.

About regal orb itself needing buffs dunno.. but if they were buffed then even more so the recipe needs to be changed.

I made tons of regals before we were even able to buy extra stash pages.
This was before the regal recipe "nerf" though, when they added tons and tons of extra rare names :P
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
I think there are three things being talked about here, and they are quite different.

The first is the issue of why the value of regals has fallen, and as people have said, it's not due to their lack of usefulness, it's because the market has been flooded with recipe makers. I've now stopped making regals because alchs are easier to trade and quicker to make.

The second thing being discussed is changing basic mechanics to make regals more useful, with the notion that somehow if they are more useful, they will become more valuable. That doesn't work for a couple of reasons. For one thing, there is infinite supply, so the value is inherently limited regardless of how useful it is. The second thing is to actually consider for a moment how much these suggestions of making a regal "more like an alch but for magic items" would change the entire way that item crafting is done. Everyone would just get the best base item possible, transmute it, alt until perfect mods and roll, then regal. If you don't get good mods, you just do it again and again, as the base ingredients are so cheap and plentiful. As it is now, there is a trade off; you have to decide between a regal, which means more control over your mods, but spending more on exalting it later, or trying your luck with mass alchs.

The third issue that's been raised is whether these recipies are turning extra stash tabs into a pay to win mechanic. I'm going to be very blunt here: I assumed that combination of recipies and extra stash were an intended pay to win mechanic before I read all the stuff about "ethical micro-transactions". If it's not intentional, then yeah, it's an issue, I have 80 pages of stash and get about 30 alchs a day from it. However, I think GGG would face a bit of a backlash if they tried to do anything about it at this point. People have already paid for their stash tabs, so if mechanics were changed to reduce their usefulness (and value) then the people who paid hundreds of dollars for extra tabs would be rightfully unhappy about it.

Sorry for wall of text.
I'd like regal to add two mods sometimes, I've yet to make a good item with regal;)

About the recipes and stash tabs, well, it is quite OK imo, all they need to do is to change FAQ a bit and we are set. Just delete the bold part, people could be confused, and people who like to get gameplay benefits for their donation could be turned away.

"
7. I still don't understand how it's free to play - what's the catch?
There is no catch at all, once you download the client you are free to play for as long as you like, with no charge. The purchasable perks do not convey any gameplay benefit, but help you create a unique look for your character and its fighting style.
✠ ✠
I made these two items with Regals a couple of weeks before the wipe. I used to think Regals were worthless, they're not. They don't need buffed, they're fine just as they are. Also the value for them has risen back up since the names recipe got nerfed, if people are willing to sell them at the 2:1 alchs:regals like they were prior to the name recipe nerf, I'll be happy to buy a ton.

Unavailable

Unavailable
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Nov 4, 2012, 10:54:30 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
hzflank wrote:
I agree with the OP.

Although I would prefer for a regal to add a random number of mods. Perhaps:

1: 55%
2: 35%
3: 8%
4: 2%

this
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
TehHammer wrote:
I made these two items with Regals a couple of weeks before the wipe. I used to think Regals were worthless, they're not. They don't need buffed, they're fine just as they are. Also the value for them has risen back up since the names recipe got nerfed, if people are willing to sell them at the 2:1 alchs:regals like they were prior to the name recipe nerf, I'll be happy to buy a ton.

Unavailable

Unavailable

no
you made those with regals and 3 exalts each

(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Regal orbs are super duper awesome... if you are crafting an ES piece of armour and pretty much useless otherwise. Roll a piece to have +ES and +resist with alterations and then regal until it rolls +% increased ES. If the mods are high enough you have an awesome item with only 3 mods - congratulations. With 3 exalted it can become even more powerful, if just one of them rolls +resist or +mana/int the item goes into godly category. This is pretty much known to all players who are into crafting. As you can see everywhere people show off their crafted gear it happens to be ES armour, even a few post above me.

The reason you can't duplicate the same level of success with other armours is because you need +life to make them useful, but all +armor + % increased armor and +life mods are prefixes, which makes it impossible to roll a good item with only alt+regal method. Same for evasion.

This means you have to take a huge gamble with your exalted orbs. I'm not saying it is impossible to craft other gear, it will just take x times the number of materials it will take you to make ES stuff.

And weapons of any kind are just a hopeless cause, way too many possible combinations. If you craft a decent weapon you might as well have won the lottery.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info