Regal Orb Petition

"
Sickness wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

The second thing being discussed is changing basic mechanics to make regals more useful, with the notion that somehow if they are more useful, they will become more valuable. That doesn't work for a couple of reasons. For one thing, there is infinite supply, so the value is inherently limited regardless of how useful it is.

Infinite supply? huh? Would rather say that the supply is inelastic, so if they become better the demand will increase and the price will go up steeply.

There are quite a lot of players with more than enough stash tabs to be making a dozen regals a day or more. For me, the only reason not to is that alchs seem to be easier to trade for things I want - no one wants to trade for regals at the moment. If that changes, I and all the other people that make dozens of alchs a day will just switch to regals instead. Orbs that can't easily be obtained from a vendor are inelastic in terms of supply, but those that can be easily obtained through simple recipes certainly aren't.
Why are you posting comments without reading?

I never said crafting was easy - this was never my point. My second comment is an obvious exaggeration in response to slurms' snarky comment about "people acting like" and telling me to go roll chaos orbs... that doesn't have anything to do with what I was saying in the first place. Take your damn elitism somewhere else if you want to have a normal discussion with me.

Again super calmly and slowly so that even the dumbest person here understands my point:

Crafting ES gear using the alt + regal method is generally easier than crafting the other types of armours, because of the way affixes are distributed. Look at that circlet - 147% increased ES, +146 base ES, and 30% fire res. It is already an awesome piece of gear for an ES user even before the 3 exalts. This may and will take you thousands alts + hundred regals, but it is achievable. But if I get the same mods with an evasion piece it wouldn't be as good because I have no life on it. And further more +life is a prefix so there is only one slot for it to roll with an exalt. If it gets filled with something else the whole item is ruined and has to be rerolled. The main difference is that you have to gamble on your exalt roll and if it fails it adds additional cycles of alt+regals, increasing on average the materials needed.

This is not like my opinion - it's an obvious fact and everyone here knows it. It is the simple result of the ES mechanic where the armour value is actually your hit points pool.

In an ideal world all types of gear would take on average an equal amount of crafting material. Clearly that is not the case, yet.

The thread is about the regal orb, it's effectiveness and it's place in crafting, don't talk about random stuff like how easy/hard is to obtain alts or rolling chaos orbs or fusing or whatever random stuff floats in your head.

This was never a cry against ES users or nerfing regal recipes, I play all classes with all types of armour, there is no bias in my comments even if you think there is. But for some reason "slurms and pals" decided to jump on me as if I am insulting their entire way of life. I am done here. Too much energy wasted conveying a simple and obvious point.
And I agree with you. I've told people in chat not to craft items that need + life. I've told them to use chaos orbs. It makes absolutely no sense to use an exalt.

Personally, I think chaos orbs are.over priced because of how easy they are to make 2 with the chaos recipe. I can make more chaos per day than regals.

To the other poster, you cannot make dozens of regals per day by yourself. You MUST trade match rares with other people. You would need somewhere of around 125 pages to make dozens per day. 125 at a bare minimum.
"
bingobill wrote:
"
TehHammer wrote:
I made these two items with Regals a couple of weeks before the wipe. I used to think Regals were worthless, they're not. They don't need buffed, they're fine just as they are. Also the value for them has risen back up since the names recipe got nerfed, if people are willing to sell them at the 2:1 alchs:regals like they were prior to the name recipe nerf, I'll be happy to buy a ton.

Unavailable

Unavailable

uber top 5 richest player trolls again.......

super level that you got the reflect 1 phys

easiest way to solve regals....remove recipe. only issue is it's a nice little money-spinner so it goes both ways, current adaption just encourages more stashtab use.
I'm nowhere close to top 5 richest. Not in current default league (ok, I have a mirror because of a lucky drop, nothing else that even begins to make me rich) and certainly not in the previous league. I had help crafting that chest, that's the only reason it got 6L. The mods on the chest I got super lucky with. A handful of trans, a couple dozen alterations, a few scourings, a few Regals, and of course the 3 Exalteds. Polished it off with a handful of Divines.

The Helm was even luckier. Only had 2 Regals when I started crafting it. I didn't need more than 2.

You'll also notice the 2nd post in the thread was by me, agreeing to the petition. I have since learned the mechanics of the game and when it's a good time to go the trans->alt->regal->exalted route, and when it isn't.

"
Xtrem wrote:
no
you made those with regals and 3 exalts each

The important bits I made with Regals. Exalts were the icing on the cake. I gained the lowest ES mod (ES/stun hybrid) on the chest with the 3rd exalted, but by then the chest was already worth exalting.

I also didn't drop 3 exalteds on either of those items all at once, I had to play and get a few lucky drops to get them, although I think I traded 6 gcp for one of the exalteds, I couldn't trade any more gcp for exalteds because with my vast richness (/sarcasm) I didn't have any more gcp.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Nov 5, 2012, 9:31:25 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
@TehHammer
I think the most important part was made with alts. Regal was just one lucky roll, just as the exalts were. So using your words, the regals were just icing on the cake :)
✠ ✠
Incorrect. You need both ES mods. The regal is the make or break roll.
Well true, it depends what mods you are rolling for. What I mean is that you burn few stacks of alts before you even consider doing the regal. And then scour and again, he he. Or alt f4 like me :)

Also I thought it was the point of this thread, that regal is the 'make or break' roll. So rare yet so often so bad?
✠ ✠
Last edited by wiggin on Nov 5, 2012, 10:38:42 AM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Incorrect. You need both ES mods. The regal is the make or break roll.
This is the truth. Alts might take 100 rolls, who cares, they're cheap. Regals are make or break, if it fails, you scour and start over. If it succeeds, you Exalt.
"
wiggin wrote:
Well true, it depends what mods you are rolling for. What I mean is that you burn few stacks of alts before you even consider doing the regal. And then scour and again, he he. Or alt f4 like me :)

Also I thought it was the point of this thread, that regal is the 'make or break' roll. So rare yet so often so bad?
They're make or break so they have to often be bad (not to mention fairly expensive) or they'll really, really quickly become OP. I worked with someone this patch to get another top 2 ES mods on a Vaal Regalia, took about 20 Regals, still pretty cheap (although that was pretty quick, as well, usually will take more rolls than that). Working with at least one more person makes things much easier, of course when there's already a mirror in the mix, it's not hard to get someone to work together with you (or in my case, motivate me to work with someone else).
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Nov 5, 2012, 11:27:40 AM
I too think that regals and exalts should trade value.

If exalts are relatively cheap, you could try to get the 3 aditional stats before scouring, it would incentivise you to wait for the last moment before giving up on it and scouring it.
this way a regal orb would allow you to have one round of "crafting" even if your not that rich, making crafting more accessible for everyone.

I just found my first exalted orb, there is no way I'm ever going to use it myself
1 random mod on a item is not worth 6gcp's for the large majority of the playerbase.
1 regal would mean access to crafting an item whit 4 additional mods (1 by regal and 3 by cheap exalts)
Also outside of crafting, if i find a great but not godly 3/4/5 mod rare from a mob i would consider exalting it.

Also i completely agree whit drakar8888, there is no reason es armor should be easier to craft then other defenses
I understand its because they need less mods, but the arrangement of prefixes and suffixes should be changed to bring it on the same level as the others.
but I am probably gonna get flamed for suggesting a nerf... >.>
Last edited by dragonbite on Nov 5, 2012, 5:40:44 PM
There would never be triple resists with life. That's why I would assume.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info