Regal Orb Petition

I always thought they were worth something because i thought it would make it a basic rare but include my two mods, so on par with alch or chaos an item. But it is drastically under par compared to what you get with the others.

I have a huge stash to get regals, but knowing what i know now i am going to sell it all off for alchs, now i wish i didn't buy so many tabs. I can get something like 55 alchs just for selling my pairs.

edit: i'm going to add one more thing, they need to add at least 2 more stats, but i think it should be random between 2-4, so a total of 4-6 is what happens. You can make it more fancy whatever, but what i stated would keep them up on a high value like htey should be.
Last edited by SEOINAGE on Jun 4, 2012, 1:23:35 PM
Subscribe to the random number of mods added (1 to 4), with very low chance for +3 or +4.

I was fairly disappointed on the effect when I put that regal in, + in already tens (maybe even 100+ hours) of playing I got only ONE drop.

Rare drop orb + Pathetic effect = Fail

Thanks !
Never give up, never surrender !
"
wavetrex wrote:
Subscribe to the random number of mods added (1 to 4), with very low chance for +3 or +4.

I was fairly disappointed on the effect when I put that regal in, + in already tens (maybe even 100+ hours) of playing I got only ONE drop.

Rare drop orb + Pathetic effect = Fail

Thanks !

Imo it should never be 1, thats adding 1 effect to a magic item and should be a less valuable orb if you even want that in game. Definitely needs at least 2 extra, why i suggested 2-4, and completely random, no weighted rolls.
I support this.
"It feels like holding my breath under water constantly." Me about the limited "life expectancy" of the inventory space on Path of Exile and frequent needs to go to town to unload.
I fully support this.

I thought Regals would basically "roll" a random rare item for you, but keeping your current magic properties, but to my shock, it only added one more property. I had a level 51 2h mace which I spent probably over 50 alterations to get 127% physical damage on (only one properly). My mouth was watering to turn it into a rare, and poof, only one more property (adds 5-8 physical), giving me a two-properly rare. :(

Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Dregos wrote:
I fully support this.

I thought Regals would basically "roll" a random rare item for you, but keeping your current magic properties, but to my shock, it only added one more property. I had a level 51 2h mace which I spent probably over 50 alterations to get 127% physical damage on (only one properly). My mouth was watering to turn it into a rare, and poof, only one more property (adds 5-8 physical), giving me a two-properly rare. :(

Unavailable

Hahaha, yeah i bet that was painful. Gotta augment it first.

Every time i use a regal the property added is ridiculously weak, like 8 int, or 10 dex, or something completely crappy.

At this point all you can do is exalt it, but I would say forget it, and just start collecting base type axes you like and use alch orbs on them. Or if you find a 5 or 6 link axe use chaos orbs.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Regal is the sure way of getting a decent rare with bas emods but then its a happy crap shoot with exalted which you know are super cheap =).

Regal should act a bit more like a alchemy orb and be made closer to a divine in rareness.
I would like to see this discussion revived. Regals should be made a bit more rare and roll 1 more mod. My concern isn't with the regal itself relative to value, but more being forced to use an exalt for one more mod relative to value while still having to roll 1 or more good rolls to make a gg item. It would be nice to see a regal move to divinish rarity (& change the vendor recipe to 4 item matches?) in light of practical use of each orb type. My 2 cents. Thank you.
IGN: TRICKSS
Last edited by TRICKS on Nov 4, 2012, 5:15:32 PM
I'm 100% behind adding 1-4 extra affixes.

The trouble is, by end-game you may have an item with 6 affixes and say 5L 6S. Say you want an upgrade. Not wanting to be without your current piece means you need a new one to work on. Leaving sockets and links aside, the new item has the option of chaos rolls, or alt > regal > exalt. The real issue is how utterly worthless certain rolls can be for your new item and wasting an affix. You can easily burn hundreds of alts, regal a useful stat, then waste an affix with an exalted orb only to wipe it clean with a scouring and start over. When you consider that this could need to be done upwards of 4 times for armor pieces, 2 times for main hand and off-hand, and 3 times for ring and amulet slots, there's such an utterly insane amount of cost involved that the mere prospect of trying becomes a depressing thought. Nevermind how disappointingly slow and long the process is when wanting even a single upgrade.

At least if one facet of this process were boosted (extra affixes from regal), a minor portion of the costs would be curbed making the prospects of upgrades a slight bit more appealing. Otherwise, such a daunting task can be so overwhelming from the out-set that even making attempts would turn many players away.

Just my $.02.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Why does it need to be valuable?

Crafting perfect gear is not expensive because of the regal orb value.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info