Regal Orb Petition

I've noticed this Default ladder the Regal face value is declining quite a bit; some don't understand how they work, others just don't feel they work well enough to place any value on them. In the past they were near the Gem Cutters Prism in value, now they are hard to exchange for more than a Chaos Orb. They are nice as they stand but I wanted to make a petition to get the extra stat added bumped to 2 instead of 1 addition stat to a magical item. Currently most magical items have 2 stats a prefix and a suffix then once regaled gain a 3rd out of 6 possible if you use Exalted Orbs on them. I feel granting 4/6 possible stats on a rare wouldn't be too over powered and it would make regaling and rolling items with Alterations more appealing. If I'm alone in this thought, let the thread die out; if you agree with the idea sign it and keep it going. Thanks!

The change would frustrate people who have Regaled there gear currently so to avoid drama I would suggest the change come at a migration period.
Default League: Sicaron - Shadow
I made this suggestion to a mod in the in game chat, he said he'd look into it, but feared with the cheap cost of alterations/transmutations that a 2 mod regal would be OP. I personally think it would give a regal value again and it's exactly what they should do, but they might need to make it harder to get alterations (lessen the alteration shard rewards, lower drop rates, etc.) to balance the buff to regal.

/signed
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
I have kind of thought for a long time that regal and exalted rarities should be swapped. I'm not sure how it is right now but it used to be that regal was more common than exalted, which meant you almost always had more regals than you had items worth using them on (once you had been playing for a while).
Both orbs add a single mod to an item, but there are more opportunities to use an exalted - especially considering 3 mod rare made with regals.
Last edited by Malice on Jun 3, 2012, 3:18:00 AM
I approve this message. /Signed

I agree with the OP.

Although I would prefer for a regal to add a random number of mods. Perhaps:

1: 55%
2: 35%
3: 8%
4: 2%
"
hzflank wrote:
I agree with the OP.

I like this.
IGN : Jovial
That also would be a cool idea.

I agree with yhatefull that regals might have an amount of mods added that vary.

even with just 1 or 2 mods added.
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

Hardcore to the bone.
"
hzflank wrote:
I agree with the OP.

+1

While I'm not sure I totally agree with the numbers (they should be lower at the top-end), the principle is golden.
Make Elite IV:Dangerous happen!
Pledge your backing at KICKSTARTER!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous
The devs don't need to change anything, they've already made their decision.

The drop in the value of regals is because people are getting wise to the "rares of the same name" recipe and they're flooding the market.

Likewise, there's nothing wrong with the value dropping. Just because it was X in the past doesn't mean it must be X. As an example, a divine is a rarer drop than an exalted, but since you'd only use 0-1 divines on a crafted items and anywhere from 3+ exalted, they latter are much more valuable despite being more common (demand up more than supply up).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info