Path of Exile 2 - Gamescom Druid Gameplay Walkthrough

I’m typically not a fan of shapeshifting skills; aside from generally finding them just thematically uninteresting, they’re usually particularly clunky implementations. So I’ve been glad to see D4 and now POE2 handle things in this more dynamic way with switching happening automatically, and POE2 taking that further with the auto-switching of passives and reserved buffs.

I do wish they would make a point of taking the Druid in a slightly different direction. Bears, wolves, lightning, tornado, yes yes; now how is the Wraeclast interpretation of a “Druid” different to the Sanctuary or Forgotten Realms interpretations?

Anyway, it is looking really well done, even if the combo setup stuff here isn’t selling itself very effectively. And I’m glad it’s not an absurd looking “werebear”!
Last edited by GusTheCrocodile on Aug 26, 2023, 1:28:57 AM
"
DaggerBarb wrote:
"
i DO NOT WANT to use 300 different skills each pack
i DO NOT WANT to do a MMO skill rotation on a ARPG game

game looks fabulous but yeah, forcing players to combo skills IS NOT the way to go

Don't worry, there's always D4 for you.
Same shit that's why he"s not playing D4, but the solution is simplier just use either melee bear or spell casting druid not both. Aside from that , it would be good if Johnathan instead of showcasing tackle the things the community want like the place of the Health /Mana sphere or the buff & debuff place + the rest , in advance thank you .
"
blindwar wrote:

game looks fabulous but yeah, forcing players to combo skills IS NOT the way to go

Couldn't have said it better myself!

While the look is amazing it looks sooooooo slow you can hardly call it an ARPG. I guess it will find its playerbase but I'm not one of them.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I don’t understand more and more what POE2 wants to do. It needs both soul and treasure
"
DaggerBarb wrote:
"

Don't worry, there's always D4 for you.

Naaah, there's always poe 1 for us. D4 is more like poe 2.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
p o e t w o l e t s g o
looks like d4,and d4 is bad...

STUPID BEAST
I don't think the comparison is fair! In its wettest dreams, D4 is no POE1 and in reality it can't keep up with POE1 and it doesn't look like it can keep up with POE 2.

For this Blizzard has simply played around too much with copy & paste and put little value on content (or on anything else you hoped from a game that was advertised "With D4 we go back to the roots and get closer to D2 again" - in the end it's just a worse "Sacred" copy with better optics).
"
blindwar wrote:
"
Grimstarz wrote:
"
blindwar wrote:

Which is why they are keeping the original Poe as a seperate game. Poe 2 seems to not be a 1 skill kill all fast paced game like the current poe, which is great in my opinion.

you are a standard player, i really dont think your thoughts reflects what poe comunity wants or likes.

Not sure why you think what league someone plays in dictates what their opinion is worth?

As you said YOU DON'T WANT doesn't mean that there are plenty of people who DO WANT this.

You are entitled to your opinion of course, but when someone is literally offering you a very valid reasoning that the playstyle you enjoy is still being offered there is zero reason to give a toxic reply that suggests their opinion is meaningless.

Now I would suggest maybe restraining your hyperbolic shouting opinions and try to bring a more constructive argument here in future. Remember you can always cancel ragey bear mode by rolling.
Return to this flameless sunder
Where exiles burn and the joyless wander;
Frozen lore beneath chaotic thunder,
Dominus returns to send us under.
"
ckay27 wrote:
"
blindwar wrote:

you are a standard player, i really dont think your thoughts reflects what poe comunity wants or likes.

Not sure why you think what league someone plays in dictates what their opinion is worth?

As you said YOU DON'T WANT doesn't mean that there are plenty of people who DO WANT this.

You are entitled to your opinion of course, but when someone is literally offering you a very valid reasoning that the playstyle you enjoy is still being offered there is zero reason to give a toxic reply that suggests their opinion is meaningless.

Now I would suggest maybe restraining your hyperbolic shouting opinions and try to bring a more constructive argument here in future. Remember you can always cancel ragey bear mode by rolling.

oh look its another one of the 300 standard players, respect the hardcore though

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info