Path of Exile 2 - Gamescom Druid Gameplay Walkthrough

wow looks nice

GJ GGG!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
all i need is cool skin ,no matter waht gem you nerf,idc
Will poe 2 also feature random currency devaluing?Should I play this game for 8 years to , so I can have my life savings cut by 80% one day?
leaning hard into those d2/LOD roots/inspirations, eh?
"
JKlupper wrote:
Will poe 2 also feature random currency devaluing?Should I play this game for 8 years to , so I can have my life savings cut by 80% one day?

Yes
Hopefully I'm overreacting, but I'm really wary of how much this sounds built around basically having to autoattack individual things before using a real skill to kill a handful of weak enemies immediately around you. I personally don't mind short cooldowns in addition to PoE's tradition of strong, screen-clearing main skills, but they should be for crunching more troublesome rares while you're still gearing up, not as the only means to do what we do in PoE1 after being forced to use a bland filler attack for several seconds.

What makes PoE fun is engineering a way to absolutely blast through maps/bosses and always having ways to optimize your character further. If I wanted slow gameplay where you have to use a flavorless filler attack 3 out of 4 times, I'd play D4.
"
PoE 2 Will certainly not be a 1-button game. To be honest it seems like its getting into MMO teritory more and more every time it's presented.

I don't play MMOs, so I don't understand this comment. I'd appreciate an explanation.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Personally, I'm scared of the game directions around many weak skills with cooldowns. PoE is one the best game ever because we can run over thousands of trash mobs in a few seconds with the game mechanics we want. The AI is not going to complain about character balancing.

Ow, and... the dodge rolling thing has never been a good idea in any game. You can't have a spammable button on your keyboard to be immortal (or pseudo-immortal) for a few frames. I don't want to spend 35% of my gameplay time looking at a "sniff the ground" animation
"
JKlupper wrote:
I mean I would suggest instead making the choice to not think of numbers in a videogame as "life savings", since that serves no purpose other than making you miserable somewhere down the track.

"
mwoameme wrote:
Ow, and... the dodge rolling thing has never been a good idea in any game. You can't have a spammable button on your keyboard to be immortal (or pseudo-immortal) for a few frames. I don't want to spend 35% of my gameplay time looking at a "sniff the ground" animation
The dodge roll doesn't have invulnerability frames. You could spam it if you just hate being able to use your skills, but I suspect you probably don't.

It looks amasing, but what i would've loved to see was that some of your equipment was reflected on your druidforms too..

I really love druids, but i often end up getting anoyed when i find cool gear and i never really get to see the gear, because i'm almost always in a 'form'..

I know it would be added work, but it doesn't have to be a full body armour, it could be shoulderpads or arm wrists, just something and it would be quite simple in my opinion to add an option that makes it so you can hide the gear or not, for those who would be against it.

I've never really understood why devs havn't tried to add this feature.
Armoured bears can look so freaking cool! xD

You showcase when you go on the boss that the best combo to do is volcano, lightning-storm and then rampage, this combo looks way too strong to miss out on, so i'm afraid that every druid player will play the same.
I really hope you create more abilities that can match that combo.

It looks cool, but i'm personally not too fond of visual clutter combined with vibrant colours, it ends up giving me a headache in the long run O.o

I'm still hyped though! :P
Many regards Me
Last edited by Ferablekeft on Aug 27, 2023, 8:36:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info