3.22 Performance

Had a few weeks break from poe and how is performance even worse now? [Removed by Support]
"
Three9 wrote:
Had a few weeks break from poe and how is performance even worse now? [Removed by Support]

I was gone since week 2 of the league, came back with a clean pc (re installed everything from 0) and somehow the game runs worse than at league launch how is this possible ? its marketing for us to play POE2 as soon as it comes out? why there is radio silence from the Dev team? You'll show a new league/expansion in 8 Days.. I guess if Streamers can play we don't have a problem am I right @Henry_GGG (?
"
GregoryAdams wrote:
Just in case it helps someone: The solution to the problem I was experiencing was to disable the NVIDIA High Definition Audio and the NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) in the Device Manager, and then just use the standard audio jack of my PC instead of the one in my monitor.

How is this not a system-wide way of keeping the CPU from sleep states just for a single program? Those options may be more efficient for your computer, leaving more cycles for application use, but turning them off affects everything you do, now. Assuming the stutter you mentioned is the C-state issue, there are better ways during just PoE to counter it until GGG fixes the problem.

This shows letting the problem fester causes people to look for solutions to it themselves, which could just make things worse.
oh my god, fix game please , 4 months have passed, 20 fps,textures are missing, long loads of 40 seconds on the ssd, or return everything back, in 3.21 everything was fine (it's just sad, it's impossible to play favorite game, we just suffer in it,
maybe you'll fix it in a new league
rolling back to 3.21 will be the best performance update.
There is something seriously wrong with this game right now.

Intel i5 10600k, GTX 1080 TI, NVME M2 SSD, 16GB DDR4

Seems the shader bar is constantly maxed at all times no matter what. Dx11, Dx12, Vulkan.

Resolution and settings don't make any difference. Except the screen mode.

When in full screen, it's noticeable how better it is. But windowed full screen is a mess. Considering many users have awakend I'd say switching video modes is a no go.

Why can't we have the option to compile all shaders at game start? Many do this so it's a one time thing. Do it and forget about it. If the shaders are the problem(I doubt it's only the shaders at this point)

720p low settings PoE jumps from 60 to literally 0 fps while every other game I can throw at my rig is 70% 4K high/ultra smooth 60 fps
Just tried out the Nvidia Audio devices in device manager.

Not sure if it was specifically that or the combination of things I applied but it's much better.

Disabled all audio devices except headphones
Windowed full screen
Dx11
Vsync adaptive
X3 buffering off
Dynamic culling off
Hello,
I don't understand what major thing happened in two hours this afternoon. At 2pm our time I was playing the game perfectly fine as usual. Two hours later I play it again and it's totally frozen even in the basic menu. Both CPU and GPU lag over 500ms. I changed absolutely nothing (computer and game configuration). Can anyone tell me what happened to make the game suddenly unplayable hour after hour?
"
justcraftable wrote:
There is something seriously wrong with this game right now.

Intel i5 10600k, GTX 1080 TI, NVME M2 SSD, 16GB DDR4

Seems the shader bar is constantly maxed at all times no matter what. Dx11, Dx12, Vulkan.

Resolution and settings don't make any difference. Except the screen mode.

When in full screen, it's noticeable how better it is. But windowed full screen is a mess. Considering many users have awakend I'd say switching video modes is a no go.

Why can't we have the option to compile all shaders at game start? Many do this so it's a one time thing. Do it and forget about it. If the shaders are the problem(I doubt it's only the shaders at this point)

720p low settings PoE jumps from 60 to literally 0 fps while every other game I can throw at my rig is 70% 4K high/ultra smooth 60 fps

For some reason the shaders are just waay larger than ever before aswell. It's just shocking how much space the shaders take now, and it never stops growing, not only talking about the poe's own cache, but nvidia's shader cache. PoE alone will fill the cache while 5 other games combined doesn't take half its size. That's a problem
Last edited by eunn123 on Nov 25, 2023, 11:23:44 AM
New league same problem, next league for sure? copium

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info