3.22 Performance

2 leagues that I can't play because the patch they put my fps down from 60 to 10, thanks GGG
Last edited by ashanae on Dec 11, 2023, 5:38:22 AM
100% CPU all time in map during 2 leagues
Thanks GGG for working hard to design MTX instead of fixing this shit
"
Skeet wrote:
Guys don't bash the devs. They do an amazing job.
I had the same thing starting 3.23, micro stutters and crashes. However, I've disabled engine multithreading and use dx11. That seems to have fixed it. Try it out.

Felt really shitty when I couldn't play the game intermittently, starting from I think last league. Combed the forums a bit, after some trial and error, not sure what exactly helps - but I hope it will help you:

Context: In towns and even alone in my hideout, I was getting upwards of 300k ms (and growing) latency when checking stats (F1). If I can join a party with a different region, (e.g. EU) I might be able to play. Otherwise, the game was unplayable.

1. Disable engine multithreading in settings
2. Change from windowed full screen to full screen
3. NVIDIA GeForce experience, turn off the game bar
4. NVIDIA Control Panel, Adjust image settings with preview: Use advanced 3d image settings
5. NVIDIA Control Panel, Manage 3D settings: Global (Restore defaults), Program Settings:
* 1. Select program: POE (both x32 and x64)
* 2. Specify settings: Power Management mode: Prefer maximum performance
6. Windows Defender Exclude PathOfExile process

Good Luck Exiles!

PS: I did not do any c-state changes in bios.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM: 32 GB
Disk: SSD OS & PoE

-- Update : The latency while alone in hideout came back again!

Looks like I have to skip this league until this is resolved >.<
Last edited by simplyink on Dec 12, 2023, 10:02:25 AM
"
simplyink wrote:
"
Skeet wrote:
Guys don't bash the devs. They do an amazing job.
I had the same thing starting 3.23, micro stutters and crashes. However, I've disabled engine multithreading and use dx11. That seems to have fixed it. Try it out.

Felt really shitty when I couldn't play the game intermittently, starting from I think last league. Combed the forums a bit, after some trial and error, not sure what exactly helps - but I hope it will help you:

Context: In towns and even alone in my hideout, I was getting upwards of 300k ms (and growing) latency when checking stats (F1). If I can join a party with a different region, (e.g. EU) I might be able to play. Otherwise, the game was unplayable.

1. Disable engine multithreading in settings
2. Change from windowed full screen to full screen
3. NVIDIA GeForce experience, turn off the game bar
4. NVIDIA Control Panel, Adjust image settings with preview: Use advanced 3d image settings
5. NVIDIA Control Panel, Manage 3D settings: Global (Restore defaults), Program Settings:
* 1. Select program: POE (both x32 and x64)
* 2. Specify settings: Power Management mode: Prefer maximum performance
6. Windows Defender Exclude PathOfExile process

Good Luck Exiles!

PS: I did not do any c-state changes in bios.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM: 32 GB
Disk: SSD OS & PoE

I did not use Full Screen, because you can't use trading tools in Full Screen and besides I'm usually streaming PoE. I can confirm that changing the power settings in Nvidia Control Panel and disabling the game bar of GeForce Experience does improve the performance though.

But the CPU of course still goes up to 100% when loading into a new area, and it seems like it does not load all Shaders once but reloads them every time you switch the zone, plus additionally also while playing it needs to load some shaders (can clearly be seen in the graph), which is why for some players, especially when they run an older hardware will cause massive frame drops and also massive CPU load.

So this did improve my GPU load, but CPU load will not be affected by it (obviously ^^).

EDIT: I did not deactivate Multi-Threading. I tried, but all it does is having the weight on one core instead of it shifting it to multiple cores, but it will still peak out and is not really better. So wont change the high CPU usage when switching zones or when it reloads shaders during gameplay.

I'm running a quite old hardware, but this is definitely an issue of the game, as I can stream any other games with higher specifications with higher settings with no issues. Yet, my stream will lag when playing PoE from time to time when the CPU load reaches 100%. Even if I close anything unnecessary (like Chrome, Discord, etc.) it will still peak out the CPU load.

Mainboard: ASRock Z370 Pro Intel Z370 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX Retail
CPU: Intel Core i7 8700K 6x 3.70GHz So.1151 WOF
CPU Fan: be quiet! Dark Rock 4
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Arbeitsspeicher Kit
GC: 8GB KFA2 GeForce GTX 1070 EX Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 (Retail)
Case: be quiet! Silent Base 800

Also so many people with even better hardware report the same issues. It is a game issue and apparently started with the particle patch back in July/August for Trial of the Ancestors.
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
Last edited by Stone__Cold on Dec 12, 2023, 9:38:27 AM
Chiming in, same issues since last league, Unplayable FPS, 3.21 was completely fine, I was rocking solid 60, now I am at 40 on a good day . It happened with the 3.22 patch and has not been fixed since. No other game is affected.
"
Epsynus wrote:
Chiming in, same issues since last league, Unplayable FPS, 3.21 was completely fine, I was rocking solid 60, now I am at 40 on a good day . It happened with the 3.22 patch and has not been fixed since. No other game is affected.

Hopefully we get an official statement before christmas. Right now I guess it will ruin the festivities for all people who planned christmas in Wraeclast :(
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
fix when?
Just unplayable.. Something was broken with latest updates. 25fps with DX12/Vulkan on 4070Ti. DX11 felt better, but not stable (about 100-120fps and frequent drops to 40 and stutters).
+ In 3.21 optimization was good and now its terrible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info