We are likely never gonna be as powerful as in Crucible.

"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
Full Crucible tree generallly only costs 20-40 Divines to make. It's basically free.

That honestly made me laugh. Only 40 challenge guys can say stuff like that with a straight face.

lol this exactly
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Your whole argument falls apart if you just check how many accounts have Mageblod / Headhunter and other expensive items on poe.ninja. There are likely thousands of people who will indeed spend 20-40 Div on a "single piece"

No it doesn't, and you are doing it again.

Even if there were 2500 accounts with Mageblood or Headhunter, that reflects a fraction of 1% of total players.

Conservatively, given the concurrency record they set, say 750,000 total played Crucible (maybe more)...well you do the math. ITS TINY.

You are just in another plane of existence compared to the vast majority of PoE players. Which is fine, you just need better self-awareness of that fact.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Jul 11, 2023, 12:35:49 PM
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

That's incorrect comparision. Crucible got nothing on how rough synthesising items was.

No it isn't, Synthesizing items just required more farming you wouldn't work out either without data mining and a test group doing all the background work which is my point.

It also would have been about 1000x easier if you could split/imprint synth items which is another giant crutch propping up the entire system.

Sorry but its garbage and we will be more powerful in the future, especially the common pleb.

[Removed by Support] Meanwhile there was literally no way to know that to get explode you needed to put to together items with light radius.

Syntehsising items requried way more effort and making perfect or even close to perfect base was only for 0.01% I didn't made a single base like that. Meanwhile even people way less dedicated than me can do full trees in Crucible.

And yes, Crucible has beasts. Which further undermines your terrible argument.

It's like you didn't read or processed anything we just talked about. We are likely never gonna be as powerful as in Crucible for reasons I mentioned ad nauseum. Specially "common pleb".

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Your whole argument falls apart if you just check how many accounts have Mageblod / Headhunter and other expensive items on poe.ninja. There are likely thousands of people who will indeed spend 20-40 Div on a "single piece"

No it doesn't, and you are doing it again.

Even if there were 2500 accounts with Mageblood or Headhunter, that reflects a fraction of 1% of total players.

Conservatively, given the concurrency record they set, say 750,000 total played Crucible (maybe more)...well you do the math. ITS TINY.

You are just in another plane of existence compared to the vast majority of PoE players. Which is fine, you just need better self-awareness of that fact.

You are now making up numbers. It was 250k players peak in Crucible, not 750k and most of them checked out. There are like 50-80k active players who stick. And, again just look at poe.ninja - there are up to 10s of thousands of people who have have Mageblood, Headhunter, other expensive gear, level 100, etc. etc. People who play PoE are way better and more dedicated than you think.

I am probably more dedicated than "average player", but putting perfect Crucible tree together was in the grasp of significant portion of the community.
Last edited by Whai_GGG on Jul 17, 2023, 1:22:24 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
You are now making up numbers. It was 250k players peak in Crucible, not 750k and most of them checked out. There are like 50-80k active players who stick. And, again just look at poe.ninja - there are up to 10s of thousands of people who have have Mageblood, Headhunter, other expensive gear, level 100, etc. etc. People who play PoE are way better and more dedicated than you think.

I am probably more dedicated than "average player", but putting perfect Crucible tree together was in the grasp of significant portion of the community.

On a methodical side note, there's a massive difference between peak concurrent players and unique players due to timezones and most players not playing all that much.

In MMOs, the unique player count tends to be 20 or more times higher than the concurrent players peak. For PoE the multipliers will be lower, but there's no way it's less than 10, most likely around 15, so that 200k player peak is easily 3 - 4 million unique players.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

[Removed by Support] Meanwhile there was literally no way to know that to get explode you needed to put to together items with light radius.

except it was datamined and extrapolated like everything to do with crucible but with far less players doing it.

The principle is identical, completely nebulous system about putting X with Y to get Z with no additional information provided except good luck. The only difference is we now have players doing stat runs on every single type of content constantly and providing the results so we collectively (the players) fill in the knowledge gap faster and faster.

Like I said the entire thing hinges on specific beast crafts which weren't even available for synthesis.

You think this argument is terrible because you argue from the apex of the pyramid, go look at https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3365460 and check the garbage that is many players best crucible item, they are your standard players.

Harvest/Ritual had absolutely insane power creep compared to crucible which is frankly tiny tomatoes for the masses. [Removed by Support] Imagine legitimately making the argument that being able to dump 100 divs into a pog weapon made you stronger than an item editor for every slot.

This is ignoring that we've been more powerful than crucible already lmao it doesn't even stand up in isolation.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Jul 17, 2023, 7:27:29 AM
Honestly glad I took a break during crucible, I always get bored of playing in one-dimensional leagues like this where the compensation for the lack of content is rampant powercreep.

Give me Sanctum / Heist / Delve league any day of the week, I care much more about having new content than more power lmao.
Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

except it was datamined and extrapolated like everything to do with crucible but with far less players doing it.

The principle is identical, completely nebulous system about putting X with Y to get Z with no additional information provided except good luck. The only difference is we now have players doing stat runs on every single type of content constantly and providing the results so we collectively (the players) fill in the knowledge gap faster and faster.

Like I said the entire thing hinges on specific beast crafts which weren't even available for synthesis.

You think this argument is terrible because you argue from the apex of the pyramid, go look at https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3365460 and check the garbage that is many players best crucible item, they are your standard players.

Harvest/Ritual had absolutely insane power creep compared to crucible which is frankly tiny tomatoes for the masses. [Removed by Support] Imagine legitimately making the argument that being able to dump 100 divs into a pog weapon made you stronger than an item editor for every slot.

This is ignoring that we've been more powerful than crucible already lmao it doesn't even stand up in isolation.

Exactly, you needed to consult 3rd party resource to even know what things does vs just smashing passives together. Crucible is peak intuitive compared to Synthesis. And keep in mind you are talking about "normal players". Normal players are well known for consultiung with 3rd party sites, research, etc. etc. Right?...

"Item editor" argument is just big oof. People who call Harvest item editor are either not being honest or they never used an editor in their life. Even adding something basic like t1 resistance was 1/9 or whatever odds. Nice "item editor". Imaging typing into notepad and when you press backspace it only works 1/9 times.

You mention normal players, but only higher-end more dedicated players even seen such gear. It required third party discord shenanigans and it's terrible experience or intense farming. Most players had normal gear.

Harvest's "power creep" was instead of t2-3 life and res rich people get t1 life and res with every other relevant stat being the same or a bit stronger (level 20 supported by instead of level 18 - wow, what a crazy powercreep, right?...). That's all there is to it. Just more people get to use good (not insane, just good) items. Even if Harvest times were stronger overall it is mainly because of it was different era of PoE - nerfs to support gems, flasks and many skill gems were yet to come.

Not to mention that I am talking about future. Future. I am not sure how facts that game is going into direction opposite of buffs and how OP and out of line Crucible managed to escape you. *shrugs*
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Jul 21, 2023, 10:51:55 AM
"
Zionyaru wrote:
Honestly glad I took a break during crucible, I always get bored of playing in one-dimensional leagues like this where the compensation for the lack of content is rampant powercreep.

Give me Sanctum / Heist / Delve league any day of the week, I care much more about having new content than more power lmao.

Likely worst time to take a break. Crucible was peak PoE when it comes to builds and things will likely go downhill from there.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Jul 21, 2023, 10:28:51 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Full Crucible tree generallly only costs 20-40 Divines to make. It's basically free. It's insane.

bro I could sell my wand for like 200 divs now...
"
Rinzlow wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Full Crucible tree generallly only costs 20-40 Divines to make. It's basically free. It's insane.

bro I could sell my wand for like 200 divs now...

Depends on item, time of the League and whether anyone actually buys them for this much because market pricesa re deceptive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info