We are likely never gonna be as powerful as in Crucible.

You can have Rampage on any build without using subpar uniques or annoying swaps and Rampage is one of the most powerful and fun mechanics in the game.

I put damage-oriented Crucible tree on my favourite build from Sanctum and I gained more than 60% more damage. This is unprecedented. Most builds follow similar pattern and gain unheard ammount of power/QoL/defences for current era of Poe.

And last but not least - unlike Sentinel and other Leagues power creep was generally accessible to any dedicated player and covered most builds. Full Crucible tree generallly only costs 20-40 Divines to make. It's basically free. It's insane.

There might be argument for Kalandra competing with Crucible when it comes to raw power, but it's only if you had absolutely obscene one of a kind items that only few people had. Crucible is unique anomaly. It's not gonna happen again anytime soon. Next League will have hell of a mountain to climb. So borrowed power from next League will most likely be significantly lower.

Not to mention that absolutely broken explode totems and SST builds exist.

As you noticed GGG nerfs baseline power each League (likely in preparation for PoE 2) and unless they want to completely change direction game is going we shouldn't expect any boost to baseline power anytime soon, mostly nerfs and sidegrades. Maybe at some point after PoE 2 or they will slowly build power back, but it's years down the line. Don't forget nerfs to specific skills on top of all things - tripple whammy.

All things considered we are likely not gonna be as powerful as in Crucible anytime soon (if ever). Crucible is the time to experiment with builds, explore new opportunities and just getting back to your favourite builds. Crucible is build paradise. One might even go as far as saying - Crucible is peak PoE when it comes to builds. Well, latest one at least.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Jul 5, 2023, 3:37:02 AM
Last bumped on Jul 24, 2023, 7:10:10 AM
"
Full Crucible tree generallly only costs 20-40 Divines to make. It's basically free.

That honestly made me laugh. Only 40 challenge guys can say stuff like that with a straight face.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
Full Crucible tree generallly only costs 20-40 Divines to make. It's basically free.

That honestly made me laugh. Only 40 challenge guys can say stuff like that with a straight face.

No fuck that I'll counter a perfect true not shitty crucible weapon is 100-200 divines even more a 20-40 is basically just a start granted that's overkill as it is you're going to already one shot everything regardless of outcome if you know what you're doing most of the time.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
harvest league or 3.13 quasi-legacy gear DIY still the best to me

Crucible mods has good mods. But you still have to play with current subpar crafting to get good explicit
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Last edited by neohongkong on Jul 5, 2023, 6:36:56 AM
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"

They're players too.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"

They're players too.

I dont understand? What does that have to do with anything? Of course they are players? We all are.

The gulf that exists between types of players in PoE, which is highlighted in the post, is absolutely massive. I think its perfectly reasonable for someone to acknowledge how out of touch some more elite players can be compared to everyone else.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

They're players too.

I dont understand? What does that have to do with anything? Of course they are players? We all are.

The gulf that exists between types of players in PoE, which is highlighted in the post, is absolutely massive. I think its perfectly reasonable for someone to acknowledge how out of touch some more elite players can be compared to everyone else.

That's because the guys who are lucky to see two divines in an entire league want to look at these 100 divines is essentially 'free' as the STANDARD player base rather than the top 5%.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

They're players too.

That's because the guys who are lucky to see two divines in an entire league want to look at these 100 divines is essentially 'free' as the STANDARD player base rather than the top 5%.

Yeah, well...

After ten years of playing the game, I still struggle to understand why it's so damn "out of touch" to let dedicated players scale into the moon, when we all know that 99.9% of the game doesn't require that kind of scaling.

Crucible is no different, really: It offers a lot of power for average players if they're willing to learn the mechanic and farm a few hours during the league (4? 5? 6? Months). Does Crucible offer more for dedicated players? Yes. A lot more? Yes. But as we all "know" that Crucible wont go core, I can't see how it's such a big deal in a league here and there.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I didn't say anything about "dedicated" players scaling into the moon though.

I just pointed out that calling 20-40 divs as "bascially free" is both objectively wrong and hilarious. Even calling it cheap would be highly questionable.

Generally i think you are confusing two things here.

Highly invested players scaling to the moon and beyond is perfectly fine, they can wear magebloods on all 10 fingers as far as i am concerned.

But they should have at least enough selfawareness to realize that their level of time investment isn't something everyone, or even most players do. That's what i was pointing to and the inability to do that is what is called being "out of touch".
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Jul 5, 2023, 7:31:28 AM
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"

I am comparising it to how expensive drawing it power from previous Leagues was.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info