why PoE is dying

Just left D4. No trading really, graphics are good, too simple, too few builds, nothing to do but grind once the story is skipped on new characters, and it's tedious to generate and spend for combat...

It's going to make it in the seasonal rotation, but it's not yet a 1000 hour game.

All arpgs have it flaws. I can't wait for poe2.
"
DeathByCactus wrote:
Just left D4. No trading really, graphics are good, too simple, too few builds, nothing to do but grind once the story is skipped on new characters, and it's tedious to generate and spend for combat...

It's going to make it in the seasonal rotation, but it's not yet a 1000 hour game.

All arpgs have it flaws. I can't wait for poe2.

I can't wait to see all the people complaining about "lack of viable builds" come back from D4 after they've discovered that it's going to be far worse over there by very nature of how the game was built.

The game has 5 classes. Each class gets a handful of core skills to pick from. Not all of those core skills will feel good, and the ones that do will require equipping the MANDATORY items that enable them to feel good. It's all about itemization, and D3 had the same exact issue -- D4 made it feel slightly less bad but at it's core, it's fundamentally the same. There's simply far more player CHOICE in POE currently. Full stop.

PoE avoids this issue BECAUSE of the skill gem system. And how there's numerous ways of scaling those skills without needing mandatory affixs on specific gear pieces. And by the way, it is pure, unfiltered, undiluted copium to suggest that PoE only has a "few" viable skills. Almost every single skill gem in this game can be built around. While it's true that a few will eventually rise to the top dependent upon balance adjustments each league, that doesn't make the other skills useless. You don't need a mirror tier 100M+ DPS build to kill ubers. You can clear every bit of content in this game with Heavy Strike if you wanted to, and people have.

Regardless, at the end of the day, PoE vs D4 is apples vs oranges. Both games are trying to cater to a different group of players in my view. D4 is trying to reach a more casual, more broader audience... while PoE is trying to make the ARPG that ARPG veterans and die-hards want to play and spend thousands of hours in. Chess vs Checkers type of deal. Both fundamentally different games with a different approach.
Last edited by KFieLdGaming on Jun 12, 2023, 2:48:30 AM
Spamming only one attack skill to win is boring and many players left poe just because of that. Some ranged attack skills or spells really need adding charge and cooldown for better skill balance.
"
kalashnjkov wrote:
Spamming only one attack skill to win is boring and many players left poe just because of that. Some ranged attack skills or spells really need adding charge and cooldown for better skill balance.

That's why people play a arpg hack&slay to pick one or two skills and just slay monsters. And it's not really different in any other arpg.
If you want a game with cooldowns and stuff there's always the MMORPG genre to feed the need of skill and cooldown diversity.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jun 13, 2023, 1:30:29 AM
"
kalashnjkov wrote:

Is someone holding a gun to your head forcing you to spam one skill?

You as a player have the option to build characters using multiple attack skills.

It is like people who would leave Baldur's Gate because according to them there is only one dual class worth playing: Kensai/Mage. There are a lot of viable classes in this game and it is true that they dont hold a candle against Kensage but that doesn't mean the game doesn't offer complexity, choices and build diversity.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Pashid wrote:

That's why people play a arpg hack&slay to pick one or two skills and just slay monsters. And it's not really different in any other arpg.
If you want a game with cooldowns and stuff there's always the MMORPG genre to feed the need of skill and cooldown diversity.

Adding charge and replenish time cooldown for ranged attack skills wont be bad at all and make sense. Besides that, I'm fine with spamming only one core skill if it's melee attack only with normal weapon reach.

"
Reinhart wrote:

Is someone holding a gun to your head forcing you to spam one skill?

You as a player have the option to build characters using multiple attack skills.

Diablo 2 has limited ammunition for ranged weapon and very limited mana potion slots to deal with one ranged attack skill spamming.
Last edited by kalashnjkov on Jun 13, 2023, 2:01:19 AM
"
Reinhart wrote:

It is like people who would leave Baldur's Gate because according to them there is only one dual class worth playing: Kensai/Mage. There are a lot of viable classes in this game and it is true that they dont hold a candle against Kensage but that doesn't mean the game doesn't offer complexity, choices and build diversity.

Berserker/Mage using Staff of the Ram was objectively better on paper and in practice than Kensai/Mage.

I just think that makes your post even more accurate and funny because the people that thought Kensai/Mage was the only dual class worth playing were always wrong even in terms of raw power, and they generally missed this because they refused to try anything else.
Last edited by methilil on Jun 17, 2023, 7:09:00 AM
"
bobpoexa wrote:
there are many sh!ts like these put me off and hate this game for real, when D4 (comes) out you know what will happen already.

D4 surely did 'kill' poe. For a weekend lol
"
methilil wrote:
"
Reinhart wrote:

Berserker/Mage using Staff of the Ram was objectively better on paper and in practice than Kensai/Mage.

I just think that makes your post even more accurate and funny because the people that thought Kensai/Mage was the only dual class worth playing were always wrong even in terms of raw power, and they generally missed this because they refused to try anything else.

Those are also the people who say palidans and bards are bad. Big oof. Palidans are immune to most cc, and shred wizards like butter.

Bards are slighty worse mage/thiefs that fill several niches and some cool unique abilities.

They read something on an ancient forum and say it's gospel.
Last edited by roundishcap on Jun 18, 2023, 11:57:50 AM
Diablo IV viewership on Twitch has dropped dramatically, which was obviously expected, like with any newly released game, but what I'm waiting for is when PoE 2 releases and Twitch viewership for Diablo IV is sitting at <30k concurrent while PoE 2 has 300k+ - imagine the horror for Diablo IV fanboys. :P

And given the current state of Diablo IV, I'm waiting for the inevitable "this game is a ghost town" on the official forums.
Streaming Path of Exile on Twitch: Twitch.tv/ActionRPGs

“There are only two great tragedies in life: one is not getting what you want and the other is getting it.” ―Oscar Wilde

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info