why PoE is dying

Yes! You've nailed it. Some criticisms are not valid. I singled out one case study where I used words of my own supported by quotes when appropriate.

The game isn't going to be what the malcontents want it to be. It's not going to die like they want it to die. People's posts aren't immune to criticism just because they contain magic, special, extra-valid opinions.
I agree. Criticizing an apple for being an apple is just futile. The sad thing is that some 'forum goers' make up reasons just to be able to criticize, claiming that GGG are advertising the apple to orange eaters. That is of course wrong, and made up just to be able to criticize the apple for being an apple.

Eat your fruits, guys. Five a day.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Well I deem both your opinions and criticisms invalid.

...Am I doing it right now?

Have we really sunk this low on the PoE boards? Invalidating good faith (not obvious trolling) criticism and opinions on a whim, simply on the basis you don't agree with an opposing viewpoint?

For example since it was alluded to. GGG casting a wide net marketing to casuals & new players, while the game isn't designed for casuals and/or has difficult new player onbaording, and consequently problematic, is invalid feedback? Whats "made up"? Seriously what in the actual fuck? Disagree fine, but this... I dont know what this is. That's cultish type behavior.

Its really wild. But I suppose that's how echo chambers come to be. Block and invalidate. Well played I guess. Carry on. I'm sure there will be plenty to invalidate in the coming days.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
:P
I started the hoho movement.

Moderators are absurd.
"
bobpoexa wrote:
Poe Devs have been trying really hard to please players league after league, yet it's a double-edged sword. Sure, the old players get new exciting stuff to do every league, but game mechanics and currencies got exponentially convoluted at this point, there is no way to fix this except to scrap everything and started from tile one.

Skill tree: its a totally cosmetic map just to confuse/show-off, new players would think wow we got such a freedom to choose our skills! no, if you deviate even a single point from a goto build guide you are fked sorry!

With purchase of every tabs GGG throwed out there I can still have many items/currencies that DO NOT belong to any tab?! I mean wtf is this BS? why don't they just adapt to 99.99% of games out there with gold/silver system?

All skills and game mechanics are super confusing to new players, we need to jump throw layers of layers of layers of layers hoops just to understand basically what interact or can't with what. just reading the in-game description is doing jack to help players understand this game.
Exam 1: A node stating this: increase and decrease in minion damage also effects you. Then when I slap in minion damage gem I got nothing?!
Exam 2: RF is a spell I have to cast to activate, how come +spell damage doesn't add anything to it? And how come I do not leech anything from RF when the skill clearly said "leech 1% fire damage as life"???

Now don't get me started on crafting, even veteran players need couple dedicated web sites to help them understand how to, let alone new players.

there are many sh!ts like these put me off and hate this game for real, when D4 out you know what will happen already.

Also I need to mention even tho the game is so freaking messy complicated, the game only rewards nerdy players who "understand" the game because they play it and spent time on it more than their main job. If you are a new player who play diligently and farming low to mid tier maps you will never reach true end game, because things like head-hunter/mageblood only drop from end boss, I can "farm" 10 hours a day and all I get is to accumulate chaos one by one.

This will be the future for PoE: 98% of new players will not stay, veteran player numbers dwindle league after league.

PoE's veterans would have a lot to contribute after so many years when it comes to cleaning the game up but not if they are left on the outside of a seemingly (sometimes)out-of-control development process that has gifted us such things as 800% explode totems, None of regulars here i think would make such a massive blunder as that one.

Education needs to be a priority from GGG we need a dedicated teacher-streamer-content-creator as the #1 position for streamers given to only the most dedicated and helpful streamer/content creator/teacher... Make the position and they will come GGG.

a lot of people want to stand on their own two feet they just don't know how because there's a 10 mile high wall of text they have to read first and thats one of the things i love about this game but it doesn't make a first timers experience very easy.

Less supporting [Removed by Support] in their video previews and more people here to teach people how to make their own decisions in PoE instead of being reliant upon them forever.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by Drew_GGG on May 30, 2023, 11:57:01 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
^

What was the point in this post anyway? That forum goers (me included) thoughts and ideas aren't actually valid? Really? That's where you wanted to go? That nothing being discussed has any validity? Or who is this validity gatekeeper? I guessing you are volunteering yourself?

I suppose if you are just going to invalidate posts at will, then do me a favor and don't quote me simply to say that. That's about as sophomoric as you can get on a forum. Disagreement is one thing, this is quite another.

Imagine just quoting peoples posts with "invalid" replies. How droll.

Sometimes I ponder turning quote notification messages on with this account but then I see why I don't. :)

---

PS PoE is dying at a healthy rate, i.e. it's still got a lot of growth left before any sort of middle-age inflection point. Barring a freak accident, Exiles should dismiss this thread's entire premise.

Including the ones who don't play anymore. You're here; you're invested enough to be classed as an Exile. So sayeth the Ruler of Wraeclast.
The name says it all.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Well I deem both your opinions and criticisms invalid.

...Am I doing it right now?

Have we really sunk this low on the PoE boards? Invalidating good faith (not obvious trolling) criticism and opinions on a whim, simply on the basis you don't agree with an opposing viewpoint?

Not at all, you are of course misinterpreting on purpose. But you have to agree that a chess rookie coming into the chess scene just to 'criticize' the movement pattern of the queen is sort of futile? It's NEVER going to change. The same goes for certain factors when it comes to PoE too.

"
For example since it was alluded to. GGG casting a wide net marketing to casuals & new players, while the game isn't designed for casuals and/or has difficult new player onbaording, and consequently problematic, is invalid feedback?

Again, strawman. They are "casting a wide net marketing to casuals, new players AND everyone else", including hardcore gamers, no-lifers, rocket scientists and kings. They aren't directing their advertisement to new players and casuals only. They are doing advertisement deals with streamers, like A LOT of games are, to stay 'relevant' in the streaming scene. You make it sound like they are purposely targeting casual players, which they of course are not. No one knows if they're a PoE player until they've tried the game.

And we all know PoE isn't "beginner friendly", but new players come to the game and survives the starting phase every league. As I've told you before; we've had new players in out guild doing 40/40 in their first league. It's a F2P game, it's not like it's a steep investment for players to test it out. There are still a lot of casual players playing PoE for what it is, without going ham on the forums, blaming it for not being more casual.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on May 30, 2023, 12:18:19 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Sometimes I ponder turning quote notification messages on with this account but then I see why I don't. :)

---

PS PoE is dying at a healthy rate, i.e. it's still got a lot of growth left before any sort of middle-age inflection point. Barring a freak accident, Exiles should dismiss this thread's entire premise.

Including the ones who don't play anymore. You're here; you're invested enough to be classed as an Exile. So sayeth the Ruler of Wraeclast.

https://youtu.be/rVq5Vy5Gw3U

turning those notifications on would be scary without your additional reasons.

Innocence forgives you
"
Phrazz wrote:

Again, strawman. They are "casting a wide net marketing to casuals, new players AND everyone else", including hardcore gamers, no-lifers, rocket scientists and kings. They aren't directing their advertisement to new players and casuals only. They are doing advertisement deals with streamers, like A LOT of games are, to stay 'relevant' in the streaming scene. You make it sound like they are purposely targeting casual players, which they of course are not. No one knows if they're a PoE player until they've tried the game.

That's a Strawman according to whom? You? I disagree completely. Again this invalidation strategy. I don't get it.

How is advertising a variety Streamer with a paid sponsorship for example, one that doesn't even play arpgs often, targeting a harcore arpg enthusiast that PoE is looking for, and develop for? This is illogical, and stands to reason why their player numbers are up, but retention down since Expedition. That's not a Strawman, it's an opinion based on player data. What's your arguement based on? Gut feelings?

Do you believe the record numbers trying Crucible this league was evidence of harcorde arpg gamers after 10 years finally discovering PoE en masse, or a result of spillover casuals and average types from a D4 beta? Idk maybe you have other reasons why Crucible is PoE greatest ever league in those terms? It doesn't seem a difficult puzzle to solve.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 30, 2023, 1:42:42 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
How is advertising a variety Streamer with a paid sponsorship for example, one that doesn't even play arpgs often, targeting a harcore arpg enthusiast that PoE is looking for, and develop for?

No one is saying that. But they ARE targeting a wider audience, consisting of ALL kinds of players. Sure, you can sit here and claim that you know the exact demographic of every variety streamer, but that would of course be a lie. But we BOTH know that there are potential PoE players out there, only needing a little nudge to try the game, and potentially stay, be that as a casual or growing to really like the game, putting in hours.

I'm sure the record numbers this league have a lot to do with D4. Maybe a ton of casuals, who knows. And maybe 12% of them will stay? Again, you don't need to be a hardcore gamer to enjoy PoE. There's PLENTY of non-hardcore gamers enjoying the game at some level. You don't have to faceroll the endgame to get something out of the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info