Diablo 4 announces that there will be a campaign skip ... its time for POE to do the same

Diablo 4 showed today that once you beat the campaign with a character you will be able to essentially skip the campaign and there will be an alternate way to level. This is something POE should do as well, there is no reason to have to run through the story over and over and over again.

especially when you have show that you are able to give us an alternate way to level (when they run "endless delve" events)
Last bumped on May 12, 2023, 1:43:56 PM
I think POE players and devs are too enamored with the race at league resets to ever let players skip or boost each other.

I know that five ways are a thing, but real d2 and d3 boosting takes like 15 minutes to get to endgame levels.

POE2 is going to answer where the direction of this game is going. I except to be disappointed with the reveal at exilecon (if there is one) because the stuff coming out of GGG since poe2 was announced has been truly mid, mediocre, forced, tiring, unfun game changes to keep people logged in.

Letting people progress to endgame faster without practicing in a racing group for days on end is just not on their agenda.
never gonna happen
they will lengthen it before they shorten it
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
This is standard ARPG design. Were PoE 4.0 not worryingly obsessed with a new campaign I would expect it to be part of the overhaul. It may still be. This is GGG's one and only chance to drag PoE into modernity and relevance beyond its existing fan base.

The name says it all.
"
roundishcap wrote:
I think POE players and devs are too enamored with the race at league resets to ever let players skip or boost each other.

I know that five ways are a thing, but real d2 and d3 boosting takes like 15 minutes to get to endgame levels.

POE2 is going to answer where the direction of this game is going. I except to be disappointed with the reveal at exilecon (if there is one) because the stuff coming out of GGG since poe2 was announced has been truly mid, mediocre, forced, tiring, unfun game changes to keep people logged in.

Letting people progress to endgame faster without practicing in a racing group for days on end is just not on their agenda.

GGG just needs to make it one character needs to beat the campaign on a per league basis... done.
Seems..

Most of players are for campaign skip.
Most of devs dont.

Main problem.
Diablo IV doing something should be irrelevant to whether or not PoE should do something.
Diablo IV is going to get so much of my time with that campaign skip. I might end up playing all five classes each season.
"
innervation wrote:
Diablo IV doing something should be irrelevant to whether or not PoE should do something.

While I'm all for player choice, I'd be totally fine with the abilty to level via hesiting, delving or heck even mapping (maps are just a level slider afterall), this point is 100% true.

Cribbing someone elses notes mindlessly just makes you directly compete with them where they have the advantage, it's a spell for a slow death. If GGG puts this in, it should only because they think it's a good idea, and they're pretty slow to change their minds about things, if they ever do.
To me it would depend on the second leveling method. The only part of the campaign I hate is the jungle forest encampment. I don't mind the rest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info