Diablo 4 announces that there will be a campaign skip ... its time for POE to do the same

The campaign sucks to play through, and that is one of the major reasons I have not bothered to play since Harvest. Between the need for multiple characters per league that need to be leveled up and the garbage RNG Slot machine that is crafting, I have all but given up on this game.

I find the whole end game really fun, I just hate the leveling process so much that the end is not worth the beginning. If I could level via maps, delve, etc.. I probably wouldn't miss a league. As of now, I rather pull out my toenails than do that horrible campaign again.
Last edited by Nulledout on May 12, 2023, 8:35:52 AM
"
Nulledout wrote:
The campaign sucks

"The campaign" or "a campaign"? Will a new campaign (PoE 2) help this situation, or do you just hate to progress your character before it hits level ~60?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
or do you just hate to progress your character before it hits level ~60?

Being forced to play any way other than the way I want to play sucks. Beyond that, a campaign play through is fine the first few times, but after that it becomes tedious. I would be happy with one play through, and then the rest is level how I want. I get they need to extend their content, so I can accept 1 play through per season, but after that, no thanks. Probably after 3-5 seasons of doing the campaign I will lose all interest in doing it again.

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Nulledout wrote:
The campaign sucks

"The campaign" or "a campaign"? Will a new campaign (PoE 2) help this situation, or do you just hate to progress your character before it hits level ~60?

He literally said he would level if it wasn't the campaign ("maps, delve, etc."), and he would be willing to do the campaign once per season to unlock that option. I understand your projecting here, but cmon. It's isn't the progress / leveling, it's being forced to do the campaign always to get to the best parts of the game.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
hoho juicy.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
He literally said he would level if it wasn't the campaign ("maps, delve, etc."), and he would be willing to do the campaign once per season to unlock that option. I understand your projecting here, but cmon. It's isn't the progress / leveling, it's being forced to do the campaign always to get to the best parts of the game.

It's not projecting, it's curiosity. Don't read too much into everything. Hell, even I want alternatives after leveling your first character. It's the "skipping" part that some people want I'm against.

But I'm also a bit sceptic as to how much better/popular certain alternatives would be in the long run. We're still talking low level characters here. Is it the repetitive nature of mapping/delve people long for while leveling? And how long would it stay "fresh", compared to a new campaign?

I'm all for options. I just think that if they should add alternatives, they should probably be a little bit more thought out than to just slap mapping or delving in.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
It's the "skipping" part that some people want I'm against.

I'd be against that as well. I don't see that suggested much tbh, nor are there any games in the arpg genre that I'm aware of that do this? Full skips to specific levels?

Character boosting, paid or not, is a far cry from the alternative leveling that is being requested. (Ingame paid 5 way leveling memes aside)

Then again this entire feedback loop is pointless. GGG is introducing a brand new campaign as the focus point of their 4.0 mega-expansion. There will be no alternative leveling anytime soon, if ever.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
I would think the main reason most PoE players skip leagues is the tedium of the main campaign. Won't change, change is bad, change takes guts and it won't sell "value packs" or surprise mechanics.

"
Soulscar1 wrote:
I would think the main reason most PoE players skip leagues is the tedium of the main campaign. Won't change, change is bad, change takes guts and it won't sell "value packs" or surprise mechanics.

I strongly think it is not the campaign :/...The game is bland, tedious and a continuous chore to get to whatever goal you play the game for....

Loot is literally un-attractive in any way on this planet and you are forced to just save currency to buy your things from people that probably would have wanted to quit days before your w/.

In order to get loot you save on shiny collectables that give addictions...

Let's not forget the gambles to get something decent out of stuff and even if you manage to get something you get nerfed next league any way...

The tedious tree that punishes any new player for investing into the wrong way ending up with a sucky char and no way to get some regrets or anything to start rolling....

The tactless ascendancies that get rework without proper testing going from useless to even worse, like with veteran bowyer and master distiller, not only they remove a useless ascension that probably someone will have taken and use with some trinity shenanigan's instead they added a useless ascendancy that eats all your flasks while attacking making you n times more squishy.

I mean , how can a new player come and take 10 years of content garbage which is repetitive and dull at some point and league after league be lied to that "this will not be x thing" and it's that thing + a lot more garbage...I am frankly surprised old players are defending this way of thinking...

Copy pasted leagues that mostly give the impression of new content but it's just old content put in a different circle , I mean literally everything is either a circle arena or a square arena...Beside essences and bestiary which are monsters with some affixes.

So yea...poe is fine :))))

So let's put it straight, new players may enjoy poe for like some days...but old players are just fed up about constant grind of divines to just grind divines for no reasons...Also league after league there are less and less builds to be played :/ and crucible just added some new builds to the table,but it takes more than explody totems to just go along to be honest :/
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on May 12, 2023, 12:03:34 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Nulledout wrote:
The campaign sucks

That's not the point. The campaign is fine. Having to do it every time you want to make a new char is not. It doesn't matter if 4.0 will have a better one or not. There should be an alternative leveling option for those who finish it at least once in a league. Leveling option, not some insta 68 lvl. Is it really that hard to understand?
Last edited by bauermayers on May 12, 2023, 12:21:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info