Current Minion Survivability Problems... Video of the Problem

Page 4

"
If a minion dies everything is gone. No other build in the game loses all DPS when a minion dies, right?

If i can't take every minion defense node in the game and keep my minions alive i believe GGG does need to look at it.

A minion dying in a fight can't be controlled by a player has well. ( My bad i was wrong you can do something about it but its crazy hard to do all the time )

- Convocation is a great gem but using it all time will not work on every fight.
"
which post? and it doesnt really matter. you would need to know the fight mechanic before you can properly use convocation, and you dont know it,thats why you die 4-5 times in every eater attempt.

- Can you kill Uber Eater of Worlds with mods without dying all the time with a minion build ? I'm human you know !

- Convocation is the key to minion builds staying alive and talent points and gear are useless ? God sounds great, right !? Plus every minion build in the game will need to have convocation besides SRS just to keep our minions alive. You're right!! You cracked the case!
Last edited by Bleak_Horizon on Mar 29, 2023, 5:30:44 AM
i dont think you understand how this works. your minions are NOT supposed to tank uber boss damage. you need to use conv to move them out of harms way. but from the videos you shown you cant even move YOURSELF out of harms way so...whatever man...you do you
"
i dont think you understand how this works. your minions are NOT supposed to tank uber boss damage. you need to use conv to move them out of harms way. but from the videos you shown you cant even move YOURSELF out of harms way so...whatever man...you do you

- Then why do we talent points on the tree for minions to stay alive ? if the whole point was for us to use Conv than just remove all the minion stuff to stay alive. Plus you know that Uber Eater of Worlds ground attack crushes minions has well and Conv will do nothing for it.
Last edited by Bleak_Horizon on Mar 29, 2023, 5:36:04 AM
"
Bleak_Horizon wrote:
"

- Then why do we talent points on the tree for minions to stay live ?

those are for normal gameplay...for ubers you need more...for ubers you need to learn how to use convocation...
"
those are for normal gameplay...for ubers you need more...for ubers you need to learn how to use convocation...

- Convocation doesn't work on melee attacks. You can't just spam Convocation the whole fight it'll mess up your minions DPS greatly. Do you really want every minion build in the game to use Convocation for their builds besides SRS ? What do you do if minions die on a Map ? I guess i should have used Convocation more...
I think there would be a problem if your golems survived the duration of uber anything really

even if you maxxed all skill points

Because then your build would be one of the most OP build in the game

it looks pretty balanced to me, you have to resummon them or you have to do something in the uber fight instead of that SRS OP garbage

what gear do u have, i only saw the youtube

The issue with permanent minions is that now they require a lot of investment to keep them alive. To have a proper permanent minions build is more expensive then having a proper Tornado Shot build. And clear speed will suck anyway, because minions.

The solutions to keep minions alive are there, but they have a very high opportunity cost - many skill points that don't go in your character's survivability or minion damage, gear and support gems. On paper, you can have almost immortal minions (90% pdr / 90% ele resists / high recovery), but to have them deal damage as well, you need very expensive gear.

Spoiler
Tree:
Indomitable Army (15% pdr + 15% ele resist)
Decay Ward (18% block/18% spell block/2% life recovery on block)
Necromantic Aegis (minions are using your shield)

Support gems:
> Elemental Army Support (29% ele resist / +4 max ele resists)
> Meat Shield (24% less dmg taken / 5% pdr)
> Anomalous Feeding Frenzy (Minions recover 1% life on hit)

Cluster jewels:
> Dread March (10% physical damage reduction)
> Life from Death (minions recover 4% life on minion death)
> Renewal (1% life regen)

Edit: for example
Spoiler
"
oraburasura wrote:

Only one way I found;

play in Std, buy one handed weapon with (min 1 mirror);

+1 to Level of Socketed Gems
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Brutality
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Maim
Socketed Gems are supported by Level 20 Multistrike
Socketed Gems are supported by Level 20 Increased Critical Damage
Socketed Skills deal 40% more Attack Damage ....

Buy a The squire shield, buy a Mageblood, buy a perfect helmet with right enchant (if any in trade site), buy 35& effect Large Clusters and high end other craps and enjoy if possible.

And wait for next patch notes with crossfingers.
Last edited by 6_din_49 on Mar 29, 2023, 1:36:32 PM
"
The issue with permanent minions is that now they require a lot of investment to keep them alive. To have a proper permanent minions build is more expensive then having a proper Tornado Shot build. And clear speed will suck anyway, because minions.

The solutions to keep minions alive are there, but they have a very high opportunity cost - many skill points that don't go in your character's survivability or minion damage, gear and support gems. On paper, you can have almost immortal minions (90% pdr / 90% ele resists / high recovery), but to have them deal damage as well, you need very expensive gear.

- You can't make permanent minions with any amount of talent tree points and gear. Its been tested and on my stream and video for Uber fights and 20+ Sim is just a laughable when doing it with minions.

- Zombies are broken

- The talent tree needs to keep minions alive. If they don't why use them or even play the class or build.

*** The talent tree minion nodes need extra stats for minions to stay alive in the game and minions have more health *** This will not break the game or make minions super overpowered.
Last edited by Bleak_Horizon on Mar 29, 2023, 2:16:03 PM
"
Bleak_Horizon wrote:

- You can't make permanent minions with any amount of talent tree points and gear. Its been tested and on my stream and video for Uber fights and 20+ Sim is just a laughable when doing it with minions.

- Zombies are broken

- The talent tree needs to keep minions alive. If they don't why use them or even play the class or build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsCaXQv9qhY

There u go, all uber bosses without any minions dying. "Tested on your stream" doesn´t mean anything as you are not as good at minions as u might think. That guy is though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info