Zebedin wrote:
NERF WHAT ?
like there is more left to fcking nerf.
Cleave: -2 range
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
Phrazz wrote:

I'm in the same boat as you on this one, and think RF "stands out" because it's actually a well-balanced skill - and theory crafted down to a molecular level. If more skills had the same scaling, gear progression and speed as RF, I think the game would be in a better state.

That is why it stands out, I'm not being facetious here think about how many skills actually have that kind of development there are barely any. RF also scales from defence at its core which is a GGG no-no.

but to reiterate if you don't think RF stands out you need to stop looking at the skills from the eyes of a player and how they want skills to perform, and instead look at them from a general design view of what is unusual compared to its peers.

Do I think thats wrong? Absolutely I agree with what I quoted from you Phrazz, more skills with similar scaling and progression would be wonderful but it doesn't change that GGG usually target things with specific "problems".
Aren't you too making this a bit more complicated than it actually is? GGG slaps what's popular. That's pretty much all there is to it. Give a skill enough time in the spotlight on the top of POE ninja usage and it get's slaugtered. While stuff that isn't like that sometimes get's away despite being busted like Seismic trap.

I think it's just a matter of time until RF/FT get's slapped again in some way, doesn't even have to be RF itself. The build as a whole has been too popular for too long. GGG will force switch the meta at some point as so often. They don't care about actual balance, just about "keeping things fresh". Just like many players in fact.

There are certainly cases where they nerf stuff for "design space", or to "clean up" or whatever other excuse they can come up with but 9 times out of ten it's "forced meta switch".
I hope Molten Shell gets nerfed, instead of armour or Determination
Nerfing Moltenshell would kill like 80% of the meta. Pretty much any build with any intention to not be a glass cannon relies on it. You can't deal with current POEs incoming damage numbers just by stacking life like 3 years ago but mitigations alone will only get you so far if you end up with 4k life because you had to put so much investment into them instead of life. MS allows people to have both. While that's not good design, it's neccessary for todays POE. There is no alternative right now, evasion builds drop flat every few maps because they don't have the hp pool/mitigation to stomach hits and ES builds are just dumpster tier because they are lacking sustain AND mitigation most of the time. If they honestly go and nerf MS without compensation or massive monster damage nerfs then i don't know...
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Mar 28, 2023, 9:35:42 AM
Dear Molten Shell, EHP Gain on Block, Magebane, Eldritch Battery,

Wind Dancer would like to say hello to welcoming you in the trash bin for 3.21!

Just kidding. Don't do it. 3.20 was a blast because it was pleasant to play (and it can still be better). Don't bring the game back to the dark ages of 3.15-3.18.

Revert Wind Dancer.
Last edited by jeerinho on Mar 28, 2023, 1:19:37 PM
I predict like 10 of these

Max charges of any type is 5.
heartstopper gets added to the tree, replaces lethe shade
Chaos inoculation now reduces max life by 50%, 50% less chaos damage taken, 30% more es
Players can no longer become immune to any ailment
Poison will have a poison cap that can be raised/lowered
minions get -40% added attack speed, -40% added damage, -80% added life
minions ai becomes smarter, less likely to do what you want
Minions reserve mana
boneshatter does has less attack speed
Boneshatter requires a 2handed weapon
Boneshatter's buff is now a physical degen
Boneshatter's stun now applies to the player
Melee has less splash
Melee Crit from weapons get lowered
Accuracy required for all hit tags including spells
Spark no longer shotguns
Spark costs more mana
Spark has -4 projectiles at level 20, this is a buff
Eldritch battery has a mana multiplier for reservation
Eldritch battery has a %more damage taken mod
Eldritch Battery makes characters move slower (reverse tailwind)
Eldritch Battery disables attack skills
Eldritch Battery is no longer on Diadem
Eldritch Battery halves energy Shield
cold iron point cannot poison
cold iron point has reduced life
Aegis Aurora has a %reduced Armor and ES mod
Aegis Aurora has no sockets
Aegis Aurora has a Cannot block mod
Mind over matter reduced to 10%, mod added to all armor rolls
Overleech removed
new map mod, monsters steal onslaught/tailwind
new map mod, monsters are invisible
new map mod, monsters ignore area hits

"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Aren't you too making this a bit more complicated than it actually is? GGG slaps what's popular.

I covered that bit the first time, though I feel compelled to point out that what is popular and what is busted usually jog along hand in hand for quite some time.

It occasionally happens that we get something meta that isn't particularly strong but its rare and I can't think of that many nerfs aside from 3.15 that weren't pretty obviously coming if you know GGG's style.

Its splitting hairs though, GGG slaps whats popular does cover a majority of nerfs.
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
how do we even know what gets nerfed since there is no balance manifesto?

I haven't been following, just returned in hopes that the game is still enjoyable for those who can't play 10h/day.

But from what you're saying, I assume nobody really knows what's changing in terms of skills???

Why...
It will have patch notes so the nerfs will be shown there. The major nerfs will be explained in a livestream.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info