Nerf fest is coming

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

This isn't me advocating for a nerf btw its just the explanation for why people think it stands out for one, because it does. Personally i'd want more skills that perform like RF and have a similar drawback on maximum dps to pay for it - they make great HC skills.

What is the justified reasons for a nerf to RF? They have already adjusted both Inquisitior and Fire Trap recently to reduce overall build effectiveness, but RF on its own? Really a 400-700k dps skill needs to get nerfed? Why?

Are you reading invisible words between the lines again? He's not advocating for nerfs, and seems to be using RF as a "good example" when it comes to scaling.

Maybe I misunderstood your post here.

Huh? His first sentence says he isnt advocating for a nerf, but people are asking for one because it "stands out" that's what I'm asking about? What is this reasoning he is hearing from others?

Edit: and I've heard this too since the Pohx build became popular. I was the one saying RF is a good example if you read back. Just because it's popular or whatever, doesn't mean it needs a nerf. (That's my opinion anyway)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Mar 27, 2023, 3:26:09 PM
"
geddim wrote:
Are you ready? Did you buy shiny glowy MTXs for spark, seismic trap and srs to never touch these skills again?

Hurry up! Sale will end soon!

i stopped buying any skill related mtx years ago ^ ^
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Huh? His first sentence says he isnt advocating for a nerf, but people are asking for one because it "stands out" that's what I'm asking about? What is this reasoning he is hearing from others?

Edit: and I've heard this too since the Pohx build became popular. I was the one saying RF is a good example if you read back. Just because it's popular or whatever, doesn't mean it needs a nerf. (That's my opinion anyway)

Ah, clearly just me misunderstanding, then.

I'm in the same boat as you on this one, and think RF "stands out" because it's actually a well-balanced skill - and theory crafted down to a molecular level. If more skills had the same scaling, gear progression and speed as RF, I think the game would be in a better state.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
People have strong builds what do we do?!

Quick nerf CoC discharge again, I'm not sure it's dead enough!
Can't wait for them to neuter Boneshatter next league and then pretend for following years that it's suddenly bad because some imaginary design limitations, because Wraeclast is when no melee skill is viable outside of SC trade with BiS gear.
HC balance should be separate from SC I don't care which outdated 1993 game dev philosophy this goes against. youtube/twitch.tv/DESPAIR268

REVERT SUNDER :) REVERT SEISMIC CRY :) REVERT IMPALER :) REVERT GAME :)) MAKE DUALWIELD GREAT AGAIN :)
Not like we don't have way too much power anyways. It wouldn't really matter even if they nerf some stuff again.

It sucks a bit to lose some power yes, but at least player get to build new builds this way, instead of playing the same "broken meta" abilities over and over again. Besides that every league comes with new stuff to enhance a build in different ways. (Sanctum relics were a good example)

A more in depths rework for all abilities would be more appreciated but that's just entirely unlikely to happen. So a change of the meta is at least something to keep the game fresh.

I personally hope for a EA,RF and cold dot nerf cause they had their spotlight for too long by now.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Mar 27, 2023, 5:34:19 PM
"
Pashid wrote:
Not like we don't have way too much power anyways. It wouldn't really matter even if they nerf some stuff again.

It sucks a bit to lose some power yes, but at least player get to build new builds this way, instead of playing the same "broken meta" abilities over and over again. Besides that every league comes with new stuff to enhance a build in different ways. (Sanctum relics were a good example)

A more in depths rework for all abilities would be more appreciated but that's just entirely unlikely to happen. So a change of the meta is at least something to keep the game fresh.

I deliberately play crappy builds. It wont affect me. *shrugs*
"
Thesuffering wrote:

Welcome to the club.
It's nice to not follow up with the fomo meta train lol.
Cause you can pretty much make most abilities viable in different ways.
They won't perform as good as meta builds but it's about fun anyway

Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Mar 27, 2023, 5:40:44 PM
"
Pashid wrote:
"
Thesuffering wrote:

Welcome to the club.
It's nice to not follow up with the fomo meta train lol.
Cause you can pretty much make most abilities viable in different ways.
They won't perform as good as meta builds but it's about fun anyway

Agreed.
NERF WHAT ?
like there is more left to fcking nerf.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info