Tried PoE after D4's first beta weekend

"
DarthSki44 wrote:

What part was copium lol? It's all accurate.

Accurate? Basically you are pretending like Microsoft and Linux are on equal footings and wondering why Linux isn't dominating the market. Framing the argument in a false equvilancy fallacy is not accurrate or honest.

This is the difference between players like you and me. I also am critical of the game, but unlike you I will defend it vs Blizzard and not pretend they are on and equal footing. You don't see GGG being sued for massive sexual harassments claims do you? You didn't hear Chris Wilson ask, "Do you not have phones?" or "You think you do, but you don't".

GGG did not not lose millions of player for stripping Blitzchung of his winnings for supporting Hong Kong. GGG might not have have Blizzards capital, but they are not unethical dirt bags either with a pay to win model marketed to minors where you can spend upwards of 120k.

So, it's not accurate at all.
Last edited by Valkaneer on Mar 28, 2023, 10:13:08 AM
"
feydh wrote:
This one is interesting. Some experienced aRPG players said barb is slow, weak defences and small damage. Alki’s barbi is quite opposite to this. Maybe D4 isn’t that simple. Anyway, any complexity can be overcame. And as for gameplay, D4 seems pretty different from PoE.

Barb is very gear dependent whereas Sorc/Necro tend to be more +skill dependant (like POE) which you naturally receive via leveling progression. After 48 hours though we would be decked out in legendaries facerolling all content in Act 1. We became overgeared for the content available which made it seem easy

Also Alk is pretty much a gaming god in ARPG circles.
Last edited by DAKKONx on Mar 28, 2023, 10:15:37 AM
"
feydh wrote:
This one is interesting. Some experienced aRPG players said barb is slow, weak defences and small damage. Alki’s barbi is quite opposite to this. Maybe D4 isn’t that simple. Anyway, any complexity can be overcame. And as for gameplay, D4 seems pretty different from PoE.

What most people complain about is the leveling experience of Barb and Druid in a normal-ish campaign playthrough compared to Sorc and Necro.

Alk is in full legendary gear, farmed while having 3x droprates, with level scaling that stopped at 25, giving him the opportunity to catch up with gear.

No one doubts that Barb is nuts at endgame, and that much has already been confirmed by closed beta testers.

The problem is the overreliance on Aspects during leveling. Druid suffers especially hard from this.
Last edited by Prevy on Mar 28, 2023, 10:22:04 AM
"
DAKKONx wrote:
"
feydh wrote:

Barb is very gear dependent whereas Sorc/Necro tend to be more +skill dependant (like POE) which you naturally receive via leveling progression. After 48 hours though we would be decked out in legendaries facerolling all content in Act 1. We became overgeared for the content available which made it seem easy

True. Judging by the skilltree and initial gaming, barb is pretty weak but with items it changes drastically. Anyway D4 might be pretty complex, complex enough (?) we will see.
"
Valkaneer wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

What part was copium lol? It's all accurate.

Accurate? Basically you are pretending like Microsoft and Linux are on equal footings and wondering why Linux isn't dominating the market. Framing the argument in a false equvilancy fallacy is not accurrate or honest.

This is the difference between players like you and me. I also am critical of the game, but unlike you I will defend it vs Blizzard and not pretend they are on and equal footing. You don't see GGG being sued for massive sexual harassments claims do you? You didn't hear Chris Wilson ask, "Do you not have phones?" or "You think you do, but you don't".

GGG did not not lose millions of player for stripping Blitzchung of his winnings for supporting Hong Kong. GGG might not have have Blizzards capital, but they are not unethical dirt bags either with a pay to win model marketed to minors where you can spend upwards of 120k.

So, it's not accurate at all.

Agree with you on Blitzchung - haven't played a Blizzard game since that, but those things you say Chris Wilson doesn't ask of the players...I mean he kind of does lol. Listen to him talk on any Baeclast podcast. Every time he's talking in depth about game mechanics he is basically telling reddit: "you think you do, but you don't - get rolled". And I agree with him 95% of the time. He is just as stubborn as Jay Allen Brack or Jay Wilson, the difference is PoE Chris is much, much better than those two at explaining and selling his decisions verbally in a live setting. He gets right to the core of the issue and thinks through the pros and cons of both how things are, and how things might be if they were exactly as reddit demanded it.
I leveled on sorceress to 20 was better than I thought - game looks absolutrely beautiful and the cutsences/story is definitely S-tier. Still haven't bought the game but am considering it. For the overall health of the ARPG genre we should all hope D4 is a good game and fun for millions - pushing GGG and other devs to improve their product.
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
"
feydh wrote:
"
DAKKONx wrote:
"
feydh wrote:

True. Judging by the skilltree and initial gaming, barb is pretty weak but with items it changes drastically. Anyway D4 might be pretty complex, complex enough (?) we will see.

Barb gets exceptionally strong once you have a few legendaries that, until then he sucks. I am not looking to play D4 for long so I will play necro as any rare is good enough for necros.

Alk's barb's legendaries all synergize together. Since the drop rate of legendaries are reduced in the main game good luck with you on that.
After playing both weekends and all 5 classes at 25 (got cheap key for 4$) i think i will not buy D4 at release and wait till it improves or implements a few of these:

-The ugly console like UI and bare bones character sheet
-overlay map
-map zoom
-dungeon layouts/mechanics + dungeon boss variety
-review some weaker classes and skills
-gets rid of the D3 weapon damage scaling for skills (even for spells which is hilarious)
-implements SSF/solo mode so open world (where all PVE action is happening) i don't see other players (don't mind seeing them in town though)
-removes level scaling or implements an additional mode with level brackets like it used to be.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Mar 29, 2023, 5:03:30 PM
i mostly agree with what you said. For your info i saw somehere. if its true, the beta was the 0.89 version.

I think D4 will not be perfect at release but it will improve in the future. Its like that for all hack and slash no exception.

For me, im not looking at another PoE, otherwise i would just whait PoE2 (i know its a big expension not a stand alone). So i think it will be perfect for me to split my time between PoE and D4 and not feel burn out by one of the 2 games.
D4 = Game is made to be more attractive to console/controller players.

Spoiler
Both kmb and xbox controller felt nice to play with hoho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info