Content Update 3.20.0 -- Path of Exile: The Forbidden Sanctum

"replaces the "Strike Skills target additional Enemies can do so from 30% further away" Mastery."

Strike skills needed this too!!!!!!
Solution:
Withering Step can no longer be used while already Elusive. This change shouldn't affect builds that don't have ways to gain Elusive outside of Withering Step.

This is unfun. Stop nerfing movement speed, it is what makes the game fun.
"
vahu wrote:
"
ivchekal wrote:
GGG, I hope you know that by not introducing buffs to underused skill archetypes you are guaranteeing another down quarter and potentially, death of the game.

I would recommend that you delay the release of 3.20 by a week and work exclusively on buffing underused skills.

Look at streamers/comments, its like a funeral parlor here. Not many people are excited about this league.

REALLY CONSIDER IT.

Buffs to underused skills would make this patch perfect. No skill changes, ascendency changes, I mean meaningful, then it means not supporting their vision. In 10 years will be the first time not buying packs. They can support themselves with their vision :P

The problem is also GGG manage to break the game and after much noise, they fix some via other means usually, and then some streamer before league "omg best league" before actually playing the league, looks so pathetic. Most guys want balance changes, not only nerf big boys like LS, Helix, LC. But also buffs to underused skills, throw some new talents around, change places, change few ascendencies to be interesting.

That being said, if the league after I try and it will be best fun, I will support them later this time. So maybe league mechanic will be best thing ever for example. 1% hope. Cause for end game I can be busy with fracture. But their vision from 3.15,3.19 I don't want to sponsor anymore.

I won't support them any longer, not until they prove that they can restore the fun factor of the game for several consecutive leagues. 3.20 is not it. I will most likely pass this. Also, predicting maximum concurrent steam players for this league to be around 120k max.

I don't care about their excuses of 'working on fixing the game'... They broke it in the first place.
dude, just skip league. I am on hiatus atm, looking at patch notes to see if they understand what went wrong. If not, i'll just skip another. No need to be frustrated, its just a game. If it isnt fun, its not worth your time. Just leave and be happy mate.
"
Fistaniderya wrote:
dude, just skip league. I am on hiatus atm, looking at patch notes to see if they understand what went wrong. If not, i'll just skip another. No need to be frustrated, its just a game. If it isnt fun, its not worth your time. Just leave and be happy mate.

Exactly this
nice nice
Nerfing Eldritch Altars. Guess players can't have a way to have a little bit of fun and some loot to drop on the ground.
Thinking of coming back after skipping a league, but it is not clear if this one will be fun.

+ New vaal skill gems look nice.
+ Updated uniques seem...unique.
+ Meaningful updated / new mods for jewels.
+ They actually left minions alone? Wow.
+ Rares make sense again.

+/- New skill gems look promising, but how well they scale and how smoothly they play remains to be seen.
+/- New uniques look promising, but it seems most of them will be "chase" uniques with comical rarity. Might be better off getting a second job and using the money to buy lottery tickets. What happened to the days when "build enabling" uniques were intentionally made more common?
+/- Atlas passive tree revisions.
+/- Not clear how loot levels and crafting will feel this league.
+/- Awakened gems in Maven maps...rarity?
+/- I stand corrected from the original version of my post; apparently players will be able to bank 8 rooms at a time for the new league mechanic. This is great, but I am still not sure how fun / rewarding this mechanic will feel for me personally.

- Skill / ascendency nerfs without any buffs for the umteenth league in a row. IMO, GGG should allocate equal time to deciding what to buff vs. nerf to avoid overly negative PR, if nothing else.
- Hexes get the "it's all nerfs" treatment.
- Many unique gems removed from the game...huh? Part of the magic of PoE is that items that seemed lame can suddenly be powerful when combined with new uniques, build ideas, crafting options, etc. At the same time, it is also ironic to say "we want unique jewels to matter more" in the same patch you are buffing craftable rare jewels. I predict we will see top end passive trees even more focused on cluster jewels / jewel sockets for min-maxing, reducing build diversity even further.
- General state of melee vs. ranged builds overlooked again. New skills and (chase?) uniques do nothing to address the fundamental disadvantages of playing a melee character.
- New league mechanic doesn't appear to add any meaningful crafting options. After the latest Harvest changes, crafting seems to need a boost.
- Eldritch altars / maps were fun the way they were and not simplified enough to make alter choices fast. Reducing the average number of monsters on endgame maps is never a good thing.

Last edited by dpc6 on Dec 4, 2022, 1:07:36 PM
Would still like to get strike that targets additional target can do so 30% further away, hopefully maybe searing glove implicit?

It's hard to hard to hit bosses with melee strike skills as is with the constant teleporting and being blocked out of range from ground effects.
"
"replaces the "Strike Skills target additional Enemies can do so from 30% further away" Mastery."

Strike skills needed this too!!!!!!

Completely agree.
Last edited by Aroused1 on Dec 2, 2022, 10:10:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info