Content Update 3.20.0 -- Path of Exile: The Forbidden Sanctum

"
Upforsale wrote:
So the changes to despair are a net nerf to chaos-dot builds, without any "compensation" on the skills it's affecting, which haven't been shining in that much of a big light before anyway.

Intentional or oversight?

I'd like to know as well. I'm one of those masochists who runs a Chaos DoT build, and I struggle in red maps. With this patch and the apparent "buffs", my already unimpressive DPS dropped by over 300,000. I can't even really enjoy the physical damage buff on the Bino's, because as soon as I "upgrade" it, I get another 30% reduced DoT, for a negligible gain.

I'm a bit saddened. I'll probably just start over on Ruthless instead. At least I won't fool myself with hoping that my Chaos DoT-geared Uniques will get better. I just simply won't have any Uniques. :)

Edit: I can't even start Ruthless as it isn't available in Standard. Bah.
Last edited by Aidames on Dec 10, 2022, 1:04:08 PM
Having played around with this league for a hot minute, I've never dropped a league so hard and quickly before. This one sucks.
Besides being largely a retread of previous leagues, just with new and aggravating mechanics.
Resolve sucks, doubly so if your melee where you can't help but get hit. Losing all your progress is never fun, and having all the rewards locked behind said progress is even less so. All it did was waste my time and annoy me.
This is a big fat nope from me.
"
YohSL wrote:
Having played around with this league for a hot minute, I've never dropped a league so hard and quickly before. This one sucks.
Besides being largely a retread of previous leagues, just with new and aggravating mechanics.
Resolve sucks, doubly so if your melee where you can't help but get hit. Losing all your progress is never fun, and having all the rewards locked behind said progress is even less so. All it did was waste my time and annoy me.
This is a big fat nope from me.

Maybe a different skill gem can help you enjoy the league more. You don't even have to throw away your char because as you know some melee skills like volcanic fissure, the steel skills,tectonic slam and even smite to an extent can attack at a range \^_^/

Or if u're not HC you could build around evasion which will atleast somewhat reduce the amount of hits you take.
Last edited by INFINITY-BLOOD on Dec 10, 2022, 3:50:05 AM
Dropping by to announce im straight up not having a good time.
The nerf to withering step has completely crippled my usual shadow build, elusive just feels so unfun to use now, and it's one of the classes main defense mechanics. I relied and invested heavily on the movement speed to avoid enemy attacks, as well as the dodge and spell suppression which is vital in an endgame that is keen on one-shoting you or swarming you with packs of rares that have increased attack and move speed. Without a way to refresh my Elusive stack it leads to long valleys of me just feeling naked and getting killed more often.

My build uses blade flurry, and since I stand around a lot, being able to zoom really quickly when I need to move is very important. Without refreshing elusive on demand, I am finding myself trying to move out of an attack and failing because I'm moving a lot slower than I expect to move, since I'm sitting at 30% elusivity or whatever, it sucks and it's just not fun.

Combine that with a league mechanic that relies one me moving out of the way of a lot of attacks to avoid losing all my progress and I am finding myself loathing this league a lot. There needs to be some way for me to either refresh my Elusive or increase it during combat or the mechanic is just going to suck. It's too inconsistent without it; it's like a sine wave of fun and I'm really not liking it.
"
Nuttyhater wrote:
Lets see how you bork another promising mechanic cause loot nerfs still suck balls, don't care what you're shills or addicts say. And for the haters this is a positive and a negative.

Telling me I have it too good is also a joke considering I got a mirror, well before I knew sextant blocking, map investing, or any alch and go strat. You don't like rngesus when it's real so weight and come up with convoluted programming to skew it and create the appearance of random chaos. Don't tell me I have it too good when I remember getting swords off Sirus, decent amounts of starforges and dying suns from shaper and decent gear off Atizri none of the mentioned have given me crap worth that in leagues. Don't tell people that they have it too good when you basically encourage MF builds to hunt loot goblins, thanks for the nerf on them only streamers or mf teams will now see big drops on maps /s. My headhunter div count has dropped to crap vs leagues I use to see multiples for making lots of divs cards vs a clanmate or two who doesn't spend half the time or efforts get them consistently. Don't tell us we have it too good when you need atlas passives to get decent watcher's eye in leagues I use to get 2 or 3 affix decent ones with ease all league but have next to nothing because of atlas tree BS you made for us. Perandus was soo good for HH yet what we have now bet it alva, harbinger nerfs and especially beyond nerfs shows you again to be outright lying. Again stop making false arguments, they are false cause you won't reveal raw stats would show you're lying about problems you make or think are there. They are patently false when I can cite clear examples of what we had vs what we got now.

Certainly don't tell anyone mapping hard they have it good when post watchstone removal we know are forced in to doing less and paying to respec the map when it was literally free to do so before if you made watchstones that obliterate any drops your pinnacles bosses have given me. The people that have it good always do but making people blow 15 mirrors on crafting wasn't enough for you. Having it good it is dying on your hc character heist run cause the server stability and instance loading league to league is getting it worse. Having it good it watching most streamers with tank characters have high death counts? Since when is having it good, tons of one shot burst potential to kill you than there has ever been good? Don't whine about having it too good with altars you left functioning like that since day 1. Don't tell me what's fun. Yep it's fun losing a buff that lets me jack up my IQ and IR even more than without absurdly pricy or hard to roll mf gear, glad you could tell me that. Game was a lot of fun when you weren't up your own hides about expected gameplay loops you aren't too willing to touch even in worst leagues. How can you use such a dumb phrase like "expected gameplay loop" when an overwhelming majority of the time you don't want to explain jack to begin with? Yep players need a wiki, multiple loot filters and to be vigilant league to league about tons of meta info to maximize their grind so they aren't wasting or never getting potential drops but we got it too good.

I'd say D4 would make you nervous but with mtx sales so bad the last league leaving you with this much arrogance or hubris about the state of the game no way in hell that could be true.

Totally true on every single word.
Resolve mechanic is abysmally bad and poorly implemented on top of that. Get hit by boss once, too bad 200 resolve gone (early game). Like, why? Seriously, why? Go through 7 chambers or whatever, promised rewards at end of floor, which you can just fail in 2 seconds. Zero reward. Promising league mechanic, kinda fun, absolutely RUINED by resolve. Great job.
Fixed a bug where the Primeval Power Source hideout decoration could affect the environment state of hideouts other than the Primeval Hideout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKr8pb49N6s

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info