Path of Exile: The Forbidden Sanctum Teasers

"
trytosell wrote:
what is the point of this keystone?
are curses now have base 1 sec duration or what?

There's one hex called Bane, which is a damaging skill and its base duration is 2 seconds. Now you can go into boss fight, use bane 1 time at the beginning and focus on dodging boss mechanics until it's dead because Bane will damage infinitely.
Same appies to maps - cast Bane on pack and run along, they will die offscreen eventually.
"
Ashriel wrote:
"
alex_disp wrote:
Does this apply to Bane? Cuz it also has Hex tag.
Would be fun to kill everything with 1 cast - true fire and forget.

If it doesn't, I can't imagine anyone ever even taking this node.

Doesn't look like it. Bane has the Hex tag, but Bane is NOT a Hex itself. It applies a debuff, and also applies linked Hexes.
So if you have this node, I read that the Hexes will last, but the Bane debuff will expire as it does now.

Note the text on Bane:
"
Applies a debuff to enemies in an area, which deals chaos damage over Time. Linked hex curses are also applied to those enemies. The debuff deals more damage and lasts longer for each hex applied this way.

"
alex_disp wrote:
"
trytosell wrote:

There's one hex called Bane, which is a damaging skill and its base duration is 2 seconds. Now you can go into boss fight, use bane 1 time at the beginning and focus on dodging boss mechanics until it's dead because Bane will damage infinitely.
Same appies to maps - cast Bane on pack and run along, they will die offscreen eventually.

As above: I think Bane is not a Hex itself, it's a damaging debuff which will also apply linked Hexes.
GGG aren't going to give us an infinite damaging debuff.
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
Interesting to test with self-flagellation and kikazarus, reminds me of the old totems + soul mantle days.
"
Varana wrote:

Why not? It's not like Bane has insane damage. They said that hexes disappear if you leave area or die, and also skills do not damage enemies more than 2 screens away, so it would be infinite while you're near the monsters and in the same area. Death's Oath is also infinite in that line of thinking, and so is Righteous Fire.
Last edited by alex_disp on Nov 29, 2022, 9:46:31 AM
Veteran PoE players know that this is actually what Hex Master did way back when it was first introduced. Albeit the wording was something like "Curses you cast never expire", and it didn't have the effect penalty, but it's funny to see it coming full circle.
"
alex_disp wrote:
"
Varana wrote:

Why not?
o_O that a serious question?? :O

Please read Varana again - they're technically on point. Bane is not a Hex (or a Curse) - it's a sister of Contagion and a cousin of Essence Drain. This was already pointed out by GGG years ago somewhere.

"
ekaye wrote:
but it's funny to see it coming full circle.

Looks more like they're running out of ideas... or not bothering.
"Boah, is echt lächerlich, wie schnell das hier lädt, wenn nich irgendwelche Penner mit MTX hier rumhängen."
Last edited by Reshemin on Nov 29, 2022, 10:06:35 AM
Extremely niche keystone, unusable 99,9% of time. Doesn't work on Bane, as Bane is a Hex skill, not a hex on its own. Doesn't work with Hexblast, as with Hexblast you consume the hex anyway. Without any specific use, this is just a conveniency, kinda, as the detrament is relatively huge. The Hexmaster node which this replaces is much better, grater area of effect of hex skills and 100% longer duration (this affects Bane as well) is just much better, not only are we loosing that, we get this "meh" replacement for Doomsday. I was really looking forward to a new unique way to interact with hexes, but this ... this seems not only cheap when it comes to uniqness, it is also generally bad.

Also, your Hexes are infinite, but your Curses have less effect, Curses are hexes and marks, this should then also decrease the effect of your marks by this wording
Last edited by Orisuhn on Nov 29, 2022, 10:47:13 AM
no one will use this

e: in reference to the Hex Master keystone
Last edited by illectrik on Nov 29, 2022, 10:36:06 AM
"
alex_disp wrote:
"
trytosell wrote:

Well ... no. Bane is a hex skill, not a hex, it is not affected by Hex master. I mean, solely by the wording, yes, it should work on Bane as well, but I highly doubt that it will. The Hex master notable does affect Bane (because it uses tag Hex Skills not Hex), this keystone does not. That would be too strong, first of all, and then, the Hex master keystone would actually have an usage, and we cannot have that
Last edited by Orisuhn on Nov 29, 2022, 11:01:08 AM
To all of you saying the keystone is bad, you just fail to see bigger picture, keystones are for specific build types, like for instance selfcursing with the unique jewel(20% dmg per curse on you), you only need to do it on start of map. Its a huge buff, since the 20% reduced curse effect is something you need to scale for that anyway, 4heads.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info