Ruthless NDA is lifted, and feedback is largely positive so far!

https://www.reddit.com/r/poeruthless/

I didn't get in to the alpha, but this excites me. :)
Last bumped on Nov 27, 2022, 4:53:52 AM
It feels like old school PoE but with less drops and no desync. I've only barely scratched the surface of act 2 still with no support gems. It's brutal! :D
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Nov 22, 2022, 11:41:32 PM
"
Shovelcut wrote:
It feels like old school PoE but with less drops and no desync. I've only barely scratched the surface of act 2 still with no support gems. It's brutal! :D

It's different. People on the chat somehow found it relaxing because of the slower pace.
Boss fights are a lot harder, though, because, unlike in PoE of old, dying during a boss fight is a no go. They regenerate to full life.
So far this wasn't much of a problem, but I think with later map bosses this will become a problem for some.

The scarcity of support gems (drop only, no support gems as quest rewards) makes it harder to start a build that depends on said gems.

My first attempt was a cold EK crit assassin. I failed at Brutus, because with no support gem, EK was too weak.
Had I used viper strike and specced for that from the beginning, it would probably have been different.

However, one thing that I hoped to experience in Ruthless wasn't really there: feeling like being in end game from the start.
Act I was hard, sure, and for the first time since 2013 I had to scrap a build as early as Brutus.
But it was easy to adapt to that and the next char got me deathless to Act IV now.
Let's seen what the future brings and especially the Kitava debuffs - because without a lot of loot, no piles of crafting currency and no crafting bench, getting those resists up will be a challenge.

So far it's been a lot of fun.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I played a character through to early maps and really enjoyed it. Not something I'll do all the time but a character or two in the back half of a league will be cool.
We tested it extensively
Was the alpha with new rare mods or with current AN modifiers?
"You can still get moderately powerful and moderately fast. When your build is working well it feels mechanically like playing a mediocre build in normal PoE"

Meh.

I dont think feedback is largely positive. I think they agree it is harder, so it achieved the goal. Thats not positive or negative.

"I ran A10 Kitava for a while before maps to gear up, and he dropped 1-4 rares per run."

Ok, so you farm act bosses for rares for a long time till you get decent gear.

I guess if you just want the normal PoE experience to take longer to get to the same place, it seems like a go. If you have too much time in your life, and need more gaming time, this is for you.

"
Xyel wrote:
Was the alpha with new rare mods or with current AN modifiers?

Current AN.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Interesting. From the feedback I've read, it sounds like RTrade is about half slower standard PoE, but RSSF is actually ruthless...
can somone tell me how does it make sense to lift NDA but still dont allow it to be streamed? why not allow it? dont they wanna get more people to play ruthless...do they not realize streamers wont play it if they arent allowed to stream it? why even not allow it in the first place what is the 5head reason behind it
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
can somone tell me how does it make sense to lift NDA but still dont allow it to be streamed? why not allow it? dont they wanna get more people to play ruthless...do they not realize streamers wont play it if they arent allowed to stream it? why even not allow it in the first place what is the 5head reason behind it

Streamers will play Ruthless in 3.20 with fresh emotions, it will be way better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info