Monster Mods FAQ

"
heil_mods_ wrote:
Definitely some good changes, finally. Now I just hope that the modifiers won't be as deadly in T1 maps as they are right now, and the difficulty is pushed towards red maps in favour of smoother progression early on.

This "im forced to roll MF" outrage is hilarious tho, you 'forced' to juice and MF and play in a 6-man group to enjoy the game these days I guess. I don't think so.

Thats not the issue for me personally.
Alot of people follow meta's or are slaves to what a steamer does.

For me its seeing my correlation between what my character can do vs what rewards i get for doing harder content.

The whole im forced to run MF is a phrasing of a misunderstood concept.
Nobody ever forces you to do anything in this game.
The reason alot of people are upset is because they dont see a relative increase in reward towards the progression and difficulty of their character.

Party play was always in a strange spot and i personally never favoured the huge increase in quant or rarity that gave.

But you cant say that a solo player that has a character that is weaker in all aspects but runs faster should get more rewards then a character doing tier 16 max juiced content just because they get more chances of getting lucky rng combinations.
That feels bad dont you agree?

Nice
Discord: MatiPR73#8688
Idiom: Español (native) / English (fluid)
Talking about nothing yet...

What is the point of diminishing returns?
If its near 100 IIR, its ok, but if its near 500-800IIR to get RARE or UNIQ item, we'll have dead league.

You cannt invest in IIR on non-meta builds, so no reason to play other build than MF.

I personally really liked how the flask drops and quality currency drops in 3.19 took some of the tedium out of getting your flasks set up. I see how the full conversion was frustrating for some people but maybe we can get "drops additional flasks" or "drops additional quality currency" or something.
In regards with MF and conversions, specifically raw currency like divine orb, I found that 3.19 was economically in a very bad place and here is why:

The small rich % of players earned mostly raw currency from their play session, instead of items they needed to sell. (MF is exceptional with HH and Mageblood)

Normally the rich players earned items, or components for items, that they resold to the majority of the player base. And thus majority of raw currency came from the entire player base killing monsters.

This lead to 3.19 having majority of the player base not earning raw currency, and only the experienced players that knew how to craft items to enter a state where they could earn raw currency if they started off poor. Leaving only the most knowledgeable players with currency to play the game.

In my opinion, MF should not be a way to farm raw currency especially not the best way to earn raw currency.
For those that feel that HH got nerfed, here is the TL;DR of why it did not exactly get a nerf:

AN Rares had 2-4 tags, equating to 8-16 mods. This made rare monsters difficult to engage with in terms of strategy.
Now rares will have 2-4 mods. The mods will be individually buffed to pose as great of a challenge as a AN tags.

Thus the pool of say 300 mods are individually stronger, but you steal 3-4 times less per kill. Remember that old HH had 20 second stacking mods, we now have 60 stronger non stacking mods. It should be variable if it is stronger or weaker depending on how strong each individual mod is buffed.
This post is more gold, ty.

I very much appreciate that they are taking the extra time to really try and fine-tune literally all of our concerns before setting anything in stone.

I might have missed it, but are minions still dead or was that fixed at some point? I'll play either way but curious for my league start choice.
Mobile games have better trading...
It is already the point again where i frustrated go out of POE.
I like this game really.
To make progress and jump into bunches of monster and kill them and get more or less loot is good.

But

Kill a map almost without effort and then meet a monsters who kills me 6x with no effort ist not really fine-tuned.

Its ok in red maps - but in a Tier 2 map???

Your changes who come also do solve this problem i hope.
Make it hard - yes. Make some scary monster - yes.

But not a Tier 100 monster in a Tier 2 map.

I played a lot HC earlier - but for me ist over. I got so frustrated with that "fine-tuned" monsters.

So, pls. Do what you promise here and make it more tuned. Let the Tier 100 monster in a Tier 16+ map and put maybe a Tier 5 monster in a Tier 2 map...

It would be a shame, when this game looses even more players and will then die sometimes...
"
BNightwolf wrote:
For those that feel that HH got nerfed, here is the TL;DR of why it did not exactly get a nerf:

AN Rares had 2-4 tags, equating to 8-16 mods. This made rare monsters difficult to engage with in terms of strategy.
Now rares will have 2-4 mods. The mods will be individually buffed to pose as great of a challenge as a AN tags.

Thus the pool of say 300 mods are individually stronger, but you steal 3-4 times less per kill. Remember that old HH had 20 second stacking mods, we now have 60 stronger non stacking mods. It should be variable if it is stronger or weaker depending on how strong each individual mod is buffed.

The problem with this analysis is that it does not take into consideration that archnemesis modifiers had similar modifiers that stacked. For an example:
Flameweaver:
Spoiler

25% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage
50% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
50% increased Fire Damage
+50% to Fire Resistance
50% reduced effect of Scorch
Inflicts Fire Exposure on Hit (10%)

Magma Barrier:
Spoiler
50% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage
25% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
30% increased Fire Damage
+40% to Fire Resistance
25% additional Physical Damage Reduction
Surrounded by a Magma Barrier that takes 90% of Damage from Hits up to a fixed amount
When the Magma Barrier is depleted it explodes for massive Fire Damage
Barrier returns 10 seconds after exploding
Periodically spawns Volatile Flamebloods that chases the player while within 70 units of a player[4], accelerating over time (9 second cooldown)

Flamestrider:
Spoiler
50% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage
25% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
30% increased Fire Damage
+40% to Fire Resistance
50% reduced effect of Scorch
Ignite on Hit
200% increased Ignite Damage
Leaves a Trail of Burning Ground
Trigger Inferno Bolt when Hit (0.5s global cooldown)
Rare Minions create Flame Beacons on Death

Since modifiers only do 1 specific thing now, none of the modifiers will have things that stack like archnemesis did. So unless the modifiers give a substantial amount more than all of the stacking buffs combined, it is an overall nerf. It needs to be a substantial amount more because you are still getting less modifiers in total because the nerf to rare monster spawns isn't being reverted.

On a side note, I'm curious how they are going to handle modifiers like "% increased fire damage". Since modifiers only do 1 thing, this has a high chance of just being a dead mod because there is nothing that makes the mob deal fire damage.
Last edited by KaseyM21 on Nov 18, 2022, 11:49:08 AM
Any chance we will be able to spec into additional mods on the map passives? If they have 1-4 mods, can we spec into having an additional 1/2/3 (multi point investment) and still roll the 1-4 to having 7 if we want that challenge? It sounds like that would also increase the reward scaling from the original post saying that it was more likely to have the special reward the more mods it had.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info