Monster Mods FAQ

"
Nuyuu wrote:
So are you saying loot goblins stay, and so will culling services... I knew something was wrong

Nowhere in that post did it say either of these things. Culling services also make no sense at all if you do not know which mob actually has the "good" loot. Are you inviting a culler to go with you through the whole map? That is called party play...
"
Serdoa wrote:
"
Nuyuu wrote:
So are you saying loot goblins stay, and so will culling services... I knew something was wrong

Nowhere in that post did it say either of these things. Culling services also make no sense at all if you do not know which mob actually has the "good" loot. Are you inviting a culler to go with you through the whole map? That is called party play...

His more on enforcing the whole league will be MF meta running in all parties.
I like the changes.

For all those crying about MF meta. Its always MF meta if MF is in the game. You cant buff the loot pool if there is MF in the game.

And no. No one is forcing you to make a MF character or get culling services. thats the biggest load of horse she*t i have ever heard.

If you are playing trade league and you like trading and thats the fun you see in the game you will make a MF character. (no shame in that)
If you play the game for the game play and to build a strong character you wont do MF coz its stupid. (imo)
If you play SSF you cant have it all. The loot pools are huge. If you want a certain unique you will look up on how to get it. If you want a good rare, you will craft it.

If you wanna do 5+ geared chars per league and you run out of currency its kinda on you...

MF is dumb in general and shouldn't be in the game.

Love you all.
Please just not go over with defense and hp stacking. At least in white maps, they are currently most annoying to run when you have no gear after acts and kinda no way of getting gear because your resists just get nerfed to the ground. :)
TL;DR version is >> NOT YET
IV
Last edited by Alipoe on Nov 18, 2022, 4:46:46 AM
I wish they'd just get rid of MF entirely, it only ever existed in older arpgs as a solution for players who want better loot in exchange for greater risk, but poe has other, better ways to do that so adding it on top just makes it an overcentralizing trade league affix that makes content feel unrewarding compared to what you could get by abusing it

Still, I'm enough of a realist to know that it'll never actually get trashed entirely cuz that'd elicit too many crocodile tears and rent garments amongst the playerbase. That said I do hope they've at least axed the completely broken rarity level -> currency conversion rare mod, it warped trade leagues pretty badly and should never have made it into the game
Last edited by Kanjiedge on Nov 18, 2022, 4:47:20 AM
PLs...
make finally some changes for casual players. Like Mephisto Runs or Cow Runs in Diablo 2 to get better gear or items 4 Trade.
to get into the endgame in poe, you must play min.6 hours per day...

the preparation of maps and crafting etc. takes to much time. and is very boring.

greetings.
yey messing about with reward conversion so fun /sarcasm

can we please leave alone reward conversion and just use the generic Rarity/Quantity? It was all fine until the reward conversion nation attacked.
"
Mods will not be able to stack (as many can't function when stacked). There are more mods to steal, which is a buff to the upper end of Headhunter gameplay.

Can we stack or at least reset the duration of a stolen mod when we get a mod we've already got?
Glad for the changes, only this answer concerns me:

"
Does this mean I'm forced to play Magic Find all the time now?

If you're able to sacrifice character power for magic find then, you'll find more and better items. That was true before 3.19 and is the nature of magic find in Action RPGs. Note that magic find has diminishing returns, so a small investment can go a long way.

Of course MF always has affected the quality of a dropped piece of gear, but I think the main problem is if the currency conversion reward is still affected by this. If so, there will be a very limited amount of top MF map clear builds and everything else isn't worth playing if it makes the difference between dropping 1-2 divines if you happen to kill such rare mob or dropping 10++ divines (considering playing solo)
Last edited by sham_pain on Nov 18, 2022, 6:50:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info