Jewel Changes FAQ

So more dilution of mods on jewels, yikes.

Nerf harvest removing mods to only put them back in a worse manner, totally a GGG maneuver.

This next league is going to be a disaster.

There’s no way ailment avoidance isn’t getting gutted on tree, gear, and ascendancy with this change. No way.

Maybe see you in 4 months.
"
warpg8 wrote:
There are 3 massive issues with the manifesto and subsequent follow-up:

1) This was not an existing problem, but a new problem created by GGG when they removed the jewel implicits from Harvest for no discernable reason. This was a self-inflicted problem for which we had a superior solution literally 1 league ago.

2) In a world where you've taken away mana reservation efficiency time and time again, you're now pushing people in the far more efficient direction of just running Purity of Elements. Giving back 2% MRE as a possible jewel explicit does not make up for the fact that we lost the MRE mastery.

3) You committed to taking feedback. This change has had overwhelmingly negative feedback. You showed up here in this announcement to double-down and essentially say you're not actually taking feedback, but simply making decisions and then going into further detail about the intent behind them. The change is bad. The feedback is "don't fucking implement this".

Every single time we utilize a jewel mod affix for ailment immunity, we're giving EHP or damage. This is just another thinly-veiled attempt and slowing players down. All that's going to happen is you're going to see the usage of Purity of Elements spike as people roll MRE on every jewel they can, since Purity of Elements makes us immune to all elemental ailments and the MRE that enables us to run it alongside the other mandatory defensive auras benefits us anyway.

It's never been more clear that you all don't play your own game.

I like this post, lol. I agree. I think the changes to ailment mechanics on jewels are making the game worse compared to harvest implicits. These changes aren't impactful, especially ailment duration/effect. They don't lead to interesting ways to itemize your character, they just push you to use the known ways to mitigate ailments (affixes on boots/shield/body armour or purity of elements.)

I have no idea why GGG has a crusade against unique items. Changing drop rates, removing uniques, changing farming locations, etc. Why change it at this point. I don't trust GGG to make ANY changes to drops after the fiasco last league and prior leagues. Who cares if I don't use a unique jewel, I'd rather you spend your time implementing better changes that improve the game.

I can't believe they said that adding mods to the mod pool for jewels is only a marginal nerf. How many jewels do you pick up each league that even sell? You're diluting good jewels with useless mods. It's a straight up nerf and act like it isn't. They think they are taking a step forward (they aren't) and at the same time are taking a step backwards. We aren't even at the starting point, we are three steps behind, considering we went two steps backwards with harvest crafts and now we will have worse jewels.
"
Abyss Jewels can roll up to 50% Ailment Avoidance.

Oh my god I'm going to have a reason to do Abyss. I have no idea how I feel about this. Going to settle on "salt".
Every death brings me life.
rip conquerors efficiency, survival instincts and poachers aim. big sadges all around. Mana reservation is going to be extremely time consuming to roll on a decent jewel since it doesn't have a tag. This is really a nerf to early game, as that's when you need the RMR the most, for your defence.

I would also like to point out that we used to have ailment avoidance implicits that solved the problem of ailment avoidance pretty handily. what happened to those? ah right.
"
Emertus wrote:

1) being forced to do harvest is bad, actually. It was not created by harvest changes at all.

2) you have no idea what the number will be, and removing the mastery was good for the game

3) it has only had "overwhelmingly negative feedback" in your head and in your reddit circles. Many of us are very happy about this. Tray reading some comments on this post. The feedback is not "don't do this," get out of your own echo chamber.
/quote]

How in the world was removing 15% Mastery good for the game? You can´t just look at one change without regarding other changes, like the Divine Blessing one. The only thing all of this has accomplished is that many caster builds now just go EB. Now how was that healthy in any way.

And no, overwhelmingly negative feedback wasn´t just on Reddit, they´ve in fact been here in the Forum. Whilst it probably is true that some people might be happy about this for now we will see how this changes when the new League hits and suddenly people don´t get their -9 Mana cost anymore in case they remove the mod entirely.
"
Razzenit wrote:
RIP Conqueror's Efficiency and Replica Conqueror's Efficiency
RIP Survival Secrets and To Dust (Wardloop getting a double whammy)

You will be missed.

F

Did you even read the post? They literally said To Dust stays. Just that it's corruption only, so you'll miss out on the ability to fit in a corruption implicit, generally speaking.
Thanks for coming back a day later to address some of the questions we had, it is appreciated.

Ailment mitigation sounds like it's going to be in a lot better place, and I'm also happy to hear that mana reservation is getting moved to the main pool of mods, it should make picking them up and identifying them have a bit more value I think.
"
ok 1/5 of the manifestos do not contain nerfs.

let's see what 2/5 brings :)

If you are looking at BALANCE MANIFESTOS and trying to NOT see nerfs then please play another game. This lack of insight is just setting you up for failure and you would be better off spending time playing another game then ranting in the forums over your failed expectations due to blatant ingnorance.
"
Conqueror's Efficiency: its mana reservation stat has been moved to the regular Jewel mod pool.

Now that's hot.
Her beauty did not fade
her humanity did not survive.
"
Are other forms of ailment mitigation being nerfed to offset the buff to Jewels?

No

...OK, but considering people are frequently suggesting these changes will just make people run Purity of Elements more often, I have to wonder whether that aura is going to see a major change and this "no" has unclear context that would exclude it.

That and, of course, the "they're more guidelines than rules" disclaimer means these answers might be true now and completely reversed later.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info