Jewel Changes FAQ

Please, GGG, while you're at this, please consider buffing or at the very least remove the stat requirements when socketing Combat Focus Jewels.

It's already very outdated and it limits HARD the way I actually want to build my character forcing me to path out of my intended "build", lets say I want to socket 2 jewels to make me use only fire damage, but i have nothing worth for a build in the lower side of the tree near duelist, and i mean nothing at all, I'm still forced to go there just to socket a jewel and NOTHING else.

These restrictions on STR/DEX/INT in jewels do not do any good at all. It's just HARSLY limits whatever building options I have cause i'm forced to waste more then 10+ points just to reach a jewel socket, and let's not forget that i'm AT THE SAME TIME limiting myself from 2 entire jewel sockets just to make sure that I do 1 Type of damage and invest in it. Prismatic Skills do NOT work like Triple elemental damage as people do with LS. I can only do 1 damage type at a time and I have to choose which one to invest in. Allowing 3 or 2 damage types in prismatic skills severely harms the damage output later on and to offset that, I have to path on the tree wasting more then 10 or even 15+ points sometimes just to reach 1 jewel socket. It makes no sense. Please at the very least. Remove the attribute requirements for Combat Focus jewels. It's BAD
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
Hucuchill wrote:
"
cdrpoe wrote:
You realize Survival Secrets is pretty much necessary for wardloop to function, right? That's the definition of build-enabling. That build can't give up a slot to "another unique item" either, it has to be a jewel.
Who cares about wardloop, the build should be gone, sooner or later.

Why ? Are you a GGG employee in disguise who secretly hate having fun ?

This is why melee is in this state in this game...cuz nerfs over nerfs over nerfs.

You sad cuz you cannot understand the build or what ?

are you aware that the build is more than fine atm,just get more flask duration or smth,play pathfinder, requires more invest smh,that build clears whole game very easily,idk about fun bro i have my part in this game,you do you,and no i understand wardloop clearly,i was making builds in closed beta and have more than 10k+ hours,in this game,last epoch,diablo2-3,grimdawn,torchlight,i have a big torchlight channel that used to be popular in the past too,so peace man,...
First Mirror drop at t8 pier map in legacy league :D
Second Mirror drop at t16 promenade map in delirium league :D
Gods knows what happened in affliction league... :L
Rip wardloop. You were a fun build. Now you are gone and will be missed. Another build bites the dust.
Last edited by HedgeMoney on Nov 16, 2022, 4:17:46 PM
Nice, these were some needed changes.
Keep up the good work GGG.
"Some specific stats from some of these Jewels are being added to the regular Jewel mod pool, such as mana reservation efficiency."

"No, if the base Jewel has been removed, its Replica version will also be removed."

I guess the stats being moved to the regular pool are the more niche ones, so my question is: Replica Conqueror's Efficiency had 2 niche effects, +# Rage and Non-Channelling cost reduction; are those two being moved to the regular mod pool as well? Or one of these at least. It's getting kinda bothersome to have to craft reduced cost on every ring, or rely on Eldritch Battery in every build.
"
jrv209 wrote:
Any hint as to where the primordial jewels will drop? I really hope you make them drop from the map bosses that are golems. Off the top of my head, there is Peninsula, Vault and Grotto that have golem bosses. This would give these maps value especially in SSF.

I was wondering that, but GGG said
"
Some other build-enabling Jewels that affect Golems can no longer drop but can be found from another more deterministic source. While we want you to discover this new source on your own during gameplay, we will say for clarity that these Jewels do not come from vendor recipes.

So if they don't drop, are "more deterministic", and don't have a recipe, all I can think is that there are cards (possibly dropped from golems or golem bosses) which can be used to get them.
Or it's an optional quest reward, maybe. More useful than Fairgraves' rings.
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
With sometime to have thought this over the passed few days:

The suggested changes seem ok...but...

1. Making unique jewels "rarer" isn't exactly great

In fact, this is terrible news. So many of us utilize some of these unique jewels to help us out. Lioneye, unnatural instinct, impossible escape... Pushing the goal post AGAIN is NOT acceptable. Leave the drop rates alone, they're already scarce enough. I don't want to pay 50 div for an unnatural instinct, i don't think anyone wants to pay 50 div for an unnatural instinct. Nor do they want to overpay for any of the overscarce unique jewels in the game.

The affect on the players time is the bigger problem. I get "wanting items to feel special;" But, for many of us, getting these items after grinding for a week does feel special. Now, how long? two weeks? three? Probably never based on passed data analysis of the games drop rate nerfs. So many of us left this league because of antics like this and yet, this is brought up. Do not nerf the drops rates.

2. We had enchants for jewels.

Why not just bring them back instead of making us go fish? I guess with all the unique jewels we won't have anymore, we'll have plenty of space for ailment avoidance. How thoughtful. Nevermind we'll now choose between amplifying our build and ailment avoidance. What a novel idea...

3. fix the passive tree ailment avoidance [not just for the raider and pathfinder].

how about just juicing the passive tree with more than those weak ailment node clusters in incredibly annoying places that require extroardinary sacrifice. Almost no builds can afford to path into those.

4. Stop making us stack auras.

IIRC, ggg hated aura stackers. Yet here we are stacking auras because we literally cannot play the game without [determination|purity of elements| precision]. GGG devs lowered the cost of accuracy, but even with most of the accuracy nodes on the right half of the tree, we're barely reaching 100/95. Ailment nodes are impossible to map to in most builds. Mobs do so much phys damage you can't live with phys ehp >= 75k. Evasion doesn't keep you live and offers nothing in the way of damage mitigation. It doesn't even matter if you're 80% evade chance, you're gunna get hit and you're gunna die, over and over again. I think most of us don't mind dying to things we felt like we deserve to die to, standing in a savage hit, not dodging a power up...but dying to a random white mob feels terrible. dying to some random punch in the face we couldn't see coming, feels terrible. Just make the passives stronger without making us sacrifice sooooo much of our resources to mana reservation. feels terrible.

determination has become mandatory...and its a meme at this point.

5. Attribute weights

For some ungodly reason, stats that reeaalllyy make the difference for builds have been given way too many changes to their weights. Making players have to choose between "wow, i got this one good stat, but i can barely use this item" and " wow i got this one good stat but i can't even use this item" and recompile their entire build to fit it. For example, +2 arrows on bows is impossible to roll naturally. For the small price of 10-80 divines, depending on if you're lucky, you can fracture the mod or buy one of the bows for 30-40 div. the chance of getting it on an item and having that item be usable is nearly 0. I get wanting to have chase stats...but this is completely unreasonable. +2 spell skills, minions, and so on. Make it hard, sure. Make it 30-40 div for just the base? No. That's ridiculous. The 35/3% jewel mods are also insane.

6. Philosophical issues

As a team, yall just keep creating artificial difficulty by weakening us and then making us invest stupid amounts of currency to just play the game effectively. The transformatation feeling is there for a little while during white to yellow maps/low tier reds...only to get completely deflated when you ACTUALLY make it into the endgame, t16 maps with scarabs, sextants, etc.the 40 c char build days are long gone, instead we find we're spending 100-150 div just to not have off stat gear or mechanical designs that actually work with all nerfs brought to skills this passed year.

Like...playing against rogue exiles this league really made me feel bad. If they're true to what our previous powers were like...we're not even a shadow of what we used to be. That's really, really sad.
"
doom212 wrote:
With sometime to have thought this over the passed few days:

The suggested changes seem ok...but...

1. Making unique jewels "rarer" isn't exactly great

In fact, this is terrible news. So many of us utilize some of these unique jewels to help us out. Lioneye, unnatural instinct, impossible escape... Pushing the goal post AGAIN is NOT acceptable. Leave the drop rates alone, they're already scarce enough. I don't want to pay 50 div for an unnatural instinct, i don't think anyone wants to pay 50 div for an unnatural instinct. Nor do they want to overpay for any of the overscarce unique jewels in the game.

The affect on the players time is the bigger problem. I get "wanting items to feel special;" But, for many of us, getting these items after grinding for a week does feel special. Now, how long? two weeks? three? Probably never based on passed data analysis of the games drop rate nerfs. So many of us left this league because of antics like this and yet, this is brought up. Do not nerf the drops rates.

2. We had enchants for jewels.

Why not just bring them back instead of making us go fish? I guess with all the unique jewels we won't have anymore, we'll have plenty of space for ailment avoidance. How thoughtful. Nevermind we'll now choose between amplifying our build and ailment avoidance. What a novel idea...

3. fix the passive tree ailment avoidance [not just for the raider and pathfinder].

how about just juicing the passive tree with more than those weak ailment node clusters in incredibly annoying places that require extroardinary sacrifice. Almost no builds can afford to path into those.

4. Stop making us stack auras.

IIRC, ggg hated aura stackers. Yet here we are stacking auras because we literally cannot play the game without [determination|purity of elements| precision]. GGG devs lowered the cost of accuracy, but even with most of the accuracy nodes on the right half of the tree, we're barely reaching 100/95. Ailment nodes are impossible to map to in most builds. Mobs do so much phys damage you can't live with phys ehp >= 75k. Evasion doesn't keep you live and offers nothing in the way of damage mitigation. It doesn't even matter if you're 80% evade chance, you're gunna get hit and you're gunna die, over and over again. I think most of us don't mind dying to things we felt like we deserve to die to, standing in a savage hit, not dodging a power up...but dying to a random white mob feels terrible. dying to some random punch in the face we couldn't see coming, feels terrible. Just make the passives stronger without making us sacrifice sooooo much of our resources to mana reservation. feels terrible.

determination has become mandatory...and its a meme at this point.

5. Attribute weights

For some ungodly reason, stats that reeaalllyy make the difference for builds have been given way too many changes to their weights. Making players have to choose between "wow, i got this one good stat, but i can barely use this item" and " wow i got this one good stat but i can't even use this item" and recompile their entire build to fit it. For example, +2 arrows on bows is impossible to roll naturally. For the small price of 10-80 divines, depending on if you're lucky, you can fracture the mod or buy one of the bows for 30-40 div. the chance of getting it on an item and having that item be usable is nearly 0. I get wanting to have chase stats...but this is completely unreasonable. +2 spell skills, minions, and so on. Make it hard, sure. Make it 30-40 div for just the base? No. That's ridiculous. The 35/3% jewel mods are also insane.

6. Philosophical issues

As a team, yall just keep creating artificial difficulty by weakening us and then making us invest stupid amounts of currency to just play the game effectively. The transformatation feeling is there for a little while during white to yellow maps/low tier reds...only to get completely deflated when you ACTUALLY make it into the endgame, t16 maps with scarabs, sextants, etc.the 40 c char build days are long gone, instead we find we're spending 100-150 div just to not have off stat gear or mechanical designs that actually work with all nerfs brought to skills this passed year.

Like...playing against rogue exiles this league really made me feel bad. If they're true to what our previous powers were like...we're not even a shadow of what we used to be. That's really, really sad.

Well said, but ggg is a company that doesn't like fun, so you basically just wrote a guide on how to make it worse for us, stop helping them.
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
Hucuchill wrote:
"
cdrpoe wrote:
You realize Survival Secrets is pretty much necessary for wardloop to function, right? That's the definition of build-enabling. That build can't give up a slot to "another unique item" either, it has to be a jewel.
Who cares about wardloop, the build should be gone, sooner or later.

Why ? Are you a GGG employee in disguise who secretly hate having fun ?

This is why melee is in this state in this game...cuz nerfs over nerfs over nerfs.

You sad cuz you cannot understand the build or what ?

are you aware that the build is more than fine atm,just get more flask duration or smth,play pathfinder, requires more invest smh,that build clears whole game very easily,idk about fun bro i have my part in this game,you do you,and no i understand wardloop clearly,i was making builds in closed beta and have more than 10k+ hours,in this game,last epoch,diablo2-3,grimdawn,torchlight,i have a big torchlight channel that used to be popular in the past too,so peace man,...

You do know the build requires almost a mirror to do well in end game, it's prone to some disadvantages like cannot do intense chaos damage simulacrums...

After the great nerf to CWDT in kalandra we took like 50% damage nerf.

The build is fine...There are other builds that with a mirror investment pulverize content like Ubers...Some of them do that with less.

The only thing people are annoyed about this build is that it does so with perfect use of game mechanics while pressing 2 buttons...That's the only problem with people...

The hypocrisy is off the charts, they say they like builds like ice-crash and wirllwind and once they see that a build can walk around ( like death's oath or rf) they just become butthurt that they cannot do the same.

I hope you are literate enough to understand that calling for nerfs to builds will only end in making the pool of builds capable of playing the game in end game even less smaller than it is right now. And this is the common problem with designing games, instead of making other things more attractive you just nerf the ones that people still make work and call it balance..

I will wait for the official manifesto to be out with all the changes, but it's pretty sure that GGG will just carry on with the mission of destroying fun like they did league after league, until nothing is left of this game.

This is all Steelmages fault for being a w@anker, and making videos like "no hands...walking simulator"
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Nov 17, 2022, 1:52:41 AM
If your removing "Poacher's Aim" I hope you are adding Pierce to jewels themselves. If not that's a Huge letdown...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info