Jewel Changes FAQ

"
YoukaiNingen wrote:
"
saliphax87 wrote:
"
If you're looking for a very specific outcome on your Jewel and have no use for ailment mitigation modifiers, it may be marginally more difficult to roll your Jewels. However, the average outcome for Jewels should be better.

Translation-

"Problem: who cares

Solution: We are making it harder for you. Fuck you."

thanks ggg, keep up the good work

^The average entitled PoE player who thinks a jewel is absolutely useless unless it has a Life/ES roll and 3 damage rolls that perfectly suit his build.

Why are people so delusional and tunnel on only the "perfect" outcome instead of settling for "good" outcomes. The game isn't about everyone having the perfect BIS gear and it never was, that's Diablo 3.

yup, PoE = RPG D3 = action game.
Mana res efficiency going on the regular jewel pool is huge! Really should have had this for the removal of the mastery, but glad it is here!!! Changes sound good on the surface! Seems to be a win with this manifesto in my opinion!
So again overall nerf...
avoidance is already WAY better than reduced effect/duration, so why is that mod higher?

and, if the point is to get rid of useless jewels, why the hell are you removing jewels like replica conquerors efficiency, which is one of the best unique jewels? u nuts? it's literally the biggest item that allows me to reach 0 mana cost on most of my attack builds
Last edited by auspexa on Nov 15, 2022, 7:46:13 PM
"
"
Are other forms of ailment mitigation being nerfed to offset the buff to Jewels?

No

...OK, but considering people are frequently suggesting these changes will just make people run Purity of Elements more often, I have to wonder whether that aura is going to see a major change and this "no" has unclear context that would exclude it.

That and, of course, the "they're more guidelines than rules" disclaimer means these answers might be true now and completely reversed later.

They could go for Vaal Impurity of Elements and make enemies take increased damage from elemental hits and all elemental ailments effects. And change the immunity from purity, make it reduced effect 50% or scaling.
Bye Bye all the builds that rely solely on Replica Conq Efficiency
"
auspexa wrote:
avoidance is already WAY better than reduced effect/duration, so why is that mod higher?

and, if the point is to get rid of useless jewels, why the hell are you removing jewels like replica conquerors efficiency, which is one of the best unique jewels? u nuts? it's literally the biggest item that allows me to reach 0 mana cost on most of my attack builds

You just said it yourself, it allows you to reach 0 mana cost and that means more power for us as players and they have clearly shown their "Vision" means wanting us as players to have LESS power
You missed: What about Alternate Ailments?

Brittle

Scorch

Sap

Do the jewels block 50% "Fire ailment avoidance" or only "Burn avoidance"
Nice !
Bad Seed
It might become really difficult to craft what we need with the current crafting methods. As many other said, the mods are too many and the crafting methods, introduced in the game so far, produce poor results since a big part of them is based on pure luck.

I don’t mind the changes but to be positive changes they must address actual problems and/or aim to improve the functionality of the game mechanics.

PS Sorry for my English

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info