3.20 Balance Manifesto: Jewels and Ailment Mitigation

Well, one is the change and promise they made, but than we will look how it is in real.
Its not the first time they lied to us.
We will see what happens. Its not the first time that they are lying to us.
GGG why do you think that ppl gather avoidance on jewels ?
Jewels are just a good source for life+dps (and missing parts like att or res or flat smth).
Now the mod pool is bigger, with miserable avoidance. Great. Craft harder for you dps+life jewel yeeeeeeah. Sryrocket prices for good jewels.
For unique jewels - have nothing to say, except that you still have 0.0000001 % chance to drop smth valuable like intuitive leap or smth.
Extremely short-sighted changes to jewel mod pools.

There should be people in the company who you pay to tell you when you are about to exploit a bad idea, such as this. We never should have seen this mistake
"
arandan wrote:
I'm beyond confused by these changes and why development time is being wasted on non-issues.
Nobody has ever used jewels for ailment mitigation, nor will they going forward, unless you also nerfed boots implicit and/or suffix.

It is beyond idiotic to expect me to waste a mod on a 4 mod jewel, where in current game, for most non-crit builds ALL 4 of them need to be damage in order to justify TWO talent points spent on the socket.
You're also competing in this space with filler resist/attribute suffix, and %life/flat life prefix.

As far as unique jewel changes - it is impossible to populate the drop pool with highly desirable items only.
Some (most) of them are still going to be trash that you never pick up, hence the only thing you'll have achieved with this change is diluting the game further and most probably disabling even more choices.

You've effectively created multiple problems while trying to 'solve' issues that never existed in the first place. Why not focus on things that could actually improve the game going forward instead ?!?

I have to agree
"
Any improvements we could make to this Jewel would have to fundamentally change its identity and would therefore essentially remove the Jewel in its current form from Path of Exile.

whoever wrote this should lose their job for lack of ability and knowledge of the game.

My friends and I have sat around talking about this fireborn jewel and how it could be improved, we were able to produce many minor tweaks and changes without remaking the idea.

Whoever said this is either lying, both to the players and their bosses, or is simply ignorant, far too ignorant to be making statements like this publicly for the company.
Irrelevant since common players will hardly ever loot them.

Sad but true.
The Dragon Hideout http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1076060
The Aesthetics of Evil http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1076060
The Garden of the Ancients http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1051755
-
Last edited by SubjektNull on Mar 11, 2024, 2:53:36 PM
There's nothing exciting regarding this, but it's not bad either.
sounds great. i like the idea of better uniqiues onon slots!
hype

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info