3.20 Balance Manifesto: Jewels and Ailment Mitigation

"Better access to sources of ailment mitigation, with less investment" sounds like a great goal, but these are busy affix pools. Better access feels like you'd need to partition the mod pool more with new jewel types, or buff crafting too much. Plus address all elemental ailments, not just one per affix. I'm also imagining these will be suffixes, competing with a lot of high value alternatives.

I am (hopefully unfoundedly) suspicious that this will be accompanied by nerfs to bench crafted ailment mitigation on gear and/or passive tree nodes to balance out the new means of obtaining it. Which would be a net nerf to ailment mitigation, increase contention for jewel slots, and reduce the opportunity to use unique jewels.

Unique jewel changes sound fun provided the big names remain or are replaced with new alternatives just as appealing.
I guess this is ok, but when are you gonna fix the things you broke with 3.19?
Ailment immunity is always welcome. However, the devil is in details and how is the mod pool curated. I am also afraid of loosing easy corrupting blood immunity, which became pretty mandatory once you go to maps. Reserving my judgement for patch notes.
DI ignite inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3080303/
(retired) MoMMeme hiero: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2487766
"
Players should no longer be burdened with predictable

another meme delivered
thanks, I guess?
"
Deitrlch wrote:
This is a nerf for minion builds and auto-casting scion. Hopefully, the ailment buffs are enough to mitigate this. It is also hilarious to me that they have hard nerfed skele mages two leagues in a row. They must have an effigy of skele mages in their office that they just repeatedly beat.

This. My favorite build will now be much harder to accomplish, more expensive, and that after being nerfed multiple times.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
PROBLEM : we have useless items
Solution: Less drop rate

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH GREAT JOB! AMAZING!
So conqueror jewels are gone?
More reservation efficiency nerfs under the umbrella of "making things better" on top of diluting the affix pool for jewels making it harder to roll good ones.

The unique jewel rework was needed, for a long time now, especially with corrupt only jewels being almost always terrible.
The problem with removing some of those jewels though, is removing stuff that was build enabling.
That moment when you go 'oh boy is that time of year again' to 'huh. This is actually pretty neat.'
It's sound like something good... But I wait some Oglaf in realization.
Seems OK I guess? Always willing to see how it shakes out.

However a line like this always gets me worried: "every unique jewel that drops is very rare and highly desirable" ... for some reason you (GGG) think making something nearly impossible to farm for the normal people like me, makes it better somehow. The only thing is does it make me want to play less. I wish you had a better "knob" to turn than just going "Ruthless" on everything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info