3.20 Balance Manifesto: Jewels and Ailment Mitigation

"
oh dont worry, all sources of ailment avoidance will be nerfed, i just used purity as the most prominent example. their post will look something like this: "since we feel the new mods from the jewels add too much ailment avoidance, we had to reduce the numbers from other sources". basically create a fake problem in order to push a nerf dressed as a solution to that fake problem. been happening in my country for my entire life, so im very experienced in noticing it

Would you then leave your speculation in your country. Dont need em here. Thx.
A. Crafting jewels with an expanded pool will be:
1. a pain for SSF
2. a cost increase for Trade
Either way, it makes it harder to finish your desired build. Here's an idea, if you think ailment resistance/ailment immunity needs fixing... why not... bring back the jewel enchants, hmmm?

B. I agree with the above poster who pointed out that making certain unique jewels 'corruption-only' messes with corrupted blood immunity & again:
1. a pain for SSF
2. a cost increase for Trade (buying corrupted blood unique jewels was always cheaper than buying good modded rares with corrupted blood when the build used both types)
3. a way of forcing talent usage instead of item usage like they did with spell suppression

C. New jewels as 'chase items': Chase items are only fun to chase when the game mechanics aren't unbearable until you catch them. (The 'suck it up until you make it big' mentality isn't for everyone.)

Non-deterministic crafting, spiky drop rates, mana reservation nerfs, defense mod nerfs ... now jewel 'fixes'.

I believe that GGG has good intentions but if you mess with too much stuff, you'll have all these cool new things and a player pool of 10-20k people to enjoy them.

I hope the 3.20 challenge rewards are worth the additional annoyance this fix will bring. :)
Ingame hobby: walking in and out of Al-Hezmin's Citadel to hear him whimpering "You've killed me a thousand times but those were just dreams... Let me out... please... let me out. Molten One, save me from this unending nightmare!"
Last edited by Ten_Thousand_Faces on Nov 15, 2022, 6:48:56 AM
I had no real expectations for this and was still let down. Bummer. 3.20 looks like it'll be the League that Path of Exile might lose the last of the goodwill.
"
Sparkyrino wrote:
"
oh dont worry, all sources of ailment avoidance will be nerfed, i just used purity as the most prominent example. their post will look something like this: "since we feel the new mods from the jewels add too much ailment avoidance, we had to reduce the numbers from other sources". basically create a fake problem in order to push a nerf dressed as a solution to that fake problem. been happening in my country for my entire life, so im very experienced in noticing it

Would you then leave your speculation in your country. Dont need em here. Thx.

if it were just my country, i wouldnt blame you for placing trust in ggg. but this is something they also have been doing for quite a few leagues, so anyone should know by now how to discern the PR talk from actual good news. in general, you are looking for vague statements, trigger words and shifting responsibilities. their post has it all.
"
Ravagraid wrote:
I don't think most people reading here realise that "build defining jewels are now corruption only" means that not only are they gonna be fucking rare, they're also gonna be impossible to reroll or put a craft on.

Just to clear up misinformation:

Only some build defining UNIQUE jewels will be corruption only, thus you CAN'T craft them anyway (except for maybe a corruption implicit you could've otherwise put on it). Secondly, they probably won't be as rare as that post anticipates, because corrupting jewels is a very quick and easy source of income for many people. Half-usable jewel with Life mod gets vaaled so much, that the market is swamped with good jewels and that also means, that because of that high frequency of corrupting jewels, there will also be a lot of accidental acquirements of the build defining unique jewels.

Lets be real: collecting jewel bases and throwing a vaal orb on each is so easy and fast, that it's likely to be a much faster and more deterministic way to acquire said unique jewels, even for SSF.

I see this as an absolute loot buff for the corruption jewels.
Arian Synthesis of G3
Wow! I hope they will introduce a jewel goblin as well!
"
Ludakriss wrote:
Even with the people still complaining I don't see folks reminding GGG that maybe removing the Mana Reservation Efficiency 15% node was fucking ass? GGG, pretty please, with a cherry on top, stop reducing available mana to play with and give back the mana reserve node?

bro after all the nerfs you worry about 15% mana haha

just use small custer jewels for mana reservation, it works fine.
"
We're making it so that every unique jewel that drops is very rare and highly desirable. This means that many existing unique Jewels have been removed from the drop pool. The intention is that now when you find a unique Jewel, it should almost always be a very positive experience

So, all in all it will be like always : you try to hype us with this BS, only to make us realize, that every good jewel or every good mod is now gated behind abyssal small dropchance-RNG-exalted-slam-vision and therefore out of reach for the vast majority of players.
Maybe you have higher Chance to get it from our beloved LootGoblinPinâta,
sO gEt yOuR mAgIc FiNd ChArAcTeRs ReAdY.

To make it clear without Sarcasm: I, and i guess i am not alone, totally lost faith in every decision you guys make. I really hope you realize, that maybe 3.20 is your last chance to deliver and i really hope, that you prove me wrong with my mindset

Fingers crossed !
Also please remove or redesign Forbidden pairs because right now getting a matching pair in SSF is straight up impossible. The drop rate of those isn't very high to begin with (about 10 percent) and then there are about 100 variations if not more. 1:1000 chance from a boss that takes 28 maps to open isn't happening.

If you want the jewel tax on this to remain high (2 jewels) there needs to be a cheap vendor recipe to create the other half. Put 1 half + any other jewel + orb of fusing to create a working pair.

A less elegant but still working solution - divine orb rerolls the skill on it.
Last edited by Esubane on Nov 15, 2022, 7:10:47 AM
you know how purity of elements says "you can nearby allies are immune to all ailments."

why cant there be a stat that says, "+10% to elemental ailment immunity."
or "+10% to corrupted blood/poison/bleed/blind/elemental/maim/punished/cursed"

like "immunity" can be for anything that can have a value up to 100% unlike resistances. which is capped at 90%

having so many complex things... and now spreading it over jewels, and have avoidance, reduced duration.. etc its just a mess.

and now with corrupting jewels trying to get immunity to corrupting blood i think is harder to get?

i think in life mastery nodes, elemental mastery nodes, energy shield nodes, armour, evasion nodes, curse, physical nodes, crit nodes you could have a source of x% immunity to X ailment... you can also just have a flat x% ailment immunity on jewels, cluster jewels, unique jewels, and also add it into the core mod pool on gear as a suffix.

kind of like spell suppression..

ailment immunity applies to EVERY ailment in the game.
it can be found as a suffix on any piece of gear/jewel/passive skill tree etc..

immunity minimizes effect, duration and avoidance.

so 50% ailment immunity gives you 50% less effect of ailments, 50% less duration of ailments and 50% chance to avoid ailments..

100% means you're completely immunne.

make it a rare stat, incredibly hard to get to 100% but you'll probably find having 50-60% of it is OP. then you just look for some cannot be frozen etc..

you can also have singular focused "immunity" stats.. bleed/poison/stun/corrupting blood etc.. that have a much higher value than general ailment immunity.

so you can wear
Last edited by jimhoward555 on Nov 15, 2022, 8:23:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info