3.20 Balance Manifesto: Jewels and Ailment Mitigation

"
Esubane wrote:
Also please remove or redesign Forbidden pairs because right now getting a matching pair in SSF is straight up impossible. The drop rate of those isn't very high to begin with (about 10 percent) and then there are about 100 variations if not more. 1:1000 chance from a boss that takes 28 maps to open isn't happening.

If you want the jewel tax on this to remain high (2 jewels) there needs to be a cheap vendor recipe to create the other half. Put 1 half + any other jewel + orb of fusing to create a working pair.

A less elegant but still working solution - divine orb rerolls the skill on it.

This would be awesome since it would also make the good ones more available to players.
the younger generation of gamers whine about everything lol.. its like they don't care that they sound like entitled children sometimes lol

the game was great this league, and the next league is going to be greater still from all i can tell

ty for all the hard work GGG
:3
What this post doesn't do is encourage me to play next league... That is the filter GGG should apply when creating posts such as these...

From (depressing) experience, what I expect to happen is that the useful unique jewels are removed, and that nothing worthwhile is added wrt. ailments for jewels...
Last edited by Cyzax on Nov 15, 2022, 7:52:53 AM
"
Totgestreamed wrote:
I'd rather have have the choice to not pick em up instead of not having them drop. But GGG you do you. OH you wanted the conquerors efficiency.. get rekt. some of you guys can pog all they want but filtering out worthless jewels is less annoying then chasing shit i need (and not just want).

You can't filter out worthless jewels cause they share base type, you need to look at every single one. Oo
Since your goal is to provide a chance for useful jewels from quest rewards in place of the already useful old unique jewels, consider one rare jewel in each rare jewel reward having a guaranteed fractured life or energy shield on it, or rolled as if fossiled with a few fossils so they're more likely to have synergistic rolls.
One step forward, three steps back, when will this end?
"
PmLeal wrote:
You can't filter out worthless jewels cause they share base type, you need to look at every single one. Oo

might be me just being a jew, but its better to have and not need, than need and not have
"
Shppy wrote:
So you're:

-diluting the rare jewel mod pool more

-making some unique jewels no longer capable of being sources of corrupt implicits (cuz the jewels themselves are now a result of corruption)

-taking away unique jewel rewards to instead give players a random rare that has nearly no chance of being useful to them and that they could easily acquire instead by just throwing an alch or chaos at a dropped jewel

- after taking away the ailment mitigation we used to get from harvest jewel implicits you're putting slightly higher values on the explicits no one wants to or will use because rolling a good rare jewel with the right ailment mitigation will be a nightmare and it'll take up an explicit mod we'd rather use on other stats

And you frame it all like you're doing us a favor, despite nearly everything you talked about being a nerf.

You made this far more complicated than you had to and for no real benefit. This could have been much simpler, more effective, and more well-received in just two steps:

-re-add harvest jewel implicits

-re-balance underperforming unique jewels.

Agree with some. But the unique jewels that drop corrupted will probably be able to drop with a implicit corruption. So you dont have to vaal your self and risk to brick it. Otherwise wy would they make them drop corrupted?...
Last edited by Rekill on Nov 15, 2022, 8:22:27 AM
This is actually a good start. Looks promising ngl. Anoints on jewels would be an interesting idea btw. We get so many oils could be a good dump for them.
Now jewels are the problem... rly ? Aaaand again problem / solution topic not going to end well.

Lets go for 18 jewels now, yep! (and non of them unique ofc)
Last edited by kory1979 on Nov 15, 2022, 8:36:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info