"There is a lot of cool stuff going on behind the scenes that we just can't talk about yet." - Bex

Better a truth that hurts than a lie that makes you happy.
"
Damn some of you are really bitter. Personally I'm excited to see what they have in store for 3.20.

Yea it's actually quite sad to see. However it's expected at this time between leagues, we're just now at when 3.19 would have normally ended 3 months after launch. And now that there's a couple more weeks before the new league, expect the bitterness to ramp up.
I'm exited to see how painful ruthless is going to be :)
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
Damn some of you are really bitter. Personally I'm excited to see what they have in store for 3.20.

What do you expect? Kalandra was a train wreck into a dumpster fire. Nothing went right, at all. CW lied by omission by saying that players weren't being nerfed, neglecting to say that AN mobs were getting buffed beyond reasonability, Minions were nerfed to dust, loot stopped dropping, reworked uniques weren't that useful, harvest was gutted, and I'm sure I left out some stuff.
"
jdp29 wrote:
"

What do you expect? Kalandra was a train wreck into a dumpster fire. Nothing went right, at all. CW lied by omission by saying that players weren't being nerfed, neglecting to say that AN mobs were getting buffed beyond reasonability, Minions were nerfed to dust, loot stopped dropping, reworked uniques weren't that useful, harvest was gutted, and I'm sure I left out some stuff.
The big thing was that they did not mention in manifesto or patch notes that they were removing bonuses to league monster rewards and Chris was only forced to admit it once Empyrian exposed how gutted loot rewards were. Anything they say about the game's future cannot be trusted anymore because now we know they are willing to omit information that are absolutely crucial to the game on its most fundamental level.
I really hope they make comeback with 3.20 and do something about AN and pinnatas loot
Teaser season starting as usual, Community team getting out of hybernation. Nothing new here, but I will be reading more between the lines.

If the loot goblin stays, I'll throw a tantrum.
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on Nov 13, 2022, 4:19:36 AM
"
pr13st wrote:
Teaser season starting as usual, Community team getting out of hybernation. Nothing new here, but I will be reading more between the lines.

If the loot goblin stays, I'll throw a tantrum.

What is interesting to me about this is why the loot goblin doesn't really work well in PoE. In Diablo3 the loot goblin is fun. I hear the goblin laugh from off screen and immediately start searching. If I see him on screen and don't quickly dispatch him then he disappears.

So what makes the loot goblin fun in one case and not a good mechanic in the other? Here's some thoughts on that. In D3 the laugh is important. It raises the excitement and triggers the search. It seems too that in D3 less loot is expected from the goblin. So there is not really an idea in my mind that I "have" to find one. It's more a sweet bonus in D3. It's hard for me to say though because I played very little this league. I'd be interested in the opinion of others and likely hold their opinion in higher regard than my own regarding the PoE side.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
jdp29 wrote:
"

How are we ever going to have a reasonable dialogue when people are exaggering/trolling/also "lying by omission"/misinformed because they played for 4 days and have decided what the 100 day league looked like, etc.

AN mobs were in a reasonable place by week 2-3 after hotfixing, which has been par for the course for the last 20+ leagues. It takes a moment. I agree there's more to do. We've already been promised an AN manifesto. I am hopefully.

Minions still an amazing archetype and I think they achieved their reasonable design goals. It could use some tweaks heading into 3.20 but its definitely not dusted. Necromancer still in the top half of ascendancies (and per design intent, more non-Necro minion players as well).

Loot dropped plenty after the day 4 or 5 hotfix. The communication problem was unfortunate.

I played a new build archetype to lvl 100 predicated on a new unique (and new Trickster).

Einhar Harvest memory is insanely expensive. Why is that?
Last edited by Gescom on Nov 13, 2022, 4:07:44 PM
If loot doesn't match triple beyond levels or nem3/nem4 and reforge keep suffix/prefix doesn't return I'm not cominb back. It's that simple.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info