Path of Exile Audio Team Q&A

Is it possible to make option to turn off sounds of gaining/loosing charges?
"
mmogger wrote:
As far as Path of Exile's sound system, would having a discrete audio card help with game performance on a PC?

This is generally a relic of the past.

Before CPUs had to codec sounds on the fly but built in audio solutions do this for them now. In best case situations you might see 1-3% increase in FPS. Most the time none and if you want the full potential and quality of the sound card you might get less.

Problems with PoE and sound processing is very much a design of the software.

Similar to a Lake Beyond tile dropping to 1 frame per 3 seconds on a 3080 with 32GB of RAM.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
how do u make sure ambiant music and sound don't sound repetitive?
I just want to put my appreciation in here for the audio design of the high-value drop noise used by the Neversink filter. (Divine/Mirror, and previously Exalted)

It's noisy and stands out plenty to alert you to the drop throughout the chaos, but not so noisy that it hurts your ears or annoys you. It's just a perfectly balanced sound effect that does its job perfectly.

(Also, can we get a separate subset of sliders for NPC, player, and boss voices? Some builds I need to hear if I'm out of mana or hear audio telegraphs from a boss over all my ability spam. But if I have to listen to Lani crack on about freedom one more time.. Ugh.)
When will the audio team record the dialogue for chapters 5-10 for some of the main characters who haven't been voiced yet? It's weird to have the Duelest and Templar with vocals, but the Marauder has nothing to say about Utula or Kitava or the Cultists?
Can we get the original theme of Lioneye's Eye Watch back. This is a soundtrack as iconic as Diablo I's guitar strumming intro to Tristram. This represents POE to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e3PCR9bfp0&t=113s

I would love to have this as a hideout option.
"
Odiumrus wrote:
Is it possible to make option to turn off sounds of gaining/loosing charges?

Dear god please this.

In general I love the sounds in this game, but the charge noise is so abrasive.
Last edited by zintzj on Oct 3, 2022, 10:28:24 PM
Why do you keep ignoring players that want archnemesis off?

It`s everything about everything instead of what players really want.
Last edited by Bolaway on Oct 3, 2022, 10:28:22 PM
Hey,
i bought 2 things this league. a unique stash tab that underwhelmed me because i realized i needed more than 1 of each unique.
and then i bought a music selector for my hideout. thats how good your music and sound is. good work!

How many voice actors would you guess have actually been involved in Path of Exile?
Is the one guy or gal responsible for like 50% of all monster screams and shrieks in the game, and then with a varied but less frequently used cast of people for the voiced npcs and bosses and such?

Sound design really really matters for me in games, and you guys are doing it right.
Some time after 3.14, the Heist ambient chatter from the different tilesets in blueprints was lost. Now all areas have the same soundtrack, a generic "empty warehouse with distant machinery noises" or some such.

The voice lines for various goons and patrols saying "Where do you think you're going?" "Stop, thief!" "How convenient, I needed a new corpse!" and "Outsiders are forbidden!" as well as the target in range but not visible
"Keep complaining, and you can clean the latrines!" line...all gone.

They were a small but enriching part of the Heist environment that cut the boredom of sneaking around and waiting for rogues to complete jobs.

Any ETA on their return to the sound settings of Heist?
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info