Path of Exile Audio Team Q&A

How did you record background screams in Lunaris Temple? Did you just ask people to scream, or there was some workarounds? Were there some stories related? :P
Any plans to make the mix more surround sound (5.1/7.1) friendly?

PoE has a great stereo mix on PC, but if I try to use it with my receiver and surround setup (which also handles PS5 DD/DTS 5.1 surround duty) it falls flat. For instance, the dialogue track does come out of the center channel, but is heavily muted on most characters, most surround audio is just the audio from front right and left but at a lesser volume, but then occasionally a random environmental effect will come out of the surround speakers loudly and scare me half to death.
I need to know how Shatter/ Herald of Ice sound was made, most satisfying sound in the game by far
Well, I would like to know why my sound will completely cut out on Ps4. I have to restart to get it back. Rather annoying.
Just bring back old lioneye's watch soundtrack...or at least add to the hideout music player
Do you have any principles for distinguishing between player characters' effect sound and monsters'? if there is one how they can differ?
Two questions for Kamil:

Which sound libraries do you use for your orchestras?

And, if you have any, what are your "must have" plug-ins for any mixing session?
To celebrate the great musical work of Kamil in GGG
and how much Poland helps Ukraine, please make
the Polish language version of Path of Exile 2.
Greetings from Poland to the creators of GGG, the best game ever.
Death is only the beginning..

\\ Only HC Ruthless mode player. //
Last edited by AlonelnTheDarkness on Oct 6, 2022, 4:54:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info