Tool-assisted Pantheon Mod Farming

And why people cant see difference between macro/app/3rd party, that makes you farm better, which is between YOU and the GAME or items that WILL DROP
and
macro/app/3rd party, that makes it easier for YOU and ITEMS DROPPED.

Stop whining, why they ban users using 3rd party to GENERATE/DROP more items and why they (sometimes) keep people who use this and that trade macro for TRADING.
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
I think this part is pretty relevant. It shows they knew about the exploit and could have eliminated it all together and didn't. smh.

"
The short explanation is that we had already considered and mostly mitigated this exploit when we implemented Archnemesis mods, so it wasn't of much value to take advantage of, but we have now completely eliminated it.
make the loot system better, it was already in a good place, now we feel like we need to sift through maps just to find something rewarding.
"
THUNDA wrote:
Game development is a weird industry... in any other industry a CEO responsible for this many consistent flops would step aside. Don't get me wrong the awesome game that you created lends a certain amount of credit in the bank for these kinds of **** ups. but just wondering how many more "don't you guys have phones" league releases you got left before permanent damage is done.

The ones who are damaging the game and poisoning the community are people like you. If you don't like something, it doesn't mean it's wrong. Yes, changes are controversial, yes impact on the game is big. Give constructive feedback and don't consume product, if you don't like the taste. But no need to spread hate and act entitled.
So you're fast to fix 3rd party use but not the issues of the league? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
Yesterday, the community started discussing this technique and we investigated. We determined:
a) What players were actually doing was using the preload request to rule out the presence of other modifiers. For example, if the client is asked to preload the Brine King-touched mod, and the player doesn't care about that mod, then they know the instance cannot have any other Pantheon mod present and they could just skip that map in their hunt for better mods.
b) The mitigation we have already in place functions correctly and players cannot tell whether the indicated mod is actually present or not. This means they'd have to waste a lot of time hunting for false positives.
c) In addition, this process would be very wasteful, costing them a lot of maps and also whatever juicing resources they wanted to speculatively put into those maps before they even knew if they were going to encounter the relevant mod.

The community were concerned that the technique would allow nefarious players to quickly open a lot of maps and be able to see exactly which ones had a specific mod. The reality is that the overall efficiency benefits of the technique were limited and offset against the potentially high resource cost and high risk of being banned for it.

Early today, we deployed a hotfix that completely removes this problem.

So what I'm reading is that while you were sure that the exploit was not worth it, you were not ACTUALLY sure it was the case, so you had to patch it again. Maybe you should have done that before launch.

Also, how you can think what is equivalent to a loot goblin is good for the game is beyond me. Even if no exploit is possible, this concentration of valuable loot in a very rare mob hurts your average players who don't play long enough to average out dry spells. It also encourages MF cullers and we are already seeing culling services on TFT, in the same patch that you made Harvest TFT irrelevant. What the actual heck. Between malice and ineptitude, I don't know which one to pick.
I really dislike this type of party juicing. I liked it better when the groups had to sell everyone else items instead of just dropping 20 divines.
cool, so how do you stop me from feeling like I wasted my map if I don't go to tft too get a MF culler to kill my valuable mob?
People here defending these 3rd Party apps. Shame
You must understand how skeptical we are of your assessment of its impact on the league given recent events. On paper eliminating 8/9 possible dead rolls sounds like a pretty large gain in efficiency, even if it didn't guarantee the mod would be there, as the payout is one of the greatest sources of raw currency in the games history. Nothing has ever dropped 50 raw exalted orbs.

That said, I do hope every single person who was abusing this is caught and dealt with.

Abuse drama aside, I want to reaffirm how unhappy I am with putting these large loot modifiers behind randomly appearing rare archnemesis modifiers. It is creating an unfun farming meta within the game, and hurting the viability and consistency of low to mid tier map investment strategies.

Imagine if a nemesis mod said "Drops a Headhunter" and people started looking specifically for these monsters as a group with highly specialized characters and tactics. Does that sound fun to anyone?
Last edited by jerot on Aug 27, 2022, 2:04:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info