What We're Working On

bad loot , bad mechanics , bad GGG , bad path of exile
you just f*** the game and we love this game
This league is not a real league you guys. Don't worry.
i love path of exile but ,this as to be the worst league ever , how can you release such crap and think people are gunna just eat it and say its good!

loot : well wtf there is none! im in tier 12 btw and i have looted around 50 chaos in total and struggling to just get simple currency as alchemy orb (currenctly sitting with 3 alc in my currency tab)

harvest : you clearly f***ed every1 with this , you remove some of the best craft without even mentioning it in the patch note and on top on that you can't even get 1 craft per plot worth of lifeforce this is unnacceptable.
You are straight up lying with the fact that lifeforce increase with map tier, i did harvest in t1-5 and when i get some lifeforce (when lol) it about 40-50 in those tier but now im sitting in t10-12 map and they give approximatly 55-70 lifeforce , it should yeild at least 200 in the lowest tier up to a 1000 in the max tier (always! not just sometime!)

empyrian team making no $$ on ultra juiced map is a good sign you did something very wrong with this patch , i could keep complaining about th state of current league mechnique but i think you know right now it is trash!!! i am not even running them tabblet since its a big waste of time!

GGG: learn to respect the time investment players are putting in your game or else goodbye.
Conveniently left out such a major change to the game :)

Oh btw did you guys know they launched their new Kalandra mystery box ??
You have an EQUAL chance to get any of the mtx but SOME tiers are RARER than others !!

1. Please be transparent with your community whom are not morons. It's OK. Just say it out loud, admitting mistakes is part of being a grown adult. Say it. Get a team meeting together, say it in that room. Make a new post for your customers and scream it from the rooftops; no need to lie or make things up or downplay how bad things can get. Just say these simple words:

"We made a huge mistake, again."

2. Now, the next step that sane and mature adults do. We apologize, especially to those who were counting on us, or if we are a business - we apologize to our loyal customers. Try it, say it out loud:

"We here at GGG are sorry. Sorry we don't test things before they go live or give our testers proper instructions and time. Sorry we keep ruining the game that you guys poured so much support and cash into. Sorry we don't play it anymore or understand our playerbase, we should and we would like to in the future. Sorry we can't admit our mistakes and often blame the players themselves or say that massive mistakes were only affecting tiny amounts of people when in reality it was the entire population of the game like Harvest. Sorry."

Try giving honesty, humility and transparency a try. Come out on Day 1 and say "The League Mechanic is bugged, don't panic please we are working on it." Say, "Harvest doesn't work. We are currently working on the issue." Say "Drop rates were shadow nerfed into oblivion and we apologize and have a plan to fix it."
You will get a different response than the way you currently communicate with your customers. Transparency and willingness to admit mistakes are important in life and business. Be humble. Be honest. Look at everything you've learned from past mistakes and LEARN FROM THEM! That is called "growth". Honestly, you guys need a new patch notes team, a new proofer/copywriter for posts like these who can communicate respectfully and honestly with the playerbase, a new supervisor for your testers (who I hope are professionals at this point but it doesn't seem that way, if not, hire professional testers because you have a quarter of a million customers trying to use your product and spend money with your company). Currently your lack of structure within the company, severe impairments in communication with your customers, unprofessional manner of addressing customers and simply providing an unfinished product is driving them all away. All quarter million players who wanted to be a part of this launch after 2 disastrous leagues prior to this one.

And yes, I work for a gaming studio, that is where my advice is coming from. I can see the gaping holes in the company structure and management. I can see that you need to hire new copywriters. I can see your testers, if there really is a testing department (hard to tell), are not being paid or managed correctly. I can see most of the devs no longer play the game in its true form and that the main team is out of touch with both the game itself and the customers. I can see that the different teams within the studio do not have enough communication between them. Everything is so half-baked lately and it's clear that your departments are not working in tandem with each other, if they are - need to do some employee restructuring and get some new hires because this is such a bad look. If anyone still has a hint of passion at this studio - and I *DO* see evidence of that here and there - if you care about the good name you had established and your brand - the time to fix things is NOW. One more league like this and your company's future is shaky.

I really miss Path of Exile. I love this game and wish you would just leave this absolute mess for PoE2 so I know which one of your games to play and which to avoid at all costs.

Maybe leave untested mechanics like Archnem rares for PoE 2, so you would've had a long time to test them as they clearly needed it, and not force us to beta test this new system that's ruined almost a whole year of PoE needlessly. I pay a Department of people to test the games we make - as all studios of your caliber do - extensively, under quite a bit of supervision. It's a fulltime job (Tester). It is *not* your customers' job to play Tester for you (for free), unless you openly state that is the case and warn the players that they are part of a giant alpha/beta test of multiple new systems clearly designed for your next release. I'm finding it hard to believe you employ such people, if you do your supervisor is not managing them right or you are not hiring experience players and gamers with the knowledge to tell you something is wrong and offer some thoughts on how to fix it to pass to Dev before anything goes live. If your Testing Dept says it's broken, STOP! Fix the issues! That is why you hire them. If things are getting past Testing, past the Testing Dept's supervisory team members, and from them, past Dev - JUST WOW. You blamed the Testers last league but the reality is; they are on the bottom rung of the GGG Food Chain and their work is the responsibility of each supervisor, manager and Dev above them. If the Testing Dept. is struggling, you need to find out why. They work for such low wages it's unfair to blame them, the ones to blame are those supervising them and allocating their daily work. The ones to blame are those the Testing Dept supervisor reports to. The ones to blame are the Devs who were completely content to launch your league with inadequate testing and review. Your company's structure is lackadaisical at best right now, and I find it hard to believe you care anymore. This is unacceptable for a studio of your capabilities and income and past performance; far beyond "shoddy work". Way too many "oopsies" for a studio that has grown like yours has, with a fanbase and customer base as large as yours is. Let's not forget that number you gave us, the one honest thing in that post... 1/4 of a Million players wanted to play this league. Check your daily logins since day 1 and the drop. No one is playing because you put out another unfinished product, for a second time in a row. Get in touch with your community, try playing your own game, see how it really "feels". If you remember or knew what PoE felt like to play over the last couple years (at Dev level or Chris or other original designers of PoE still on the team), you would know how incredibly scuffed and wretched these past two leagues have been and with an ounce of business knowledge - you should know the financial impact this will have on GGG.

Never forget, we are not just gamers - we are your *customers*. In any gaming studio, remember you are not addressing mere "players of a game". You are addressing your *CUSTOMERS*. We are the lifeblood of your game, not you, and have been ever since your game went live. As soon as the game went live, the lifeblood of Path of Exile is no longer just the studio. You are responsible for new content, maintenance, debugging (and promptly so), and paying for servers. Your customers are the life blood of PoE though, and we pay for those servers and we pay your salaries. Never forget that. I know that might come a a shock, but let it simmer and marinate. Back to humility. Take a big ol dose of it and come back to us with a proper response fitting of a company of your status.

EDIT: If I'm ever out of a job, I'll let you guys know I'm available. Np. XD

As someone already said, and I liked it -

Problem: Path of Exile.

<spoiler>

Solution: Remove Archnem mods on Rares.
Veritania: When was the last time you saw the sun, Exile? The true sun.

Me, if I actually want to succeed at all in any given PoE League:
Last edited by LizzyInATizzy on Aug 22, 2022, 8:58:32 AM
oh I thought I was the only one without alchs and unable to run maps properly
3.23 is the best league of all time (an absolute banger)
sad mode: eternal despair
Can we get a video of any dev playing heavy strike (or any strike skill) in mud flats? Melee is completely fine guys
LoK rewards are so underwhelming because it takes upwards of 5-7 maps to get 1 Lake to run whereas with Sentinels we could use them EVERY map and get rewarded EVERY map and the drops were amazing, EVERY MAP. To go from that to running 1 lake after every handful of map completions with HORRIBLE drops is a slap in the face.

COOL MECHANIC IMPLEMENTED HORRIDLY. Blame your "QA team".
Look into IIQ seemingly not working at all on mega juiced standard magic-find characters?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info