widescreen resolution removed from the game.

It seems not possible to just discuss with people that think it's a good change, as giving arguments and feeling of real playing is basicly refuted by a brainded "u see moar tings". No point to give more explainations of what it really is like, i'll just bump the thread once in a while.

so, BUMP, GGG revert this please, we just want to enjoy the game as it was possible for almost 10 years.
Last edited by onexxx on Sep 8, 2022, 10:51:33 AM
"
onexxx wrote:
It seems not possible to just discuss with people that think it's a good change, as giving arguments and feeling of real playing is basicly refuted by a brainded "u see moar tings". No point to give more explainations of what it really is like, i'll just bump the thread once in a while.

so, BUMP, GGG revert this please, we just want to enjoy the game as it was possible for almost 10 years.

The reason there's no point discussing with people is because they are not making good faith arguments. They are parroting irrational nonsense in order to white knight for GGG.

This forum has always had people like that. GGG could announce tomorrow "in the interest of fair competition, our game is now hard capped to 1080p resolution and 30fps - also, mouse and keyboard is disabled and everyone must use a controller", and this forum would have plenty of people defending that as a good idea.
"
Zucktheduck wrote:
"
onexxx wrote:

The reason there's no point discussing with people is because they are not making good faith arguments. They are parroting irrational nonsense in order to white knight for GGG.

This forum has always had people like that. GGG could announce tomorrow "in the interest of fair competition, our game is now hard capped to 1080p resolution and 30fps - also, mouse and keyboard is disabled and everyone must use a controller", and this forum would have plenty of people defending that as a good idea.

Exactamundo.
"
robmafia wrote:

arguing that useful information not only is not helpful - but is a liability. get real.

Let's say you are driving a car at a German highway at about 320km/h suddenly in the bottom right corner of your windshield pops up a notification about low price of gas somwhere nearby, at the same time someone driving 180 kmph moves to the lane you're currently at. See the analogy?

Even useful information can be harmful if it draws your attention away from more important things.

Ultrawide monitors like g9 are over 1 meter wide. you can't pay attention to the sides and center at the same time (though you have more immersive playing experience).
People like me care more about immersion than not dying as much in game so we choose such panels.

Next thing - seeing loot - icons on minimap are visible independently of resolution, you can set up your filter the way that everything worth backtracking for would have its minimap icon
"
Zucktheduck wrote:
To the top!

Fix it, GGG.

Pretending 32:9 is an advantage that should be prevented, but 21:9 and 240Hz displays are OK is the silliest nonsense I've ever heard in my life.

wow, a strawman fallacy that you just made up is the silliest nonsense you ever heard?

good job!

"
Zucktheduck wrote:

There isn't one real argument in this thread for the removal of 32:9, and I can't believe GGG is acting this foolish and out of touch with reality.

...i guess that's correct, there are at least 3. you should probably work on getting in touch with reality, i guess.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Sep 8, 2022, 2:37:12 PM
"
XeoTech wrote:
"
Zucktheduck wrote:
To the top!

Fix it, GGG.

Pretending 32:9 is an advantage that should be prevented, but 21:9 and 240Hz displays are OK is the silliest nonsense I've ever heard in my life.

I love how people think POE is a top tier competitive eSports game with wallstreet investors.

"bUt tHe AdVaNtAgE!" "OmG lEaGuE sTaRtS aRe So CoMpEtItIvE"

These people should have bigger things to worry about than someone with a 32:9 monitor having an advantage over you. Try 6 man parties who will literally shit on you without even trying. They make exponentially more currency than you will ever make as a solo player. Even two man parties, can get the exponential jump on a solo player. Literally has nothing to do with computer hardware. You can have a six man group running 1024x768 resolution on a vintage CRT. They will always be at the top tier of the economy with the real advantage.

This has been going on for years, even with 32:9 and ultrawide. Nobody has ever complained about it until now, because it literally was not an issue. Now all the trolls come out of the woodwork like our homeboy here in this thread. These people are just trolling and white knighting because they like to aggravate people and they get their rocks off doing it.

...you know the game is STILL supposed to be competitive, right? just because it's a pos doesn't mean that this is their intention.

ffs, 'competitive' (or synonyms) are still all over the game's description:

https://www.pathofexile.com/game

and obviously, the point of ladders.

lolz @ some strawman about some group always being better. and in an argument about currency (umm... trading? hello?).

further lolz @ calling dissenters trolls. you guys can't even come up with actual arguments and don't have facts/logic on your side. it's just straw and more straw and then ad-hom and dismissals.

if you want to be taken seriously, maybe find an ACTUAL point (that you can back up), instead of just dumb lies.

bigger fov OBVIOUSLY provides an advantage over smaller. to what degree and how to balance should be the discussion, not hilariously ignorant denials that it's an advantage or strawman fallacies (no one ever complained about this before, some fictional 6 man group will always be superior [wat] ) and white knight ad-hom.

ffs, i've been called a white knight like 30 times now and i think this forum pvp is better than the game, itself.

although, it's now feeling too much like can crushing.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

Used to be able to run the game in windowed mode only using the top half of the screen to stretch the game worse than these ratios.

You could see beyond where the terrain ended. The benefits were so limited it wasn't even worth using back then.

The justification is beyond stupid. Much more competitive games don't have the same restriction. The game looks terrible with black bars. Let people use their prefered resolutions.

"
Zucktheduck wrote:

lolz @ complaining about a lack of good faith arguments that's immediately followed by a bad faith multiple fallacy.

dude.

"
Zucktheduck wrote:

and another one.

can you cite a single argument of yours that's actually in good faith/refutes anything that was actually said? because i honestly haven't seen one yet.

you seem to just be making shit up and ridiculing your own strawmen. in successive posts.

which i just quoted repeatedly.

meanwhile, facts are still... well, facts.
[Removed by Support]

"
jerot wrote:
Much more competitive games don't have the same restriction.

Sooo true... In War Thunder you can actually look around the corners before you drive there. Now that is a real advantage. The game is almost entirely PvP and nobody gives a s***.
"
denhaj wrote:

Let's say you are driving a car at a German highway at about 320km/h suddenly in the bottom right corner of your windshield pops up a notification about low price of gas somwhere nearby, at the same time someone driving 180 kmph moves to the lane you're currently at. See the analogy?

Even useful information can be harmful if it draws your attention away from more important things.

Ultrawide monitors like g9 are over 1 meter wide. you can't pay attention to the sides and center at the same time (though you have more immersive playing experience).
People like me care more about immersion than not dying as much in game so we choose such panels.

Next thing - seeing loot - icons on minimap are visible independently of resolution, you can set up your filter the way that everything worth backtracking for would have its minimap icon

omg. i mentioned delve and CHESTS for a reason.

you're talking about dropped loot and item filters, proving that you have no idea why i mentioned the above... or seemingly what they even mean/are.

and your driving analogy is a complete failure. tunnel vision sure as shit isn't good for driving... hence "blind spots." i don't know why you're trying to argue about something so dissimilar/irrelevant, but even with that stretch, it fails.

seeing more > seeing less
[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info