widescreen resolution removed from the game.

Widescreen change....

What have you done?

I have 2 giant ugly black borders on my screen.

49" ultrawide monitor.
5120 x 1440

And you reduce my screen to 50%.

Last bumped on Apr 18, 2024, 3:01:35 PM
"
Previously it was possible to manually set the aspect ratio of the Path of Exile client to be very short and wide, allowing you to see an unintended amount of the level at once. A limit needed to be set. Because of server serialisation distances, this maximum aspect ratio is currently set to 21:9. This is the widest that we can currently go before we start hitting the cutoff where entities and effects vanish. We are looking at being able to increase this in the future.

This note was accidentally missed from the patch notes. We're very sorry for that oversight.
-_-
S L O W E R
RIP league... Oo

See you again, when it's fixed.
"
Jocker46 wrote:
RIP league... Oo

See you again, when it's fixed.

Yup. I didn't spend 2 grand on a 32:9 monitor to look at black bars.

RIP this game until they fix it
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
But srsly someone at ggg should look into this matter. With 3 WQHD monitors at the moment the bezels are right in the middle of your inventory and skillbar and on the other side right trough the character screen. This makes poe in fact a "single monitor game".

Can't at least let the left and right panels stretch further?
I mean the game is not coded to deal with it. They're preventing a problem.

It's not like me screaming at Netflix for 2 years to finally support 21:9 because that's the native aspect ratio of movies and they were just downgrading it for the sake of 16:9 users.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
I remember reading that they added an option to move the mana and life balls more to the center for wide screens. Try using that option?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Widescreen change....

What have you done?

I have 2 giant ugly black borders on my screen.

49" ultrawide monitor.
5120 x 1440

And you reduce my screen to 50%.

I'm in the same boat as you sir.

This is absolutely 100% unacceptable.
This is gross ;/

I played widescreen because:

#1 I like to watch a lot of media while i play, i won't play this game if i cant do that most of the time, its taking up too much screen space to remove the black bars now.

#2 because the default zoom is so close that i literally feel ill playing in full screen resolution/ratio.
Edit: i do go fullscreen to appreciate a lot of the beautiful artwork now and then but playing like that all the time is too overwhelming for me.

I don't like it

and in my hideout its not the same anymore :<

Edit: Hoping for the best here, I don't care about seeing extra stuff and getting an edge, purely a comfort/qol/screenspace issue for me.

Edit#2 i dont like it at all but i can tolerate it, i definitely personally overreacted 100%
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 19, 2022, 10:00:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info