[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Graiaule wrote:
@shadowrs: I obviously have plenty left to learn about crafting. How did you get 12% increased intelligence on your helm?

I was curious so looked this up and found this: https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Elevated_modifier

Seems pretty end-game to me and probably not worth the hassle without harvest crafting available to give more ways to account for RNG.
"
King_Haart wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
@shadowrs: I obviously have plenty left to learn about crafting. How did you get 12% increased intelligence on your helm?

I was curious so looked this up and found this: https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Elevated_modifier

Seems pretty end-game to me and probably not worth the hassle without harvest crafting available to give more ways to account for RNG.

It doesn't even seem possible without the Harvest craft.

Maybe you use an awakener's orb to combine two helms with different influences, and use the orb of dominance and cross your fingers?

Presumably he got the enchant after the helm was crafted. Damn, I don't see a good way to get that level of int and ES also.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
shadowrs wrote:
Just wanted to share, here's my current setup that I've tried to min-max to the best I could and have pretty great results: https://pastebin.com/xNXdZA99

Survivability & DPS are insane: 3.2k int and 15.7k ES, and I used Hatred instead of Spider.

The only thing I can think of that can possibly improve the build a bit further is probably a double hatred watchers eye, not sure what else.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free!

Zealot's Oath would give you 784 ES regen/sec while affected by the consecrated grounds of Bottled Faith, for 1 skill point.

EDIT : Also it doesn't seem like your Amulet/Rings/Belt are 20% quality.

Zealot's Oath is not a bad idea, but I'm personally not looking for more survivability since this is already insanely tanky :P

Kinda confused about what you mean, all my stuff is at 20% quality?

Regarding where to invest 4 skill points (this is in respect to my current build):

1 into Trickery, Retribution, and 2 for getting to the Light of Divinity node) Gives me a total of +84 int, an extra ~300 ES, and a good amount of DMG overall.

If you want just extra boss damage, the +1 maximum intensity would be the best to go for (3 points for getting to Nimbleness, then 1 additional point for the caster mastery). I personally prefer the previous setup since it's similar in DMG, but even more survivability and good for everything.

I took a quick peek at your current tree, and you just have 1 random point into a +10 int node to the left of "Enigmatic Defence", which you can just remove and re-allocate it to "Retribution" for just a direct upgrade (Gives +10 to str and int, along with 15% incr dmg).

If you want even more dmg, you should get rid of that Curse Mastery skill point from the "Whispers of Doom" node along with that random +10 int node and use those 2 points to get to "Light of Divinity" instead (You'll get +40 int and 30% incr dmg in total)

I also found that for "Reservation Mastery", instead of allocating "8% incr dmg for each aura affecting you" allocate it to "Auras from your skills have 10% incr effect on you" (*same dmg boost overall, but literally just free extra ES (I got +200) and extra resistances (+4%) *If you're running Hatred I believe

@Graiaule

Sorry can't really help much, I bought the helmet :P

I forgot to enchant the Atziri's Promise since I replaced my previous one recently, so good catch on that (though I just brainlessly spam flasks anyways so never really noticed lol). I don't like having my Bottled Faith set to auto cast since there have been times when it wasn't up for a boss fight or something (not that it makes a huge difference, but ya just my personal pref)

Crafting the 70% incr effect of flasks but gain no charges during effect will also give a decent dmg boost from bottled faith, but as I mentioned previously, I do have a bad habit of spamming my flasks so I'd rather just monkey brain it and know it'll be up for when I want it lol

Just a tip for people wondering how to be able to include Hatred without having the helm enchant (Which is mandatory for being able to run it in the first place along with an Enlighten Gem):

Get a Megalonamic Medium Cluster Jewel that has "Spiteful Presence" (Hatred has 50% incr mana reservation efficiency), along with ideally Cold To The Core:

Last edited by shadowrs on Oct 11, 2022, 11:13:20 PM
Thanks for the detailed response!

Fair enough regarding Zealot Oath. I see that you dropped Frost Shield also, that explains it. I'm really biaised towards tankiness myself.

I was looking at your PoB for the 20% quality. the quality doesn't show up, but the stats are the same. Looking at my own PoB, I believe it never shows and the stats are just imported as-is for catalyst. That is weird!

I'm glad you detailed those suggestions for the tree, as I really was at a loss to allocate points. I ended up putting a point in a random int node, which really bugged me, but it seemed like the best choice. I changed the reservation mastery, which indeed is very interesting now that I have Hatred, removed the +10int and one of the superfluous points in a cluster (+12% and +3attr) to get Light of Divinity, which gave me an additionnal 5% dmg, so that's nice.

I'm still tryuing to find a "$%?"$%? Megalomaniac with Cold to the Core and either Wish for Death or Blanketed Snow. There hasn't been one on sale for *two weeks*.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Oct 12, 2022, 8:06:52 AM
"
WinterHiko wrote:

I'm still tryuing to find a "$%?"$%? Megalomaniac with Cold to the Core and either Wish for Death.... There hasn't been one on sale for *two weeks*.

Got to be quicker on your snipes! I got mine a few days ago...

It does feel a bit better with Wish for Death instead of Essence Rush, but the difference is subtle.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:

I'm still tryuing to find a "$%?"$%? Megalomaniac with Cold to the Core and either Wish for Death.... There hasn't been one on sale for *two weeks*.

Got to be quicker on your snipes! I got mine a few days ago...

It does feel a bit better with Wish for Death instead of Essence Rush, but the difference is subtle.

I finally got a CttC/Wish for Death one! Cost me 7 div but totally worth it.

Now to craft a +int +attr +allres +energy shield ring from the lake... First 8 tries got me close, but never quite there.
"
WinterHiko wrote:

Now to craft a +int +attr +allres +energy shield ring from the lake... First 8 tries got me close, but never quite there.

That's a 1/8 chance to hit. The difficulty 12 maps are now up to 5 div each (they were 2-3 when I was working on my amulet), so that's going to end up a very expensive ring.

Why +allres rather than +res? You only need 87 res, and with a multiplier of 2.2 (the difficulty 12 lake), you only need 40 res on the ring (T3) to get there. And then you can get 87 res on the rest of your gear in one element very easily.

I didn't bother crafting rings because (a) I only wanted to do a 50% chance one (b) that would be ~152 int 87% res (c) and you can buy these rings for 1 div or less on trade.

Go ahead and post the rings that didn't make it -- it will be educational. You should have hit at least one that had 3+ 1- by now.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:

That's a 1/8 chance to hit. The difficulty 12 maps are now up to 5 div each (they were 2-3 when I was working on my amulet), so that's going to end up a very expensive ring.

Why +allres rather than +res? You only need 87 res, and with a multiplier of 2.2 (the difficulty 12 lake), you only need 40 res on the ring (T3) to get there. And then you can get 87 res on the rest of your gear in one element very easily.

I didn't bother crafting rings because (a) I only wanted to do a 50% chance one (b) that would be ~152 int 87% res (c) and you can buy these rings for 1 div or less on trade.

Go ahead and post the rings that didn't make it -- it will be educational. You should have hit at least one that had 3+ 1- by now.

Yep. 1/8. I'm running lvl14 lakes for the extra modifiers. About 11div per attempt (lake = 10div and ring to throw = 1div). Expected total cost : 88div.

It's a bit overkill, but I'm enjoying the grind and I always need goals to justify it, so I don't mind the stupily enormous cost, as i don't need the rings, i just need something to work towards. I was running rings I bought for 1-3 div previously and i still can clear Ubers.

All in all, I wouldn't suggest anyone craft their own unless they really want to overpay for the power. But then again, some people grind for Mageblood (250+div last i checked) so... I feel kind of the same I guess.

I settled on +allres because the rest of my gear is nicely crafted, but didn't hit any res on the way and two +allres rings will cover all three resistances. It also makes them interchangeable, so I can upgrade without shooting for a specific slot and be worried about swapping another piece of gear and having to look for a specific res later on. With Lake lvl14, it's 36% allres per ring. Just a nice endgame goal.

I'm currently using this 3/4 result, which boosted my ES by 750 over my last ring. That -35 attritbutes hurts though. I sold one reject for 4div (one of my earliest, with -lightning res) and all of the others are on sale for 99c (X2), 1div (X1) and 2div (X2). 7 tries total as of now, so I injected close to 80 div. I got 2 other 3/4s, but they had -int, which is completely bricked for our needs.

Here is the couple of rings I still have for sale :

One of them I picked up with +cold dmg and tried for the hell of it. Didn't end well at all, but the others were more streamlined.

I really must stress this out : it's not necessary, it's a huge currency sink and you must start with the idea of spending 100+div per ring or lose your sanity. I'm just having fun with the extra currency at this point in he league anyway. I can confortably farm Uber Uber Elder now, so the rest is just for fun. once i have two of those, I can try at a stupidly expensive amulet with +%attr, +%int, +int and base +int or something. The double +attr on rings will let me remove the +86attr I have on the amulet and roll the % increases.

I like this build way too much, I'm just finding excuses to grind with it.

EDIT : As detailed on my post on page 60, this is incorrect. It has been proven that the odds are heavily weighted towards a 2/2 result and as such, the odds are *not* 50/50 on each affix, far from it.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Oct 23, 2022, 8:24:26 AM
@WinterHiko -- thanks for the post!

Out of curiosity, what's another way to earn a reasonable amount of currency after you're bored with heists and essences and you've had bad luck with Maven invitations?
Last edited by Graiaule on Oct 13, 2022, 10:06:52 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:
@WinterHiko -- thanks for the post!

Out of curiosity, what's another way to earn a reasonable amount of currency after you're bored with heists and essences and you've had bad luck with Maven invitations?

When I want to be stimulated, I run Uber Uber Elder. You should have a 1/3 chance of getting a Watcher's Eye and they sell for 4.3div fast, sometimes 5div if you're patient. You also drop a Orb of dominance worth 1div regularly. It'S 1.2div per run in bulk, so for ten runs, you can expect a cost of 12div in bulk and a revenue of about 14div. Running 10 in an hour makes sense, so that would be about 2div/hour.

Most of the time, I run Elderslayer Rush. I buy Sirus Conqueror maps in bulk (6div for 10 sets) and just B-line for the boss. Cost for 10 sets (40 maps) is 6 div + 700C for the Invitations. Expected return for regular drops is about :

- 9 Crescent Splinters per invitation on average, plus the occasionnal 10 bosses fight : 10Writs at 2div/3writs, so 6.66div.
- Average 6 Conqueror's seals per run (4 guaranteed, +2 per invitation on average) at 10C per : 3div.
- About 5 Elderslayer invitation per 10 sets : 350C.
- About 6 orb of dominance every 10 sets : 1div.

That's about 12.5div revenue for 9.5div in cost.

You add to that random drops of :

- Regular synthesis maps via card (1-2 per set, 5 is one map, which is either 35C or 1.6div);
- Occasionnal drop of the Cortex card (1/4, 1.6div);
- Rare drop of the Strategist card (39C I think?);
- Occasionnal Conqueror orbs (30-100C);
- Regular map drops from bosses (15C for Elder/Shaper Guardians, 25C for Conquerors);
- The occasionnal Essence mob and Harvest node;
- The occasionnal improved offering from special lab.

Assuming 2-3min per map, which is not that fast as you're just rushing bosses and deleting Conquerors, you get about 3-4div an hour.

I specc Atlas into Essences (and only stop for those with 2+ Shrieking so I can corrupt into Deafening), improved labs (you can tell it's going to be an improved offering before going in and they're about 100C on average for a couple of minutes), every Maven node + Height of Hubris, Conqueror and Shaper/Elder map nodes and Harvest nodes.

You do need to roll your invitation with modifiers doubled and over 60% increased quantity of drops, so the build has to be pretty advanced already. Only map modifiers I can't run is cannot leech, cannot recover and elemental reflect. Add a couple for the Height of Hubris enhanced invitations (like no aura or extra energy shields). I ran one invitation someone sold me at 103% quantity and got eleven splinters (a full writ+1), so you could snipe high-rolled invitations for more profit.

It also has the benefice of getting you a whole bunch of progression for the 6000 map modifiers challenge. I'm at 5.5k and it's my 38th challenge, so that's an added bonus for me.

I saw someone who claimed to be able to get 8div/hour with this strat, but I believe they did not include time to roll invitations and all maps into Mesa or something. 3-4div is more realistic is you're speedrunning without preparation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info