[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Koscigrob wrote:

Should I just exalt slam hoping for +ev & + es ?

Spoiler
If you have plenty of currency you could craft Suffixes Can't Be Changed and do a fossil craft or harvest craft to get a better chance of good defense prefixes. Otherwise yeah, I think options are pretty limited in crafting this league. :(

Spoilered the above because I was wrong about being able to fossil craft after metamodding, sorry. :(
Last edited by King_Haart on Oct 8, 2022, 1:50:18 PM
Urgh I'm at the point where I have 3+ live searchs returning nothing for a week. No CttC/Blanketed Megalomaniac, no CttC/Wish for death Megalo and any upgrade to my rings/amulet require a very well-rolled mirrored roll that I can't seem to find on sale. Crafting a ring/amu by YOLOing a 2-3 div piece into a 10div lake is way too much of a gamble for me. I'm sitting on 20 Div and I don't know what to aim for.

Are there any other combination of Megalo that are worth it? Other high-investment things that could be bought at 20-40div?
There have apparently been hardly any of the Megalo's this league.

You can probably do better with rings if you lower the bar on Int a bit (I have one with +100ES and another with +27% cast rate, though only ~90 Int on each). Your body armor is pretty good but with 20 div you can probably afford to craft an even better one.

Aside from that, your build seems at the point where there aren't huge gear upgrades anymore, just a bit of min-maxing - leveling to 97-98 will probably make a bigger difference than spending time in trade (a mistake I often make myself).
"
King_Haart wrote:
There have apparently been hardly any of the Megalo's this league.

You can probably do better with rings if you lower the bar on Int a bit (I have one with +100ES and another with +27% cast rate, though only ~90 Int on each). Your body armor is pretty good but with 20 div you can probably afford to craft an even better one.

Aside from that, your build seems at the point where there aren't huge gear upgrades anymore, just a bit of min-maxing - leveling to 97-98 will probably make a bigger difference than spending time in trade (a mistake I often make myself).

To be honest, crafting this Chest piece was already very painful for me with all those thousands of clicks and I lucked out by double exalt-slamming the exact mods I wanted at T3, so just thinking about going back to alt-spamming makes me want to bang my head against the wall. Is there any way of doing it faster than thousands of alts?

I'm currently running Conqueror maps into Elderslayer invitations to complete the 6000 affix challenge, so I've been resetting my XP every four maps. I don't want to pay to AFK in a 5-way carry (don't like the idea of being carried), so I'm kind of stuck at lvl 94. I might stop the mapping strategy and respec atlas into abysses and pack size... I'll consider it.
"
To be honest, crafting this Chest piece was already very painful for me with all those thousands of clicks and I lucked out by double exalt-slamming the exact mods I wanted at T3, so just thinking about going back to alt-spamming makes me want to bang my head against the wall. Is there any way of doing it faster than thousands of alts?

If you have the currency - get a 76-79 (79 is best) iLvl Sadist Garb, fossil spam, then crusader. Will cost more than the Alt approach and you can't get quite as good rolls, though if you're OK with a lower chance of the crusader exalt hitting then you could go with higher iLvl which means better defenses are available.

I haven't had much luck with a Sadist Garb myself, but my current armor comes from this approach and whilst not perfect (has +dex instead of +attr), it's serving me well.
"
King_Haart wrote:
"

If you have the currency - get a 76-79 (79 is best) iLvl Sadist Garb, fossil spam, then crusader. Will cost more than the Alt approach and you can't get quite as good rolls, though if you're OK with a lower chance of the crusader exalt hitting then you could go with higher iLvl which means better defenses are available.

I haven't had much luck with a Sadist Garb myself, but my current armor comes from this approach and whilst not perfect (has +dex instead of +attr), it's serving me well.

Which fossils would you use? And what Ilvl would let me have the best rolls?
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
King_Haart wrote:
"

Which fossils would you use? And what Ilvl would let me have the best rolls?

On this thread page 40 people are talking about crafting with dense and fundamental. I've looked to craft of exile to simulate this and it shows to get flat 43+ int and 9%+ int I would need 157 tries, while adding third fossil - sanctified I would need 95 tries on average, but sanctified and fundamental result in 44 tries. I've tried the last and got this:

I got +int %int many times, but always suffixes were full or defences mods were non existent.. Following advice from King_Haart I did craft suffixes cannot be changed and wanted to slam with dense and sanctified, but game doesnt allow that.. I got message: You cant use this currency on items with a modifer that affects mod outcoms... So my question is: Is harvest crafting "Reforge a rare item with random modifers, including a defence modifer" my best option now?
Last edited by Koscigrob on Oct 8, 2022, 1:19:56 PM
"
Koscigrob wrote:
On this thread page 40 people are talking about crafting with dense and fundamental. I've looked to craft of exile to simulate this and it shows to get flat 43+ int and 9%+ int I would need 157 tries, while adding third fossil - sanctified I would need 95 tries on average, but sanctified and fundamental result in 44 tries.

My goal is to attempt the defenses + flat int first on a non-influenced base, then crusader slam and hope for the best - that's what got me this one:

"
Koscigrob wrote:
I got +int %int many times, but always suffixes were full or defences mods were non existent.. Following advice from King_Haart I did craft suffixes cannot be changed and wanted to slam with dense and sanctified, but game doesnt allow that.. I got message: You cant use this currency on items with a modifer that affects mod outcoms... So my question is: Is harvest crafting "Reforge a rare item with random modifers, including a defence modifer" my best option now?

I'm sorry for the incorrect advice, will go back and edit it - I would have hoped that'd've worked. :( Not sure what the next best option is.
Whilst trying to get Unnerve chance on my gloves, I rolled the 'Freezes you inflict spread to other enemies within a radius of 13' mod. Would that free me up to switch out Elemental Proliferation for a DPS gem so I can use my mapping setup in more bossing situations? There are some boss fights where self-cast just feels a bit too fragile because of the lack of ability to move whilst still dealing damage.
"
King_Haart wrote:
Whilst trying to get Unnerve chance on my gloves, I rolled the 'Freezes you inflict spread to other enemies within a radius of 13' mod. Would that free me up to switch out Elemental Proliferation for a DPS gem so I can use my mapping setup in more bossing situations? There are some boss fights where self-cast just feels a bit too fragile because of the lack of ability to move whilst still dealing damage.

The DPS staff deals 4-5 times more damage than the channeling staff. Using the channeling in bossing situation will make the fight last longer, which in turn will create more opportunities to die. I would not recommend it.

In difficult fights with a lot going on, Frostblink usually does the trick when used liberally. The storms last for a few seconds, so you can blink-cast-blink-cast and the damage continues while you move. It's probably a better alternative than having the mobility channeling at the cost of having the fight last 4-5 times longer. The only boss in which I use Cyclone is Searing Exarch in the Hellish Balls of Fire phase, especially the Uber version, as you can damage the minotaurs and leech by default.

Keep in mind that Elemental Proliferation also increases damage a bit, though not as much as the other options.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info