[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I did just that and slammed two T3 ES/EV mods. What are the odds? Not the best tier but still awesome. Thanks for the input!

Last edited by WinterHiko on Oct 5, 2022, 7:10:01 PM
About fitting in Hatred : with a Megalomaniac with Wish for Death as is in the top PoB, we can drop Culling Strike from Ball-Lightning 6-link and add Hatred.
For me at least, getting Hatred in represents a 28% increase in damage.
being a standard player, i'm going to be using this for my chest

not perfect and could always be better. but it's a decent start none the less :)

it's also what i use on my current int stacking wander build
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
WinterHiko wrote:
I did just that and slammed two T3 ES/EV mods. What are the odds? Not the best tier but still awesome. Thanks for the input!

Gratz man!
Last edited by Graiaule on Oct 6, 2022, 3:44:52 AM
I also really enjoy this build. Had tried it several leagues back with the Scion and had a blast. This time also with Scion first, but switched to Trickster after I reached Maps with the Scion and like you all, can really feel the difference in survivability.

Breezing through T16 red maps with two voidstones and feel mostly invincible.

BUT... the first reality check came with the conquerors. Al-Hezmin was of course a joke, due to CI, but Baran really kicked my butt. His blast always oneshots me, the mana-sucking tiles don't help either of course :)

I was wondering, how did you guys manage this fight?

I have somewhat decent gear, can't afford much more at the moment, need to earn/find me some further Divines now. Prices in Standard are simply nuts.

Am I still to low-level for Baran? Energy shield with 6.6K too low?

And @Kelvynn... thank you for this awesome guide :)

EDIT: PoB https://pastebin.com/TDpnfcp2
Last edited by Sumpfgn0m on Oct 6, 2022, 5:00:46 AM
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
being a standard player, i'm going to be using this for my chest

not perfect and could always be better. but it's a decent start none the less :)

it's also what i use on my current int stacking wander build

Whilst it's pretty top-tier, Trickster gets a lot of extra defense from Evasion and simply not taking hits in the first place, and every 6 points of evasion on Body armor is ALSO 1 ES, so it's really double value to get an EV/ES chest. In theory a top-tier full EV chest (3.5K+ EV) is more viable than a full ES on for this build I reckon, as while you might lose out on ~1K ES you'd more than make up for that in evasion chance.
"
Sumpfgn0m wrote:
I also really enjoy this build. Had tried it several leagues back with the Scion and had a blast. This time also with Scion first, but switched to Trickster after I reached Maps with the Scion and like you all, can really feel the difference in survivability.

Breezing through T16 red maps with two voidstones and feel mostly invincible.

BUT... the first reality check came with the conquerors. Al-Hezmin was of course a joke, due to CI, but Baran really kicked my butt. His blast always oneshots me, the mana-sucking tiles don't help either of course :)

I was wondering, how did you guys manage this fight?

I have somewhat decent gear, can't afford much more at the moment, need to earn/find me some further Divines now. Prices in Standard are simply nuts.

Am I still to low-level for Baran? Energy shield with 6.6K too low?

And @Kelvynn... thank you for this awesome guide :)

EDIT: PoB https://pastebin.com/TDpnfcp2

I started feeling more about to do boss fights from about 8K ES onwards. Your body armour seems like a place where you could either get much more defenses or +%Int on it for not that much cost (adding both gets very expensive of course) and still end up closer to 8K ES for it. Mirrored amulet and rings could get you a ton more Int too which is both damage AND ES.

I have been fine with Baran, slightly touch-and-go with Veritania, and Drox is just irritating to me as he seems to go through long phases of taking nearly no damage - took me over 10 minutes to kill him one time.

I think you also really want both clusters with CttC and Blanketed Snow, as the latter gives penetration which is really handy for bosses. They aren't all that expensive right now (relatively speaking) and if you hang out you should be able to grab a basic one for 3 div or one with somewhat handy affixes for 3.5 div.
"
King_Haart wrote:

I started feeling more about to do boss fights from about 8K ES onwards. Your body armour seems like a place where you could either get much more defenses or +%Int on it for not that much cost (adding both gets very expensive of course) and still end up closer to 8K ES for it. Mirrored amulet and rings could get you a ton more Int too which is both damage AND ES.

I have been fine with Baran, slightly touch-and-go with Veritania, and Drox is just irritating to me as he seems to go through long phases of taking nearly no damage - took me over 10 minutes to kill him one time.

I think you also really want both clusters with CttC and Blanketed Snow, as the latter gives penetration which is really handy for bosses. They aren't all that expensive right now (relatively speaking) and if you hang out you should be able to grab a basic one for 3 div or one with somewhat handy affixes for 3.5 div.

Hi King, as I am in standard, gearing is quite a problem, at least currency-wise. The prices are really bonkers, I was happy to get the one cluster jewel for my 2 divines I had. With Blanketed Snow prices are 9 div, 25 div, you name it.

The chest is definitely a weak point in my build. That's actually my main concern for upgrading. But it is again difficult, the simplest sadist garbs with less ES/EV than mine, but int >50 go for several divines.

Not worth the hassle then.

The only hope would be, that the Kalandra items float into standard next league, but that's quite some time. And prices will go up as well.
Last edited by Sumpfgn0m on Oct 6, 2022, 9:10:46 AM
"
Sumpfgn0m wrote:
"
King_Haart wrote:

Hi King, as I am in standard, gearing is quite a problem, at least currency-wise. The prices are really bonkers, I was happy to get the one cluster jewel for my 2 divines I had. With Blanketed Snow prices are 9 div, 25 div, you name it.

The chest is definitely a weak point in my build. That's actually my main concern for upgrading. But it is again difficult, the simplest sadist garbs with less ES/EV than mine, but int >50 go for several divines.

Not worth the hassle then.

The only hope would be, that the Kalandra items float into standard next league, but that's quite some time. And prices will go up as well.

Honestly, if you want a well-rolled 6-linked Sadist Garb with % int and +int, you'll need to craft it yourself, Standard or not. It's probably several dozen divines. I bought a Ilvl86 6-links White Sadist Garb for 60C and went from there. You can probably craft something very nice for under 8div that is going to give you a great boost to survivability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info