[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Hello,

I've been running this build for the current season, and I like it a lot, but I feel like I'm missing something.

When I compare my current PoB with the one provided for the endgame, I miss a lot of eHp and damage. Can someone help me find out why ?

It's actually my 2nd season, sorry if I missed some basic stuff

My PoB: https://pobb.in/_hxHWw-n42nq

Thanks
"
Dolaris wrote:
Hello,

I've been running this build for the current season, and I like it a lot, but I feel like I'm missing something.

When I compare my current PoB with the one provided for the endgame, I miss a lot of eHp and damage. Can someone help me find out why ?

It's actually my 2nd season, sorry if I missed some basic stuff

My PoB: https://pobb.in/_hxHWw-n42nq

Thanks

Craft a helmet with the better base. Hit 10% increased intelligence, better flat intelligence and better ES prefixes.

Harvest enchant the staves (very low upgrade, but upgrade still).

Reroll your belt. Most affixes are not useful. Apart from the guaranteed +int from Essence of Spite, you only have a low 27% res roll and a +22 ES roll. You can easily hit better than that.

Upgrade your glove implicit to 4% dmg per int. Get the defense prefixes at a higher tier.

Get Awakened Hextouch. I can't see your boss staff and its link (not at home with PoB), but make sure you have Awakened Cold Pen. Get lvl21 gems where useful.

Get Blanketed Snow on both cluster jewels. That's -20% res on enemies, which is huge.

If you want more tankiness, you can invest five points in Sanctum of thought (less crit damage received) and the 10% phys to chaos mastery (straight phys reduction for us). You can also invest three points in Soul thief + the Mastery for evasion per int (usually 10-15% more evade chance). You'll need to unallocate some damage nodes though.

If you want to get even more damage, you can try changing One Step Ahead for Swift Killer, changing your implicit on chest to Frenzy charge every 15 seconds and allocating one point into an extra maximum frenzy charge on the right side of three. It should give you 20% more damage against bosses (because we currently have no way of generating frenzy charges and it will give you six permanent charges). You will lose the benefit of OSA though, so it's a trade.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
vbvan wrote:
Thanks for the update!

I just got The Whispering Ice with 18% Int dropped in SSF.
Time to switch to this build and craft some nice gears like yours :-). But looks that it will take quite an effort to farm all these corpses in SSF?

Congrats! Dropping the staff is pain in SSF. I personally abandoned the idea of corpse crafting, it's too much hassle for me, but I've seen some dedicated people in SSF global create masterpieces.

I'm still trying to gradually upgrade my gears. There is a long way to go as I currently only have 6.5k EHP and 1.1 Int in SSF.
But I'd like to share my Voidborn Reliquary Key drop today :-):

Thanks for this solid build!
"
vbvan wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
vbvan wrote:
Thanks for the update!

I just got The Whispering Ice with 18% Int dropped in SSF.
Time to switch to this build and craft some nice gears like yours :-). But looks that it will take quite an effort to farm all these corpses in SSF?

Congrats! Dropping the staff is pain in SSF. I personally abandoned the idea of corpse crafting, it's too much hassle for me, but I've seen some dedicated people in SSF global create masterpieces.

I'm still trying to gradually upgrade my gears. There is a long way to go as I currently only have 6.5k EHP and 1.1 Int in SSF.
But I'd like to share my Voidborn Reliquary Key drop today :-):

Thanks for this solid build!

Nice drop! That is going to help you quite a bit, especially in SSF where you won't get a synth belt. Congrats!
Can i swap ball lightning for wave of exposure? Additional debuff would be sweet
Hi, I'm in the end stages of gearing the build and had a question from someone with insight in terms a Watcher's Eye.

I assume Mana as Energy Shield / Clarity is a given.
It's tough to find one with 2 Hatred mods so is there a difference and if so which is better between:
Increased Cold Dmg / Hatred
and
Cold Penetration / Hatred

For the final mod I was thinking Physical Dmg Takes As X / Purity of elements, correct?

I also though about the Gaun Energy Shield from Hits/Discipline mod, but WW hitrate is slightly above 50% and for bosses and tough enemies we self cast anyway, so am I right to assume it's not worth?

Thanks for any tips.
"
Gimdir wrote:
Hi, I'm in the end stages of gearing the build and had a question from someone with insight in terms a Watcher's Eye.

I assume Mana as Energy Shield / Clarity is a given.
It's tough to find one with 2 Hatred mods so is there a difference and if so which is better between:
Increased Cold Dmg / Hatred
and
Cold Penetration / Hatred

For the final mod I was thinking Physical Dmg Takes As X / Purity of elements, correct?

I also though about the Gaun Energy Shield from Hits/Discipline mod, but WW hitrate is slightly above 50% and for bosses and tough enemies we self cast anyway, so am I right to assume it's not worth?

Thanks for any tips.

Cold Pen with Hatred is the damage mod.

ES gain per hit is any hit, not just attacks. Spell hits count as well and Icestorm hits. Many, many times per second. ES/hit is still ridiculously good. It used to be the go to mod back when we used Occultist/Scion, but with Trickster you have so much other defenses (Soul Drinker) it is not that much needed. But it is still very good, especially early when you don't have other defenses maxed.

%mana as ES is something I have never really used. It is good, but I prefer ES gain per hit early game (just personal preference) and late game you have so much ES anyway it doesn't really matter. %mana as ES also tends to be much more expensive than ES/hit.

Dmg taken as elemental with Purity is good third mod. It is relatively common. (up to) 50% less reflected elemental damage taken with Purity lets yo udo Ele reflect maps without any problems. Second Hatred mod if you can find, but having 2 Hatred mods will be expensive. Really whatever useful third mod you can find within your budget.

This is what I used the whole league.
Last edited by Cjin on May 2, 2024, 6:18:44 AM
"
Czoken wrote:
Can i swap ball lightning for wave of exposure? Additional debuff would be sweet

You can, but we already have exposure on the boss staff via Awakened Cold Pen, so losing some curse coverage isn't worth it.
RNG will be my doom. 3s2p each time so far.

Ah well.

How the hell did I get t2 mana on the first chest? Do I need to add another -300% mana coffin? Running the craftofexile simulation did not spawn a mana affix.

I suppose this is RNG's retaliation for hitting 10% int on my helmet first try.
Last edited by Graiaule on May 3, 2024, 9:37:33 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:
RNG will be my doom. 3s2p each time so far.

Ah well.

How the hell did I get t2 mana on the first chest? Do I need to add another -300% mana coffin? Running the craftofexile simulation did not spawn a mana affix.

I suppose this is RNG's retaliation for hitting 10% int on my helmet first try.

Random crafting is... random. You can reduce the chances of getting mana mods, but you cannot completely eliminate them. There will always be tiny chance of rolling them.

There is coffin for increased chance to roll prefix mods. If you have room try add few of those.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info